• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

GOD talk to us through our dreams?

Does God talk to us through out dreams?

• Yes

Votes: 67 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters
Do you believe that GOD speaks to us through our dreams?

Yes or No?

Tell about your dreams you had of Jesus & The Almighty GOD.

And I'll share mine as well.

Here is one of my dreams below:

I was somewhere in the desert walking with a small dark skin boy.

In front of me walked Jesus.

Jesus never said anything, He just kept walking & leading the way.

I was happy to see that I was with Jesus.

The small boy that walked with me, was hungry & very thin.

So I asked Jesus if He would give the boy something to eat.

So Jesus gave to me a regular large size green bell pepper.

I thought it odd that this is all He gave me to feed the small boy.

Then I remembered how Jesus fed a large croud with only five loaves of bread and two fish. {Matthew 14:17-21}

So who am I to question Jesus?

Jesus knows what He is doing.

But still, I thought I had done something wrong, because the look on Jesus' face seemed sad.

I remember asking Him something about Him being sad, but I don't remember what I said.

Jesus had no reply, He just turned and looked at me for a moment then continued to lead the way.

Finally we came to a building that seem to stand alone in the middle of the desert out of no-where.

As we walk inside, the little boy ran off to his family. I, all of a sudden, became a little girl.

I see myself following Jesus, He was heading toward some stairs and started down them.

He said for me not to follow Him down, but I wanted to be with Him. So like a curious little girl who loves her Father very much, decided she would be very quite and tip toe down right behind Him.

But, Jesus new what I was up to, turned around & gently said; "I told you to stay up here."

So I went back to where He had left me & watch Him walk down the stairs by Himself.

Then I turned and looked at the door that lead outside to some city that looked a lot like Jerusalem, to me. Where there were adult men talking about their daily business & wearing turbans & long white robes & matching white pants.

I didn't dare to go out side, though I was filled with curiosity.

I just stood there holding a domestic orange kitten & just before I woke up, I notice I was a small little girl, dressed like Shirley Temple.

Last edited:
Do you believe that GOD speaks to us through our dreams?

Yes or No?

Tell about your dreams you had of Jesus & The Almighty GOD.

And I'll share mine as well.

Here is one of my dreams below:

I was somewhere in the desert walking with a small dark skin boy.

In front of me walked Jesus.

Jesus never said anything, He just kept walking & leading the way.

I was happy to see that I was with Jesus.

The small boy that walked with me, was hungry & very thin.

So I asked Jesus if He would give the boy something to eat.

So Jesus gave to me a regular large size green bell pepper.

I thought it odd that this is all He gave me to feed the small boy.

Then I remembered how Jesus fed a large croud with only five loaves of bread and two fish. {Matthew 14:17-21}

So who am I to question Jesus?

Jesus knows what He is doing.

But still, I thought I had done something wrong, because the look on Jesus' face seemed sad.

I remember asking Him something about Him being sad, but I don't remember what I said.

Jesus had no reply, He just turned and looked at me for a moment then continued to lead the way.

Finally we came to a building that seem to stand alone in the middle of the desert out of no-where.

As we walk inside, the little boy ran off to his family. I, all of a sudden, became a little girl.

I see myself following Jesus, He was heading toward some stairs and started down them.

He said for me not to follow Him down, but I wanted to be with Him. So like a curious little girl who loves her Father very much, decided she would be very quite and tip toe down right behind Him.

But, Jesus new what I was up to, turned around & gently said; "I told you to stay up here."

So I went back to where He had left me & watch Him walk down the stairs by Himself.

Then I turned and looked at the door that lead outside to some city that looked a lot like Jerusalem, to me. Where there were adult men talking about their daily business & wearing turbans & long white robes & matching white pants.

I didn't dare to go out side, though I was filled with curiosity.

I just stood there holding a domestic orange kitten & just before I woke up, I notice I was a small little girl, dressed like Shirley Temple.

Dear Sister,

If you don't mind may I ask you a question. Where is the poll? I do believe that God speaks to us in our dreams. Your dream was amazing, but I didn't understand the last part.

