• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Back in Black

Staff Member
You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; [Are they] not in Your book? ...In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Psalm 56:8, 11 NKJV

It’s comforting to know God keeps a record of all your sorrows and sufferings. As an adopted son through Christ, your overall account has gone from red to black. You are no longer in debt to God for your sin but blessed, as Ephesians 1:3 says, “with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms.”

Because the Holy Spirit is working in you to bear spiritual fruit—all the good things listed in Galatians 5:22-23—you can walk with confidence that your hardship is repurposed toward God’s good will. No tears are wasted, no heartache ends in hopelessness. Nothing anyone can do to or say about you will change God’s mind about you, and that liberates you from basing your worth on accomplishments or others’ opinions.

Your Father has written your name in the most important ledger of all, the Book of Life. Your eternity is secure, and so is your present. He tracks every loss, assuring you that, when you trust Him with your suffering, you will come out vindicated and victorious.

Prayer: Faithful God, thank You for taking such good care of me, especially when I’m down. I give all my grief to You. Do Your work and will in my heart and life.