Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Amen, and amen!

burgeon

Registered Member
Brothers and Sisters:

Have you given any thought about the word amen? The Lord revealed to me that there is power in the word amen. Amen is a word that expresses our faith.

amen (dictionary)
Used at the end of a prayer or a statement to express assent or approval.

amenable (thesaurus)
1. Willing to carry out the wishes of others; 2. Legally obligated; and 3. Ready and willing to receive favorably.

The American Heritage Dictionary, 3rd ed., 1993; and Roget's II The New Thesaursus, 3rd ed., 1995.

Last edited:
Thank you Burgeon . . . I kinda read that before. . .but its great to see that right in front of your face and have reminder and assurance
I will surely remember to copy this to a couple of friends :love: Thank you :love:

Jesus is Lord!

Peeps:

Wonderful to hear from you. Praise the Lord!

A prayer for you:

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for my Sister Peeps. I ask that you bless her and her precious family. We love you, Father. In Jesus name. Amen.

P.S.: I love Joyce Meyers.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Jesus is Lord!

Debbie:

Let's pray for our Sister Joyce Meyers:

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for our Sister Joyce. Please be with her today in a mighty way. You know her needs. We thank you for her ministry. In Jesus name. Amen.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
amen is a hebrew word meaning "so be it", "truth", "faithfulness" sometimes it was used in the begining of a statement, in the new testament where you see Jesus say "verily" it is the hebrew word amen, and at the end of a statement it usually reads "amen"

Jesus is Lord!

Thank you, Jiggyfly!

What source did you get this from?

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
burgeon said:
Thank you, Jiggyfly! What source did you get this from?

Your Sister in Christ,

Dr. Bon Vie
Strongs hebrew dictionary and referenced Cyclopedia of biblical, theological and ecclesiastical literature (McClintock and Strong)
It is a very powerful word, especially at the end of a prayer. You are saying "so be it"

Jesus is Lord!

Jiggyfly:

I learned some of what you posted in Bible college (years ago). I did not know that verily is the Hebrew word amen.

Thank you for taking time to share this with me. I am sincerely blessed.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Yes, jiggyfly, it is interesting that "verily-affirmation, surely, truly" and "amen-truly, so be it, sure" do have the same meanings in both Hebrew and Greek. Amen is powerful; however, I had never thought about how/where the words were placed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Amen! :) LOL

Yes, I love that word. Its a beautiful way to put a proper end to a prayer with assurance, belief, trust, faith.

Back