Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

An Eternal Perspective

Christ4Ever

Staff Member
as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and [yet] possessing all things. 2 Corinthians 6:10 NKJV

Second Corinthians 6:3-10 is an extended list of the suffering and hardships the apostle Paul and his traveling companions endured as they worked day and night to take the message of salvation through Jesus Christ into the world around them. It’s a list that can make you shake your head and say “wow!”

In the final verse of this passage, Paul concludes that despite his sorrows he was constantly filled with joy, despite his poverty he helped enrich many, and despite his lack of worldly possessions, he had everything…all simply because he had Jesus.

That’s what an eternal perspective will do to a man.

Though it’s very unlikely that you’ll face suffering even remotely close to that of Paul, you will have your share of distress, hardships, and afflictions in this life. But you can take heart in knowing that God is more than able to get you through it victoriously. And when He does, you can point others to Him as the source of all peace, comfort, and empowerment.

Prayer: Father in heaven, I know You want me to have an eternal perspective, much like Your servant Paul did while he ministered here on earth. Remind me daily that whatever happens in this life, I can have lasting inner peace and joy because I have eternal life through Jesus.

Back