God bless you.

Last edited:
Dear Sister,

If you don't mind may I ask you a question. Where is the poll? I do believe that God speaks to us in our dreams. Your dream was amazing, but I didn't understand the last part.

God bless you.

As for the poll, I tried to make a poll, but unfortunately I couldn't figure out just how to start a poll. :embarasse

And as for the last part of my dream;

I too, am a little puzzled. But I've been thinking that it may have something to do with being to young in GOD'S Word. Not to young in my age, but, in the learning of GOD'S Word. As it says in 1 Peter 2:1-5

1. Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2. as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
3. if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4. Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5. you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

So basicly, I have some more {Spiritual} growing up to do, through Jesus Christ?

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
GOD certainly speaks to us in dreams. He spoke to many prophets and characters of the Bible in dreams. Joseph, Jacob, Mary, Jeremiah, etc.

I don't think it happens too often, but no doubt that GOD speaks to us in dreams. I believe when I first got saved GOD spoke to me in 2 or 3 dreams relating to each other about false prohpets (and some other things related, do not remember it much as its been 5 years or so).

As for the poll, I tried to make a poll, but unfortunately I couldn't figure out just how to start a poll. :embarasse

And as for the last part of my dream;

I too, am a little puzzled. But I've been thinking that it may have something to do with being to young in GOD'S Word. Not to young in my age, but, in the learning of GOD'S Word. As it says in 1 Peter 2:1-5

1. Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2. as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
3. if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
4. Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5. you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

So basicly, I have some more {Spiritual} growing up to do, through Jesus Christ?

Dear Sister,

Thank you so much for your reply. So you mean to say that we should be a student of God's word all the time. That is what I perceive. We should be growing in the Lord always. There is no limit for spiritual growth.

God bless you.

NOTE: It is alright (you need not feel embarrassed), if you were not able to figure out, how to post a poll, but when we start a thread, the poll option will be given at the bottom (While starting the thread).

Offcourse he does, I'm sure he does.
Gods has many beautiful ways to reveal himself to whoever he chooses, talks and guide us.

But only If we decide to rely on him ONLY, many people use fortunetellers, horoscope, tarots and soforth, If you choose to do that, God won't talk to you in your sleep.

Think of it like the morophine our body secrets to decrease the pain if we are ever injured, it's natural inside our bodies, but some people depend on painkillers, and once the body accepts the artitificial morophine, it's own natural morophine starts to stop being made in the body,

If we depend on horoscopes, dreams stop being made.

The Dream where my Lord named Me

I had a dream where I was flying over my well-known El Paso, TX. It was more like floating because I was thethered to El Paso by a long rope. Around me where the countries of the world, represented by tall skyscrapers. One called out to me. It said Japan on the side in big red letters going down one of its corners. I so much wanted to fly there, but I was afraid to fly beyond my comfort zone, which was demarcated by a squared fence. I woke from that dream and named myself Panja. A few weeks later, I was healed by Jesus through Pastor Aaron Hicks in Jasper, TX. My artist name became Panja, Japan scrambled up, but since then it has become more clear to me that I am meant to go to Japan to fulfill my Father's will. What His will is exactly, I do not dare say for who knows the mysteries of the Lord? I am simply His steward and I will be glad to go. I was given the gift of prophesy and one night God spoke through me and told me, "You will be like Isaiah. That is my word for you." Panja has become Panjah of Jesus, my official name. Panjah like Elijah because I am wrapped in His eternal love. Overall the name means this, Pan means all-encompassing like Pangea. Ja means affirmation and with the h added to it, it means the eternal Father among many other powerful meanings. And it all ends with of Jesus. Overall the meaning is this: Panjah means the all-encompassing affirmation of Papa Yahweh through Jesus. Since then I have been given the calling of Pastor. My husband and I are following our calling to wherever the Lord wishes to take us. Our church is in the style of a synagogue where people sit in a circle and freely discuss God and His love for us. We will be traveling to Japan in July and living there for a while, since I will be teaching English in Japanese schools.
I know my Father, whom I kindly refer to as my Papa Yahweh, has endowned me with a new name. A new creation deserves a new name. The old me is lost and that name never rang true in my soul anyway. Now I am Panjah of Jesus, the proud daughter of Papa Yahweh. His will will be done in me and I will saunter on in His maturity. That is my dream testimony. Got questions? Ask me; I got answers that spring forth from eternity

Last edited:
Active
Yes God speaks to us through dreams..I've had many that came to past.
Not all was good, but I was able to pray about the situation and for the people.

