• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Finding Carolina

A friend of mine asked me "Was it worth it? Was it worth loving her?"

She always knew she was my angel, the day to my night/ I saw the shadow of her wings when the light would shine right/ I would tightly grab her hands and never quite understand/ why our promised land was a castle in the sand/ but when her nights would bite lonely and leave a tear in her eye/ I'm the guy who whispered softly, "Carolina, you can fly..."

I just found out
Carolina died
a one-way ticket
on a one-way ride
She took her own life
from deep inside
Pain is just another name
for suicide

She would always run and hide inside the room that makes the rain/ and then she'd call me and confide a lie that she could not explain/ Contain your raw emotion, kid, go and slow your mind/ Yesterday is far away, don't let today fall behind/ So I'd go and pick her up just so she could feel alive/ and as she'd jump into the car, she'd say "Drive...just drive..."

Just to escape
Carolina liked the highs
Running far away
and yet toward her own demise
Freedom by the spoonful
her arms accept the lies
but I still saw life
behind those cold grey eyes

I needed her far more than I needed breath/ and the closer she got to dying it was I who cried for death/ See, as she was craving peace, I was craving what could be/ She always said I couldn't save her, but she was really saving me/ In-between the highs and lows...the blooming, wilted rose/ I would spend my life defending her, because that's the way love goes

Spin the needle
I remember each track
Brown Sugar plays
A crisscross heart attack
Her final sleep rigged
my heroine fades to black
but yeah, it was worth it
because Carolina loved me back

Inside pocket of her coat
she left a little note...

Dear Michael...It's a new day with a brand new dawn/ and I think I gotta tell ya that I must be movin' on/ My heart screams and it seems it's torn apart at the seams/ Think of me and smile, there's no shame in bad dreams/ I've asked for forgiveness of a past I can't outrun/ so I'll spread my wings and fly to the valley of the sun...I love you...