• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

For God’s Sake

Staff Member
A Contemplation of David when the Ziphites went and said to Saul, "Is David not hiding with us?" Save me, O God, by Your name, And vindicate me by Your strength. Hear my prayer, O God; Give ear to the words of my mouth. Psalm 54:1-2 NKJV

The Bible’s histories never say if David got sick of being hunted by Saul—but David said so in the psalms he wrote about those hard days. He poured out his heart to God, leaving no stone unturned, no emotion unexplored or hidden from the Lord. The results are raw and real, the kinds of prayers many Christians think are NSFC (not safe for church).

David wasn’t just complaining for complaint’s sake—he was crying out for God to deliver him for the sake of God’s good name. That’s why the pattern of the psalms always includes a return to worship. David let God know that he was struggling and scared and angry, but then he recalled God’s character and history as the helper and ally of the faithful, as the just one who never abandons those who are faithful to Him.

God knows the struggle you’re in, but it can feel like He has withdrawn His presence and strength. In those times, pray with honesty and expectation. No enemy, whether external or deep in your heart, can keep Him from you.

Prayer: Almighty God, faithful Father, You are my help. You saved me from hell, and You will be with me as I face the trials of this world. Glorify Your name by coming to help me again.

Loyal
Heb 4:15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.
Heb 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. (NLT)