Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

1. Prayer Requests

New Community Design

Thinking about doing a refresh design for Talk Jesus community here, possibly using a different software platform as well to replace the current. It'll still remain a "forum" software nonetheless. Please vote at this poll and share your feedback.

View Poll

Dismiss Notice
  2. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Dismiss Notice
  3. Prayer Requests

Facing Our Loneliness

Everyone has lonely moments in life, but when loneliness begins to define our lives, it causes serious problems. We compromise our principles to try to fill the emotional emptiness. We choose behavior that harms our health, relationships, and finances. The consequences can be devastating. Learn how God desires to fulfill every longing you have for meaningful connection.

View This Discussion

Dismiss Notice

False Messiah yet to come?

Discussion in 'Evidence & Prophecy' started by Marek, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Do you believe satan disguised as Messiah will appear on the earth?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Random Thread

1. I would like to add, don't take the message in this video as a fact. Thank you!

2. History is littered with false Christs and false "messiahs."
    More notably Joseph Smith who went on to deceive millions with a false revelation and false gospel.
    Likewise Charles Taze Russell, who founded the Jehovah Witnesses is of similar apostasy.
    Many sects and cults have been set up by charismatic leaders who either lead their followers to death, or disappear very very rich.

I still remember "Jonestown" (Peoples Temple Agricultural Project) under the leadership of Jim Jones, in northwestern Guyana.
    It became internationally notorious when on November 18th, 1978, a total of 918 people died by forced poisonings and shootings.

And who can forget Waco.
    David Koresh (born Vernon Wayne Howell, died 19/04/1993) was the American leader of the Branch Davidians religious sect,
    believing himself to be its final prophet. He was right in that he was their final prophet.

But I save the best for last. Since the fall of the Roman Empire, but especially from 606 AD onwards, the Popes have usurped Jesus as head of
    the Church on Earth. The Vicar of Christ, Pontus Maximus and all that. All the Biblical references to a small power that looks like a lamb but is a dragon,
    right through to the major Anti-Christ verses of Revelation are fulfilled in Rome and the blasphemies of Roman Catholicism.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come,] except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed,
    the son of perdition;
    2Th 2:4 Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God,
    shewing himself that he is God.
    That's a pretty good description of the Popes, Rome and St. Peters.
    No other false Christ (Papal Rome) has lead so many people into idolatry and false doctrines [Babylon].
    No other false Christ has murdered so many millions of other Christians, particularly after the Reformation.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
    24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible,
    they shall deceive the very elect. [Fatima, apparitions, faces of Christ coming through walls, etc...]
    Matthew 24:24

And then there is the world of the U.S. TV evangelists with their own channels and "ministries."
    I can watch this lot on Foxtel here in Australia.
    I am sure that there are false prophets in among this lot.

Marek and Christ4Ever like this.
  3. Thank you, I too don't believe Anti-Messiah is to come, but that he's already here, in the spirit form. There is not one Anti-Messiah but many (false prophets, who mostly don't even realize they are led by a deceiving spirit), who don't speak according to the truth revealed in the word.

I'd like to hear opinion of others on this matter too!!:smile:
    Cast your vote believers!

Sent from a mobile device
  4. This short video from "Voice In The Desert" on how to discern false prophets and false teachers
    5 signs that are are excellent indicators to help us discern ministries and denominations that pretend to teach
    Jesus but do not measure up against the Word...

Well worth watching. A beaut truthful video on this thread's topic on false Christ's...

Christ4Ever and Fragrant Grace like this.
  5. Thank you for sharing brother @Waggles

That was a good watch....concise, factual and thought provoking

6. Thank you @Waggles, yes, that one was precise, what's more disturbing, is that many false prophets haven't knowledge of what they're doing. (Matthew 15:14)