• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

“Conscience of Sins”

Active
The goal of the Father for believers concerning sanctification is that they would have “no more conscience of sins” (Heb 10:2). Saints need not to contemplate their sins since they have been completely and permanently cleared of all the guilt of all their sins—“once for all” (Heb 10:10, 12, 14; 9:12, 28)!

“Because the worshippers, once purged, would have had no more conscience of sins” intends the design that we are not to allow a guilty conscience because of our sins (unless one thinks Christ’s expiation was insufficient to procure all sin), to manifest the impact of being always forgiven, and thus never needing to wallow in the mire of guilt! We can be aware of our sins only enough to identify them and remember the Lord’s expiation for them. There can be a short season of guilt in a babe-in-Christ, but maturity affords the believer growth in Christ (Eph 4:15); and if we maintain any guilt concerning anything at all, we have yet to learn fully God’s forgiveness in Christ.

It is not humility that may keep one thoughtful of one’s sins, but ignorance of the truth that the believer in Christ is in unbroken forgiveness with God when living a life of confession and repentance of sins; and know, it isn’t our obedience, which shows our love for God (Jhn 14:21, 23) that forgiveness is secured, but forgiveness is established by faith in the expiation of Christ’s Cross.

This answers to the fact that we are to “lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us” in order that we might not be “troubled” and “overtaken” in much sadness of heart (Gen 4:13; Gal 6:1; Jhn 14:1, 27). Our sins be as they may, God has provided—through faith in Christ, confession and repentance—“a way of escape, that we may be able to bear it” (1Co 10:13); and all is accounted for concerning all our sins and His all-forging love.
NC

“Because the worshippers, once purged, would have had no more conscience of sins”; there are external and internal worshippers; the latter are such who worship God in Spirit and in truth: but here ceremonial worshippers are meant, who, if they had been really purged from sin by legal sacrifices, and purifications, would have had no more conscience of sins, and so have had no need to have repeated them; as such spiritual worshippers, who are once purged from sin by the Blood and sacrifice of Christ; not that they have no sin, or no sense of sin, or that their consciences are seared, or that they never accuse for sin, or that they are to make no confession and acknowledgment of sin; but that they are discharged from the guilt of sin, and are not liable to condemnation for it; and through the application of the Blood of Christ to them, have peace with God, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”

—John Gill

Loyal
The goal of the Father for believers concerning sanctification is that they would have “no more conscience of sins” (Heb 10:2). Saints need not to contemplate their sins since they have been completely and permanently cleared of all the guilt of all their sins—“once for all” (Heb 10:10, 12, 14; 9:12, 28)!

“Because the worshippers, once purged, would have had no more conscience of sins” intends the design that we are not to allow a guilty conscience because of our sins (unless one thinks Christ’s expiation was insufficient to procure all sin), to manifest the impact of being always forgiven, and thus never needing to wallow in the mire of guilt! We can be aware of our sins only enough to identify them and remember the Lord’s expiation for them. There can be a short season of guilt in a babe-in-Christ, but maturity affords the believer growth in Christ (Eph 4:15); and if we maintain any guilt concerning anything at all, we have yet to learn fully God’s forgiveness in Christ.

It is not humility that may keep one thoughtful of one’s sins, but ignorance of the truth that the believer in Christ is in unbroken forgiveness with God when living a life of confession and repentance of sins; and know, it isn’t our obedience, which shows our love for God (Jhn 14:21, 23) that forgiveness is secured, but forgiveness is established by faith in the expiation of Christ’s Cross.

