Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Help! Need guidance!!

report or not?

• Have faith that God will handle this on his own time?

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Bring light to the situation and pray that he doesn't seek revenge?

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I"MSEEKING

I have recently had a bad experience and i am lost and don't know who to talk to. Recently, a girl that i was really close to, opened up to me and told me some things. Keep in mind that this girl told me how close to God she was and she is really active in her church. Now this isn't your everyday church that i am used to. The preacher seeks people that were once drug users and helps them turn their life around. Only about 30-50 people in the congregation so its a pretty small church. The preacher is and has been married for 30 years and he is 60 years old. I'm 30 years old and the girl i was seeing is 20. She recently told me about her "relationship" with the preacher. Its very sick if you ask me! And yes she went into detail. Well the preacher knows that i know and has made threatening calls and i don't know what this man is capable of. Obviously, he is not truly a man of God and everything is a lie so it makes me wonder what he would try to do to me! What do i do? Do i let it go or should i bring it to attention? I feel like the girl is brainwashed and is lost! Her family attends this church also and they do not know about it. Yes, i do have the confession video recorded. I know i should probably report it but I'm ashamed to say that i don't know what this "preacher" will do if i take it that far! I know this girl really is a good person deep down and loves God but feel that she needs help even though she admitted to "loving" him. She also considers his wife a "2nd mom"! Yes, i know this is crazy and sick but i want/need answers.If I'm out of line for typing this on a forum then I'm sorry but i have read every article online and i don't know what else to do. I'm just wanting someones opinion since i can't seem to find another situation like mine on the web. Please!! HELP! God Bless!

Call the preacher, and let him know that if he doesn't confess his sin to his congregation, then you will show the recording to the members whenever you see them. I wouldn't go back though to that church, as he will no doubt stir up accusations about you to lower your credibility.

Call the preacher, and let him know that if he doesn't confess his sin to his congregation, then you will show the recording to the members whenever you see them. I wouldn't go back though to that church, as he will no doubt stir up accusations about you to lower your credibility.
Thats the thing, i don't go to this church. I go to a Baptist church with a congregation of about 300. (really good church) i just think its horrible that he is portraying to be a man of God when in all reality he is just abusing his authority and taking advantage of young girls....... BTW, thanks for the response

Greetings,

Have you spoken to someone at the Church you attend?
That is probably the best place to start. Maybe an elder who can pray about it and offer you some advice.

While it is sometimes OK to seek help online, it is important to seek help from the Church. If you don't feel that you can , either stop following your feelings or stop being part of that church.

Explain that you are concerned for the young woman and her family and for the folks who go to that church.

Let us know how you get on.

Bless you ....><>

I totally agree with you Br Bear. Hey I"MSEEKING. If you are still undecided at this time. I would like to suggest that you make an appointment with your Pastor, tell him the situation, give him a copy of the tape [not the original] and leave it in his hands.

Bless ya!

Back