God is good

Just be careful, we must test everything.

Last edited:
I personally believe that we can have prophetic dreams. I've had a couple.

My first one was more like I was watching a silent (color) film. There were these straw and wood dolls on pedastals. There were candles around and children dancing near them. When I woke up, this was the interpretation:

"Parents must watch that their children do not fall into idolatry and forget about Me."

Another one I had was more recent and more detailed. I was with someone, and we went into a building with a sign that said "Secret Sins" or something like that. We go into the building and there were people there sinning in their nakedness and in the darkness. I rushed out of the building and fell on my knees. Then I was suddenly praying over some of these people. This was the interpretation (from what I can remember):

"Many sin in the darkness and in their nakedness. They think that what they do is secret, yet the world knows what they do but ignore it. Only through the prayer of a compassionate person can these people be delivered from the darkness and be brought into the light."

NOTE: I can't remember what was told to me word-for-word, but this is the basic thing that was said to me. I have a bad memory :(

I think God spoke to me about this girl in my youth group. I dreamt about meeting her at a train station and just talking all the way to youth and the next day, it really did take place; we met at the train station and talked all the way to youth!! I was just in awe of God has done for me.

I had a dream there were two hills; they were sitting on the opposite side of
each other and in the midst of the two hills a valley laid below. On one of
the hills, all the people were standing on it trying to get across to the other hill.
The thing was they weren’t able to go down through the valley because danger
and evil and even death it brought to those who enter the valley. But as I ponder
on these things I saw two lines formed, one was on the right and the other was on the
left. The lines attached to both of the hills which it formed a bridge. The two lines
I saw were people holding hands with one another and praying, and as they prayed people were able to cross in the midst of the formed bridge with no danger came
upon them.

I did not understand the dream for a while but when the time came, I knew exactly
what it meant, being call to be an intercessor prayer.

Definitely believe that God can speak to you in a dream.

Blessing, Trish

That's an awesome dream & a powerful one too.

I would say it means that no matter what The Almighty GOD will protect us if we trust in HIM & go to HIM in pray everytime trouble strikes.

Jonah,
That is wonderful that God can give you a revelation through a dream that I shared on this site. Through the Holy Spirit I do believe that God can talk to individual and this dream can mean different things to others because God is speaking to them and you in a way that you need it.

Like being in a church service and even though it is one message, people respond to it differently and receive a word that touches their heart.

I remember telling my mother about the dream and I told her I don’t understand it.
She told me don’t worry about it, the time will come and you will know exactly what the Lord is telling you from this dream. Oh, she was so right about the time will come and that I will know the understanding of it.

Sometimes the Lord speaks to us about things we don’t understand at that moment, however, sometimes that dream can be a confirmation to you when the time is right.

Thank you Jonah for sharing with me how the Lord spoke to you and bless your heart. Isn’t it wonderful that even though there are thousands and millions of people on the earth but yet God can talk to one person in their Spirit.

Thank you hun for bringing the subject up, it is good to look back and ponder on all the blessings that God did for me and for others.

Your sister in Christ, Trish :wink:

The long version of this story will take you too long to read but I am sharing with you a short version-

My friend committed suicide last year, back then I was a non believer.
I was saved at Christmas2007 and prayed to ask the Lord to take care of my friend Sam.
I continued to pray on behalf of Sam and ask forgiveness for his sin.

Later that month I had a dream. My friend Sam was sitting in a bright room.
He wasn’t the same; he was younger about 15years old (He died when he was 20)
And sat in a circle with some other people, none of which I could make out as their faces were blurred.