This answers to the fact that we are to “lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us” in order that we might not be “troubled” and “overtaken” in much sadness of heart (Gen 4:13; Gal 6:1; Jhn 14:1, 27). Our sins be as they may, God has provided—through faith in Christ, confession and repentance—“a way of escape, that we may be able to bear it” (1Co 10:13); and all is accounted for concerning all our sins and His all-forging love.
NC

“Because the worshippers, once purged, would have had no more conscience of sins”; there are external and internal worshippers; the latter are such who worship God in Spirit and in truth: but here ceremonial worshippers are meant, who, if they had been really purged from sin by legal sacrifices, and purifications, would have had no more conscience of sins, and so have had no need to have repeated them; as such spiritual worshippers, who are once purged from sin by the Blood and sacrifice of Christ; not that they have no sin, or no sense of sin, or that their consciences are seared, or that they never accuse for sin, or that they are to make no confession and acknowledgment of sin; but that they are discharged from the guilt of sin, and are not liable to condemnation for it; and through the application of the Blood of Christ to them, have peace with God, and joy in the Holy Ghost.”

—John Gill
May I ask then what are some of The Operating Offices of "The Parakletos" and using the Greek definitions of The WORD, definition as prescribe in The Greek text" and not the definition of a lexicon translation of the English in the greek. Giving The definition of The Greek and Not The English for The Greek.
as prescribe in "ISBE" and "Vines" including "Pneumatology". and not the mere definition of a word term, "Holy Spirit" in which is limited in English declarations. and used likely, only by those who trained us to do so.:pensive: no argument here, but to give it a real look and to see how it matches your defense and explanations and "exegesis" on your assessment of defining “no more conscience of sins”:pensive:
Unless, you think this is offense and a attack on your short "Thesis about "no more conscience of sins".
I back down, and Sir you may, "document and file it in "The Library of Congress" That The Whole world may be bless by your paper
concerning "No more Conscience of Sins"

PloughBoy

note: I read it and I reread it and I reread it. and that is how I came to this conclusion.
You have no fight here with me. Teach what GOD told you to teach. and I know you would not dare teach what God haven't told you to teach.
and we know.

King James Bible James
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
and GOD "Scourges" severely every son he receives. and it is a frighting thing to fall into the hands of a angry GOD.

Hebrews
"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons."

And "The Parakletos" Mission is also a "reminder". and I took note: of a reference from "John Gill" and I don't know who he is or of any of his "credentials of authority" in such matters concerning "Pneumatology"

And please take note, I am not attacking you!

Loyal
'For the law having a shadow of good things to come,
and not the very image of the things,
can never with those sacrifices which they offered
year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
For then would they not have ceased to be offered?
because that the worshippers once purged
should have had no more conscience of sins.'
(Heb 10:1-2)

'According as He hath chosen us in Him
before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy and without blame before Him
in love:'
(Eph 1:4)

* It is finished. We are holy and without blame (before God, in Christ Jesus) because God's righteousness has been imputed to us. Yes? That is our 'standing' by faith.

Praise God!

Active
May I ask then what are some of The Operating Offices of "The Parakletos" and using the Greek definitions of The WORD, definition as prescribe in The Greek text" and not the definition of a lexicon translation of the English in the greek. Giving The definition of The Greek and Not The English for The Greek.
as prescribe in "ISBE" and "Vines" including "Pneumatology". and not the mere definition of a word term, "Holy Spirit" in which is limited in English declarations. and used likely, only by those who trained us to do so.:pensive: no argument here, but to give it a real look and to see how it matches your defense and explanations and "exegesis" on your assessment of defining “no more conscience of sins”:pensive:
Unless, you think this is offense and a attack on your short "Thesis about "no more conscience of sins".
I back down, and Sir you may, "document and file it in "The Library of Congress" That The Whole world may be bless by your paper
concerning "No more Conscience of Sins"

PloughBoy

note: I read it and I reread it and I reread it. and that is how I came to this conclusion.
You have no fight here with me. Teach what GOD told you to teach. and I know you would not dare teach what God haven't told you to teach.
and we know.

King James Bible James
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
and GOD "Scourges" severely every son he receives. and it is a frighting thing to fall into the hands of a angry GOD.

Hebrews
"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons."

And "The Parakletos" Mission is also a "reminder". and I took note: of a reference from "John Gill" and I don't know who he is or of any of his "credentials of authority" in such matters concerning "Pneumatology"

And please take note, I am not attacking you!
I understand and thanks for the reply and compliments!

