Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Emergency

israel

As You'll No, Im A Youth Leader; And In My Youth Im Bathling To Show The Need For God In Their Life.they Seem To Want The Bllessings But Not The Blesser-

Very common problem! The teens are probably learning this way of thinking from their parents, unfortunately (wanting blessings, but no desire to know God or please Him)

Father, I pray for israel especially that you would continue to anoit him to not only teach your Word, but to live it out openly before these teens that they would see Your Light and see the truth and that when You beckon, these teens would answer the call to be saved and live for You. Father, you are calling these young people to give their hearts and their lives and they are lukewarm.

Father, cause them to be moved in your direction and place a longing in their hearts to know You intimately. Use israel and protect him from the enemy's arrows, in Jesus name, Amen.

As You'll No, Im A Youth Leader; And In My Youth Im Bathling To Show The Need For God In Their Life.they Seem To Want The Bllessings But Not The Blesser-
I'm not on staff at my church or anything like that, but I've been a born-again Spirit-filled believer for twenty-three years and God has honored me by putting a number of people younger than myself (I'm 70 yrs old) in my life to play a role in their coming to Christ.

In the beginning, it was very frustrating. They just didn't connect with what I was saying. I found myself wishing that I could take a spiritual can opener, open up their heads, and pour in my Scripture knowledge and my testimony and they would "get it" quickly and I could move on to the next "patient". Evangelism doesn't work that way, however.

We have to become contageous Christians. Wasn't it Saint Francis of Assisi who said, "Preach the Gospel; use words when necessary."? Successful leaders lead by example.Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Its not your job to save those kids. That's God's job.Your job is to be a conduit (a pipeline) through whom God pours out his grace to them and draws them to himself.

SLE

Last edited:
I think one of the biggest problems with modern Christianity, is we don't have the slightest clue as to how Holy and Just God really is. We are brought up being told, you want Jesus to be your friend. What happens? We treat him like a friend, like a buddy, someone you can call upon when times are tough. Don't get me wrong, Jesus wants us to be able to call upon him like a friend, but not to treat Him like one.

We need to reverence God. We need to look at Him in awe. Everything you see, and countless things you can't, He created and holds in His almighty hand. His power, His works are far from our comprehension. In the vastness of His amazing creation, we are but a speck, a tiny dot, yet he loves us with a love we can't understand. He cares so much, he gave His only begotten Son, that we would not have to endure eternal hell. Even though that is exactly what we deserve.

A God that great, that loving, that awesome, deserves our obediance. The least we can do is follow His commandments.

My advise to you is this: Make sure your kids understand God and His standard of goodness. His standard is the Ten Commandments. Keep in mind he sees lust as adultry, and hatred as murder. Also remind them of James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

The need to have a bigger view of who God is. They need to understand a Christian life is one of sacrifice. It is't a bed of roses.

All that being said, I agree with Ed on the point that you need to live your faith for them to see. If you tell them all these things about the Holiness of God and how we need to reverence Him, and walk in His commandments, and then you don't. All your words will be for naught, and you will be a hypocrite that they can't believe.

Also, pray and pray some more.

Good luck and God Bless

Bill

Back