• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Balm for the Deepest Wounds

Staff Member
Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22 NKJV

Few wounds cut more deeply than a friend’s betrayal. Psalm 55 addresses such a betrayal—a friend become foe, smooth words masking surprising hatred, a stunning turn that cut David to the quick. And so, he turned to God.

The psalms remind us that God cares about every detail of our lives, that He is worthy of our praise in all the ups and downs. If you haven’t yet suffered a blow that you think you might never get up from, you will. This world is hard and cruel, but with God, there is always hope—even if you would rather die than take another breath.

Never forget that Jesus understands everything you go through. He knows sorrow and loss, emotional and physical agony, and the deepest betrayals and rejection. Because He overcame them, you will too. Life will shake you, but He won’t let you be knocked off your post at His side. If all you can do is rasp out a single-word prayer—help or please or Father—He hears and He is there. You’re going to be okay.

Prayer: Father, the pain from old wounds feels like it might kill me. Heal me, please, and let me know You’re still there and that You’re not going to ditch me.