Loyal
I understand and thanks for the reply and compliments!
Maybe to make it a little more clearer in "laymen" terms instead of "TheologicaL TERMS"

By your title and the body of your "Thread" entitled:
“Conscience of Sins”
Romans 6:21
What fruit did you reap at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? The outcome of those things is death.

I could not rightly understand, your meaning. Whether the "Consciousness of sins is a good thing or bad thing".

For we know that The "Consciousness of Sins" is a good thing. And it is a "Alarm bell" and a "Sanctifier" and It also is a "gift" from "GOD". Now just for a reminder, I am not a "layman" but a "Theologian" in the field of "Theology Proper". So you do know, "laymen" have a great problem of understand such fields of "theological studies" and Terminologies of "the Biblical Text". and all of this is a know fact and acceptable throughout "The Catholic Church" and you understand Sir, I did not say; "The Roman Catholic Church" I said: "The Catholic Church" in which The body of "laymen ship" has "Contaminated" certain word as well by definition. :pensive:

Now that "introduction" has Been Presented so that we now can return back to The Title Thread, Entitled:

"Conscience of Sins” for Clarification only.​

And we Know that "The Moral Law of GOD" is good and active. for With out The Moral Law of GOD, there is no knowledge of Sin. Jesus came Not To destroy it BUT TO FULFILLED. Not to Pour the water out of the Glass but To put More WATER in. To fulfilled not to pour out. He came not To "abolish but to Fulfill":pensive:

I feel it is necessary to quote Backing up Scripture for The benefit of "The Laymen" who are observing this thread, for many may think That a Theologian of Such do not know The "translated Copied Book" of "The Original Copied Manuscript". So I will revert To the 1977 or later "NASB" as A reference.
I am doing this for the benefit of The readers. I can be so serious concerning the Biblical Text, that cannot be any type of fun in The Game. for God has Taught me so. And Crack not one smile.:relieved: The Assembly of Pastors and My Wife will declare I do not smile or joke. That is, only available to my GOD and My Children.:pensive: and to those I considered a friend. and those friends have become my friends by coming to my aid, when I lied down wounded on the road and That Corrupted Gentile, having came to me aid. And those who I Have helped have not become my friends, but they called me friend and I always warn them, I am not your friend. And I , stop there without any explanation. That is Private to my GOD. and I Love all of my Enemies. and "GOD" and The Love people describe are like "DAY and NIGHT" His Ways are not like the ways of All the people of This world. and His grace and mercy is extended to all. not some,, to all.:relieved: I 'm sorry, but I feel I must "DOT every "I" and "Tittle" and highly Professional in all of my Proclamations. In Which I can Highly do to "precise" and Theological Sound in "TRUTH". in That I was also Called. So I will introduce before Explanation. as a Art of Being kind. as if I was a "Michelangelo" Painting Pictures with all of The Tapestries":pensive:

If I may be permitted , if it can be accepted as Feasible, may I use a quote of, "The Martin Luther King Jr." that struck me will a sense of Being when I was at a "university' that I attended in my early youth. It went like this:

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."
From a teen, if I wash dishes I wash those dish so well the living or the dead could not was them any better
When I Swept the floor no one could sweep them better

when I iron my children clothes the cleaners could not press them any better
when taught them how to read the schools could not teach them better

when I taught them how to Interpreted read, the teachers could not teach them any better
When I clean the house dust tables decorated the home year after year No one could decorated a Christmas any better.

When I cook dinner and invited others, no one could cook it better.

When I cut the lawn, when I planted the flowers in The Garden, no one could plant then any better.

I got "witnesses" in Heaven and and on earth!