I was sitting with Sam for a while and he was apologising for what he had done and was thanking me for visiting the cemetery where he is buried. The conversation went on for what seemed like hours.

After this talk I looked up at the people he was sitting with and one of the faces was of Jesus.
The other faces remained blurred; He didn’t speak but gave me a smile as if to say ‘I told you I would answer your prayers’
I now know that Sam is with the Lord and find great comfort in this. Although I will always miss him my grieving has stopped and instead I am happy when I think of him.

Thank you Lord for bringing this to me through my dream and I thank you Lord for everything that you do for me.
You are so amazing!

Last edited:
"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (Jas 5:16)

"For whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours." (Mk 11:24)

WithUsAlways, I believe your story. Your friend Sam had until his very last conscious thought to cry out to God for salvation. God heard your prayer (and Sam's cry) and reached out for him in the nick of time. Hallelujah!

SLE

The Wedding Dream

I believe that God speaks through dreams. He said that sons and daughters would prophesy, see visions and dream dreams in Joel. I think He gave me this dream (about 2 years ago) and it's still very clear today:
It was my wedding day. I was preparing, putting on the beautiful white dress. One problem: it didn't fit. For a normal bride, this is the time to freak out. I didn't, I stayed calm (which is not like me when it's crunch time). I don't know what I decided to do, because next thing I know, I am standing outside on the street with the knowledge that none of the guests are going to show up. This doesn't faze me, I immediately come to the conclusion that I need to find other guests. I start asking people on the street if they will come to my wedding with me. I didn't know any of them, they were all complete strangers, but I knew that I should not arrive by myself to the wedding.
I get to my car and there's a flat tire. Instead of being discouraged by all of this, we all jump into the back of someone's beat up old truck and begin driving to the wedding.
The wedding is outside of the city, and we are driving on a dirt road. I am in the back of the truck and it is filled with people. The dirt road becomes filled with big potholes and large rocks, trying to block us. We are able to drive and swerve around them. Then there is a huge tree blocking our way. We have to stop. We don't hesitate, we all get out of the truck and go to the tree and begin lifting it together to get it out of our path.When we finish that, we get back into the truck and keep driving down the road.

I woke up, never reaching the destination of the wedding, with a voice saying, "Ephesians 4:23"
I did not know that verse by heart at the time, but I looked it up immediately. It's between putting off the old self and putting on the new- be made new in the attitude of your minds.
It was immediately clear to me that this 'wedding' was for the church and Jesus. It was kind of similar to the parable Jesus said about the guests that were invited to the wedding did not show so the servants were instructed to grab people off of the street to fill the seats at the table (Matthew 22 22:1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying:
2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son.3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
4 "Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'5 "But they paid no attention and went off--one to his field, another to his business.6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them.7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.8 "Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come.9 Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.'10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.)
Normally when I am rushed and things aren't going right (flat tires, last minute changes) I get cranky and frustrated. That never entered my attitude in the dream. I was a 'better me' so to speak. I think that because I represented the bride of Christ, I was having the Christian attitude, not my own. I also realized as I remembered the dream that the potholes, rocks and the tree were things that Satan was doing, trying to stop us from reaching the wedding. I came to the conclusion that God wants everybody- I need to talk to everyone about Jesus, not just those I think 'qualify' for salvation. Who am I to determine that? And yet I know I have spoken to some and been silent to others in the past just because I thought I could determine who deserves salvation. I also appreciate that when 'my car' was not functioning, we immediately found another route. This did not stop us from going. Don't let day to day frustrations stop your witness!!
I hope this encourages whoever reads it like it does me to remember it.
God bless

Yes God speaks to people by dreams. He also uses this medium to warn his children of things to come. I have dreams almost everyday and so far most of them have come pass. Almost all big steps and big falls in my life were forecasted to me in dreams. But most times I fail to understand them until they have come past. I now take my dreams very seriously because I know they would happen. I pray against the dreams I feel don't mean good and pray for the good ones. I also asked God to interprete them for me.

God can speak to us in dreams or any other way He so desires. He can speak to us in any way, any time, in any place. God is capable of doing whatever He pleases.