Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

About Love making

Mark

I recently got married and in my years before Jesus sex was a very big deal. It's been 11 years in the Lord but now that I am married my appetite for sex is low and I only became concerned after two visions about not doing it as much as my wife liked. I just can't force it some mornings she wants to cuddle and I want to meditate on the Word, a dream or a vision. And I think she is really eager to have children. So am I but I trust in God's timing. How do I handle the sex part.

This should probably be moved to the men's forum...

1 Cor 7:2; But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.
1 Cor 7:3; The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
1 Cor 7:4; The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
1 Cor 7:5; Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Your body doesn't belong to you. It belongs to your wife. ( verse 4 )
The husband MUST fulfill his duty to the wife. ( verse 3 )

Prayer and meditation are great.... but if you are married you need to take a little time for your spouse.
You need not to deprive one another... ( verse 5 ) ... you need to spend some intimate time together every so
often. This needs to be an agreed upon length of time. There should be some compromise here.
Both need to give in a little.

God should be the "first thing" ... but if you are married (or have children) , He can't be the "only thing".

This should probably be moved to the men's forum...

1 Cor 7:2; But because of immoralities, each man is to have his own wife, and each woman is to have her own husband.
1 Cor 7:3; The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
1 Cor 7:4; The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
1 Cor 7:5; Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Your body doesn't belong to you. It belongs to your wife. ( verse 4 )
The husband MUST fulfill his duty to the wife. ( verse 3 )

Prayer and meditation are great.... but if you are married you need to take a little time for your spouse.
You need not to deprive one another... ( verse 5 ) ... you need to spend some intimate time together every so
often. This needs to be an agreed upon length of time. There should be some compromise here.
Both need to give in a little.

God should be the "first thing" ... but if you are married (or have children) , He can't be the "only thing".

Very revealing, I understand I need a balance between my spiritual and marital life. Some scriptures make more meaning when you are facing specific challenges (1 corinthians 7). It was always easy planning my time when I was single, marriage is an exciting adventure.

I recently got married and in my years before Jesus sex was a very big deal. It's been 11 years in the Lord but now that I am married my appetite for sex is low and I only became concerned after two visions about not doing it as much as my wife liked. I just can't force it some mornings she wants to cuddle and I want to meditate on the Word, a dream or a vision. And I think she is really eager to have children. So am I but I trust in God's timing. How do I handle the sex part.

You as a husband need to be sensitive to your wife's needs. You do not withhold yourself from her. Your visions don't sound like visions. You can cuddle and meditate on God's word, too. It should not be an either/or situation.

Brother mark, a Couple of things we always have to keep in mind about vision or dream we believe are from the Lord. 1. 1 john 4:1 and the reason for this? Gal 1:8 I have never know of the Lord to give us a vision and or a dream without an expressed purpose for you in that vision or dream. Everything is to become confirmed bro! ( 2 Cor 13:1) Just a rule of thumb I live by brother.

Thank you Brighthouse I was offended by what Ophel said concerning visions but I am always eager for more knowledge and understanding. I believe meditating on the Word makes it a part of us. And to assume I go at it alone is wrong every step I have taken is ordered by the Lord. There are always angels or spirit filled brethren that have confirmed his Word. My mentor told me to assume the a vision or dream or message from God can be divided into three parts and for every part there is a witness, you and two others but where there are just two 66% is given to you. Anyway I Come back from work I have to give time to prayer and the word as well as my wife. Early in the morning my wife needs me and I have something I need to understand through the word and his promises. That is my best part of the day with God and that is the time she wants my attention, I got it sorted I needed wisdom from you guys. Thanks.

Back