So here I am. "Thomas Aquinas" had his day and LORD you gave me mines, And I will give account of My Stewardship what all you gave to me. From the dish to the street to 4 bathrooms, in all you gave me. from the football team Leadership to "Okinawa Martial Arts Leadership" To Motorcycle Club Leadership, to braiding and preparing my daughters hair for school and church. and teaching my children how to pray and recite "The Lord's Prayer" and The 23rd. Division of Psalms from the time that they could speak, and the many days I was weak in mind and strength. But You kept me all of these years the years I had to work along but as The Old women of Faith, Told me to keep on Moving even if You have to walk along, you can do it a=because GOD will help you with tears in the old mothers of The Church! They do not Make the women Like that "NO MORE" The women I notice many they have Abandon Ship and Command others to do so in Honoring GOD and In Hot pursuit of what the world Calls Happiness. and Not what The Word of GOD Calls Happiness.

and
Finally:

NASB 1977
“In view of this, I also do my best to maintain always a blameless conscience both before God and before men.

Hebrews 13:18
Pray for us; we are convinced that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.
2 Timothy 1:3
I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience as did my forefathers, as I constantly remember you night and day in my prayers.

Acts 23:1
Paul looked directly at the Sanhedrin and said, "Brothers, I have conducted myself before God in all good conscience to this day."

Romans 2:15
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Romans 9:1
I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
And we have those who are not conscious of their sins for a good reason, I have meant and talked to many, who live and patience all kinds of sins and not bother by their openly sins and hidden sins, because they claim Jesus died for their sins, and Many Pastors To. more for than against such a display of Parading from all the places I have been from coast to coast. in The churches in all the areas I have been in for over 40 years White and Black and Hispanic churches coast to coast. And some of my colleagues has prescribe it also in "Europe Australia and greatly has affected The Christianity in Africa.

And I argue not with them, for they have many christian friends that agree with them and do the same. Have do argument with them for I am out number.

NASB 1977
How [happy] blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!

NASB 1977
“Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and let the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and let the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.”

NASB 1977
There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.
Romans 6:21
What fruit did you reap at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? The outcome of those things is death.

“Conscience of Sins” past and forward is also a good thing.​

Or just maybe I did not quite understood you proclamation in "Post #1" But I tried too.:no_mouth: I will go back again and read it to again. on this date.

PloughBoy,
ok I read it again. it is unsettling to me. I said to me. many may agree. and now days, everybody's have their own doctrine. about it all "GOD' JESUS" THE CHURCH" "CHRISTIANITY" "Denominations" "translations" of All kinds "translation of other translations" and All Kinds of definitions of words, and "Christian theologies" So I am just a pea in the pile. and I know it.
So if don't mind, just take my 2 cents and do as you please, it does not matter, in Reality for me! Notice I did say for me. I have no hard feelings. but you may think of me all you please, The worst you think of me concerning this, can make me more happier, than you can ever imagine.:)

I am PloughBoy who loves and embraces hard "Theological Criticism' concerning "the Faith that was once delivered toThe saints"

NASB 1977
Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing That You Contend Earnestly For The Faith Which Was Once For All Delivered To The Saints.

I do not wear "Armor For Nothing" :eyes:

NASB 1977
1 Timothy 1:8
But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
Romans 7:12
So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous, and good.
2 Timothy 2:5
And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

NASB 1977
in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

If my conscience is accusing me, then I will repent until my conscience defends me against my enemy. whether that Enemy is "the flesh, The world or The devil" Consciences of a past or future then would be a good thing, wouldn't it, "in "Christ JESUS" or out of Christ Jesus which would lead us To The Foot of The Cross where The Blood of Christ ran down.

"Be careful, however, that your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone with a weak conscience"

NASB 1977
Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.

NASB 1977
let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an "Evil Conscience" and our bodies washed with pure water.

Your Text introduction Post into The Title thread reads as follows: In The grouping of "Sermons and Podcast"
"The Goal Of The Father For Believers Concerning Sanctification Is That: they would have “No More Conscience Of Sins” (Heb 10:2). Saints Need Not To Contemplate Their Sins Since they have been completely and permanently cleared of all the guilt of all their sins—“once for all” (Heb 10:10, 12, 14; 9:12, 28)!"

The choice of words?

Note: I know many "laymen" cannot discern the Ceremony Laws and The moral law given at Mt. Sinai. as when Translation mentions The LAW of GOD, many cannot discern The Difference as Prescribe In the New Testament translations and The Old Testament translation as well in The English language, A Known Fact. it is like riding a bike or the more you ride it the better you become in riding it and balancing it and Maneuvering it.

Last edited:
Active
For we know that The "Consciousness of Sins" is a good thing. And it is a "Alarm bell" and a "Sanctifier" and It also is a "gift" from "GOD".
"The worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year" (Heb 10:2, 3). The idea of "once for all" (v 10) is to avoid the necessity of the "priest standing daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices;" thus "by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Heb 10:11, 14). I believe only a clear conscience will produce maturity in Christ (Eph 4:15)! Otherwise the believer is stunted in growth; which will only be temporarily because of God's "work in you" (Phl 2:13).

Loyal
"The worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year" (Heb 10:2, 3). The idea of "once for all" (v 10) is to avoid the necessity of the "priest standing daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices;" thus "by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Heb 10:11, 14). I believe only a clear conscience will produce maturity in Christ (Eph 4:15)! Otherwise the believer is stunted in growth; which will only be temporarily because of God's "work in you" (Phl 2:13).
You have "Missed the Mark" by your introduction "text". There is only "One Covenant of GOD" and it was Fulfilled not replace. Jesus came To Fulfill not to replace.:pensive: Now That is A hill as of Calvary that many have seen and received the benefits but still cannot climb. As simple as it is. It is So simple it can rightly be missed and not understood.:pensive: "But where sin abounds, Grace abounds much more" quite understandable many do not have to understand it to receive its blessing, To understand it, is not necessary to requirer it. All is A "Gift" and not earn less any man should boast.:relieved: Every ounce is given By "GOD" and not earn. Meaning "GOD THE FATHER" and At this time not Speaking of "GOD The SON".:relieved: But honoring The FATHER who cannot be separated from The SON who always been with him. in a place where there is no time or Space or Anything created. But Always been, I am relating to and the goal concerning "The Unveiling Of The Manifestations Of The Glory Of The Sons Of The Living God":pensive: all creation awaits Eagerly, to see what The FATHER Purpose of ALL Creation, that was "CREATED in CHRIST JESUS The SALVATION of THE GOD ALMIGHTY"

Everything Created, Moans Groans and is suffering until The Arrival of That Day. That All creation will be release from "The BONDAGES of Corruption". the trees , the hills, the seas, the mountains, The bugs, The plants, the stars The moon The Sun, The Universe is awaiting for our "Manifestation":pensive:

I hope you can understand the full Analysis of my "Theological approach" regarding your Statement again concerning your "introduction Opening statement" which is as follows regarding your Title Thread.

Post 1 introduction text:
"The goal of the Father for believers concerning sanctification is that they would have “no more conscience of sins” (Heb 10:2). Saints need not to contemplate their sins since they have been completely and permanently cleared of all the guilt of all their sins—“once for all” (Heb 10:10, 12, 14; 9:12, 28)!"

Title thread:

“Conscience of Sins”

PloughBoy, I read the body of your Thread at least 6-7 times to make sense of it. it made no sense to me. I could have just left it completely along with no "scrutiny" whatsoever ever, but everyrnight and every morning I must reported in person with my GOD, and LORD knows I like to have sweet dreams when I close my eyes my wife always have said, you go to sleep quick. "Clear the LINE" because he will will wake you UP! and you will still be up until you understand what he wants, "JONAH"!

But nice Title to prime pumps who do not fear to engage such "Theological Talks" That matters. and excuse my grammar. That is not one of my gifts of The LORD. but I do know some who have the "GIFT" of "Linguistics" from GOD. and how am I impressed and feel so bless to hear them express about The Art of languages.:pensive:

Active
But nice Title to prime pumps who do not fear to engage such "Theological Talks" That matters. and excuse my grammar. That is not one of my gifts of The LORD. but I do know some who have the "GIFT" of "Linguistics" from GOD. and how am I impressed and feel so bless to hear them express about The Art of languages.:pensive:
It's okay, but it appears we have differences of beliefs. God bless!