Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A Little Lost

Buzzard Song

Hey everybody.

I'm new here, and I don't know much about this site or anyone on it, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with asking for help. I've just been a little bit out of it all lately, and I'm not sure what to do. I mean... I just can't focus on God as much as I have before. I just got back from a retreat with my youth group, and it was a lot of fun, but I noticed things were different. I'm not sure if it's good or not. I worry too much about people, and I seem to get lonely really easily. I need a friend who I can talk to about this, so I figured I could open up here to seek guidance.

Thanks.

I'll be your Friend, buzzard. My name is Joe and I am 15 years old. I will be glad to help you anyone way you need.

Hey everybody.

I'm new here, and I don't know much about this site or anyone on it, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with asking for help. I've just been a little bit out of it all lately, and I'm not sure what to do. I mean... I just can't focus on God as much as I have before. I just got back from a retreat with my youth group, and it was a lot of fun, but I noticed things were different. I'm not sure if it's good or not. I worry too much about people, and I seem to get lonely really easily. I need a friend who I can talk to about this, so I figured I could open up here to seek guidance.

Thanks.

Hi Buzz,
Welcome to Talk Jesus! There is not one thing wrong with asking for help, we're all bros & sis' in Jesus, we are one big family, you can always ask for help here!

Youth groups can be fun and they should be, but things happen, sometimes a Christian bro or sis gets out of sorts and things don't click, maybe that's why things seemed different. Don't worry if it was good or bad, it's over with now.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "I worry too much about people" I'm going to take a shot at it and say you worry about what people think of you!
The first thing you have to do is do not worry about what other people think of you.

If you try to please other people to gain their approval you will drive your self crazy. Remember this... #1, Jesus loves you, #2, your parents love you, #3. If have brothers and sisters at home they love you, #4 All the bros and sis' here at Talk Jesus loves you! :heart8:

You are gonna be just fine!

Last edited:
Josh: You are wise in seeking a friend to talk to here at TJ. Such friends are important. But, I think you also need a face-to-face confidante, a mentor to give you guidance through a personal relationship. That person needs to be a man a bit older than yourself, one who is more mature in the Christian faith.

As a favorite saying of mine goes, "When you're going through a minefield, its a good idea to follow somebody." And it's a certainty that growing up is a minefield, no matter how old you are when you do it. I didn't really start to "grow up" spiritually until my alcoholic drinking stopped at age forty-six.

SLE

I think you're probably right, SLE. I think I'll talk to my youth pastor. I'm already pretty close with him, and he's helped me plenty before.

I will be your friend as well!
You can always private message someone and talk one to one.
hope you enjoy the site it is great!

Greetings Buzzard Song,

send me a Private Message anytime!

Much love in Christ Jesus the Lord to you my brother.

Bless you ...><>

Br. Bear

Back