Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Gap Year

Manal_Tayar

hello everyone!

ok, so, i still have one more year at school, and then i will be heading to the University...BUT!

i thought i wanted to take a gap year and get some discipleship before i head out to that world...

and yet, i want to have FUN

i don't want it to be boring...

i am a very outgoing person and i love to interact with people, and i am ready to serve...

anyone with ideas?
please note that i am Lebanese, because i have been checking out websites, and it's not really clear wheter or not the accept me...(like some english gap year websites weren't clear about accepting "non-english" people)

if anyone has attended any program and loved it or hated it or learnt someting from it, i would really appriciate it if you could share!!

thanks a lot anyways!!

DoTK
Manal

Hello manal:-)
Glad to have you here, greeting you in the Blessed name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.
Its good to take a break.But see to it that you utilize the time in a very effective way.
Like for ex: try to learn computers languages and courses if its there in your country.,
do any bible correspondence courses for people of your age.I will pray for you that you will use this break for your spiritual growth:-)

God bless

Yours in his eternal bonds,
Jerusha.

MANAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT'S UP MY GREAT GREAT GREAT COUSIN :)??
I am sorry I can't help you because I dunno what is gap year exactly.

I think that a "gap year" is what some people know as a sabbatical, i.e. time off from school, career, etc. for the purpose of pursuing other things. The purpose that Manal-Tayar seems to have in mind is Christian discipleship training.

SLE

Back