• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

"He humbled Himself"

Lo I come.....to do thy will, O God" Hebrews 10:7

The life of absolute dependence upon God the Father was to Jesus an utter joy. What a moment it must have been in heaven -
forgive me if this appears to be a flight of my own imagination - when our LOrd humbled himself before His Father and before
all the angels, and accepted the commission to be your Savior and mine......the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

How heaven must have marvelled when He, who was the glory and the light and the beauty of it, thought it not a thing to be grasped
after, to be equal with God. What a moment when He whom angels worshipped, entered human nature as a little baby....in a manger!
What a moment when He who had humbled himself before God, then proceeded to humble himself before men - "Being found in
fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross" Phill. 2:6

That was rock bottom; when He got there he could go no further down. It was this humility and meekness, this gentleness and
nothingness, which God one day took out of the tomb, and raised and exalted and put a throne forever in heaven.

Humbled before God, humbled before men, He is the Lamb upon the throne. Before the eyes of angels, principalities,
powers devils and men, God hath exalted Him and given Him a Name above every other name, for at the Name of Jesus
every knee will bow and every tongue confess.

It was Jesus who said "Take my yoke upon you, learn of me for I am meek and lowly of heart" "He that humbles himself will be
exalted" and "whosoever will be chief among you........let him be your servant"

"Lo I come to do thy will O God"

Last edited: