Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Help a brotha (in Christ) out

Giblien

Hi ladies. A bit about myself:

I am 25 years old. I teach 7th Grade science just outside of Portland, Oregon. I am 5'10" tall, average build, intelligent, compassionate, great sense of humor and good looking. I have been an active Christian for about the last 10 months (though i have been a Christian in name all of my life).

What i look for in a Girl:

Dedicated Christian, genuine sense of compassion to help others and lead others to Christ, attractive, intelligent and adventerous (as in willing to go on missions overseas, spend time in the outdoors).

With this knowledge in mind ladies...here is where i need some advice:

I have trouble approching women i don't know.
What things do you look for when a guy approaches you? What kind of things work, and what doesn’t? What kind of things should I be aware of? What are some signs that the girl wants me to approach and what are some signs that she wants to be left alone (just from looking at her, reading body language and what not)? What are some good places to meet decent, wholesome girls? What are some key things to look out for BEFORE I try to start up a conversation with someone?

Basically I feel fine once the conversation has started, it’s actually STARTING the conversation and picking up on subtle signs that I need help with. It’s the first minute of conversation that has me tripped up.

So anyhow…that is all. Thanks for the help, and if you have any other ideas for me regarding starting up conversations with girls I don’t know, please share them with me.

Thank you so much for your help ladies. God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace and Peace.

I dont think there is any strategy, just being a Man of God and living a Christ like Life.

Confidence is everything, being true to yourself, your morals, your beliefs and submitting all your emotions to God.

The big attraction for me is seeing guys worship, they're not afraid to cry, go on their knees, hands in the air and praising the Lord.

The biggest attraction for me is honesty, sincerity and Respect to God.

I cant tell you where to meet females, but I would tell you when you meet someone, be yourself. She would see the love of Christ in you and thats enough.

Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight

I think you can hardly know already in the beginning if the person could be the right girlfriend for you. She could even get freaked out if too soon she got the feeling that it is your goal. But of course what is important is to get to know each other well first. Thus what is the best is to start to make a frienship. And talk first about interests, hobbies and such but not too personal things. What is nice is showing genuine interest, care and understanding. That is one of the things I really liked about my boyfriend even before we became bf + gf, that when I talked about anything from my life and my interests he was always understanding and caring, asking me about things and being interested, willing to advise and help with any troubles etc. so I could feel I am really a significant person for him.

I think all of us ladies are diffrent so what works for one person may not work on another.
Just be yourself, let the Lord guide you.
As for a place to meet ladies try some where you love ( A park. ect) to go and then you know you have something in common and something to talk about

good luck. let us know how you get on.

God Bless

Back