Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

3 Needed?

I have read in many places that for a healthy relationship with your spouse you must also include God. What this means is that you both must love God and aknowledge(sorry for spelling) him in your life/relationship. One person in the couple can not be without God. Imagine being a third wheel in a group where one person loves you and the other doesnt know you are there. That is what it would be like.

Fine yourself a christian lover and rejoice

Yes for the ideal healthy marriage, husband and wife know Christ and put God first. Thats how God would like it. This is why it is important to be equally yoked.
2Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and darkness have in common?"

But you know sometimes people do not obey God and take heed of the wisdom in this advice, and have to live the daily consequences of being with an unbelieving spouse. Then there is the example of when two unbelievers get married and then one partner gets saved and it causes alot of strife within the relationship. But then miracles happen and after years of praying and trusting the Lord, the unbelieving spouse finally gets saved also.

:sun: Calluna

Well said!
How can a bulb shine when part of it is missing?
How can you shine when the other half of you (your partner) sits in the darkness!

God Bless

Hey all!

What words of wisdom I think this is SO IMPORTANT!

My mum became a Christian last year and my dad is adamently NOT and it is SO hard living in our house. Because my parents love each other lots but my mum now loves God more and my dad can't handle that. He begrudges all the time my mum spends with God and it is the most messy and difficult situation. I have to take on the role of spiritual pacifier, or something like that.

MORAL OF THE TALE:

Get yourself a Christian spouse. full stop!

Redfox, my parents are kind of the same. My mother was Saved after she married my dad. My dad isn't particularly against her being a Christian, but I don't think he understands it (I'm working on him...). Not so much anymore because my mom kinda got weird (doesn't really go to church, doesn't believe the Bible, believes there are multiple ways to heaven, etc)...but when I was a child, she would always bring us to church, he would go if he wanted to. If my parents argued, he wouldn't go to church for awhile. Things like that.

I am so so so thankful to have an amazing Christian husband. He is not perfect and our marriage is no where near perfect...but I am so thankful that God blessed me with him. :)

Eek! emily it seems we're going through the same thing. Me and my mum are saved and my sis and my dad arent and it's very much them against us and it's horrible. But all things are possible in Christ so Im hopeful always. Praise God that you have a Christian man what a blessing! Love Jack

Back