• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

‘GOD’S NATURE’

‘GOD’S NATURE’
There are three popular views as to the nature of God, the Unitarian view, Bintarian view, and the Trinitarian view. Today I will not take any side of any of these views nor will I discuss them. Today, I want to talk about how great our God is and how big He truly is. Let us first take a look at our own nature, after all we are made in the image of God and in God’s likeness, (Genesis 1:26), and we will begin to see more of what God is truly like. We operate in three and half dimensions; space, width, length, and one direction in time. We live on this planet Earth and we have been so prideful throughout our history as to viewing ourselves as the center of the universe, the greatest and biggest thing in all of creation. Even today people view themselves as ‘gods’. Have you ever realized how small we truly are? Have you compared the size of the Earth to the other planets and stars? The sun is about 109 times larger in diameter than the Earth, and you could fit one million Earths inside of the Sun. Our Sun is pretty small as well; the largest star that has been discovered is R136a1 and it is 265 times more massive than our Sun! Needless to say we are pretty small, yet we puff our chests up every day with what we think we know and have accomplished. The Bible says in Isaiah 40:12,"Who has counted the handfuls of water in the sea,
measured off the sky with a ruler,
gauged how much dust there is on the earth,
weighed the mountains on scales, or the hills in a balance?”
Also in Isaiah 40:22, “He who sits above the circle of the earth —
for whom its inhabitants appear like grasshoppers —
stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
spreads them out like a tent to live in.”
That is a pretty massive God if you ask me!!

We live in three and half dimensions, so, let’s take a look at what science is discovering about dimensions. Mathematically we have discovered that there are at least 10 dimensions. We cannot even fathom the idea of what the 5th dimension is let alone what the 10th dimension would entail. According to the bosonic string theory there are 26 dimensions and according to string theory there are 10 dimensions. Scientists have also concluded that it would have taken God at least 10 dimensions to be able to create everything according to Genesis chapter one. Cern, a laboratory in Switzerland are doing experiments searching for the Higgs Boson or also called the ‘God particle’. They are hoping that through their experiments they will be able to understand more about the other dimensions.

Now let’s take a step back, God is obviously a creative being and we are made in His likeness and we too have a creative capacity. Again, we live in three and half dimensions and God obviously lives and operates in many more dimensions, could be thousands for all we know. So, if we have a God that is at least a ten dimensional being, how can man fully understand his nature? Or how can God provide a message to a three dimensional being? If we were to create a two dimensional world, we would be able to see all things, and to know all things. The two dimensional beings could attack us and we would just laugh at their attempts. We could even visit them by putting our finger in the middle of their two dimensional world and depending on the point of view they had they would argue about our nature. Or we could draw cube in their world and they would not be able to understand the three dimensions of it, they would simply see sides and points and the two dimensional beings would create different sects of beliefs around who this higher being is. We could however slowly unfold the cube piece by piece giving them clues to what our nature is; maybe that is what God has done by providing the Bible for us. God uses seven different Hebrew words to talk about heaven:
Vilon – is the word for curtain or tent as where God stretches out the heavens. (Isaiah 40:22)
Rakia – refers to the physical or visible heavens containing the sun, moon and stars (Genesis 1:17).
Shechakim – refers to the atmosphere (Psalm 78:23).
Zevul – is the habitation where God’s glory exists (Isaiah 63:15).
Maon – is the place where angels live (Psalm 42:8)
Machon – refers to the storehouses where the treasures of rain, snow and hail belong (Deuteronomy 26:15).
Aravot – is the storehouse of righteousness and peace, where angel beings reside and possibly the spirits of those not yet born in waiting (Psalm 6:4).
Perhaps these seven Hebrew words for heaven represent the other seven dimensions, beside height width and length. Unfortunately for now we see through a glass darkly, 1 Corinthians 13:12. We do not see the ultimate reality of what is going on right before our eyes. Even in II Kings 6:14-17, we see God opening up man’s eyes so that he can see His army of angels present.

God is an amazing God! He has the ability to stop the sun, Joshua 10:12-13. God is present in all of time; He was, is and is to come, Revelation 1:4. God is present everywhere, Psalms 139:7-9, “7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea.” We even see that God can roll the heavens up like a scroll, Isaiah 34:4. Is there anything too hard for God? No there is not; read Genesis 18 and Jeremiah 32. God has counted the hairs on your head, Luke 12:7, He even has counted the stars and named them! Psalms 147:4.

“What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?” Psalms 8:4. It is impossible to wrap our mind around God’s nature; just ponder over the fact that He has no beginning and you will understand that. I serve a God that is so big and so infinite that I will never fully understand all of who He is. Until God returns in his full Glory and we change to be like Him we must trust Him, serve Him and seek Him with all our heart, all our soul and all our might!

I pray that anything I have written that is not the will of God that it falls dead at your sight and does not bear bad fruit.