Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

holding hands

JFreak2011

ive never gone out, but i was wonderin, that is it right in the beginin' of a relationship to hold hands? some of my friends say its ok while others say its not, i happen to think its a lil forward, but i wanted to know what others thought..

ok now, i am not familiar with other cultures that much but i was affected from them in my mind which was wrong..
anyway i think holding hands its good and nice.
i dont think its wrong. but basicly its need to take slowly all the other things cuz you might fall from a temptation.

anyway here: its okay to hold hands even if ur just freinds and not a couple..
you should remember its also change from culture to culture, because you are usually affected from your culture in your way of thinking.

relationship

i understand about holding hands & all but i think after maybe the third date its safe to hold hands, in a relationship, some of my friends think holding hands is okay b4, i guess i jst wanted to know what other people thought about the gesture of holding hands

It really depends on how comfterable you are with the idea. Dont do it if you just feel obligated to do it. Always take things slowly unless you know without a shadow of a doubt that it the person for you. :)

you know...I think it's okay...but don't make yourself do stuff you don't feel comfortable doing... just pray about it...I'm sure it will come to you.

When it comes to drawing the line on dates, its simple. The further you go, the further you will want to. So while holding hands is nothing, once you've been holding hands for a while, you will want to start kissing, and from there you will want to start going further... Basically, when you're young, you are best to stick to friend relationships anyway, cos somewhere along the line you will either have to marry them or break up with them, so until you are looking for a husband or wife. stay away from that stuff

so sad

When it comes to drawing the line on dates, its simple. The further you go, the further you will want to. So while holding hands is nothing, once you've been holding hands for a while, you will want to start kissing, and from there you will want to start going further... Basically, when you're young, you are best to stick to friend relationships anyway, cos somewhere along the line you will either have to marry them or break up with them, so until you are looking for a husband or wife. stay away from that stuff

OHHHHHH, I like this advice!!!

Actually, sadly, my brother just fell into big sin with his girlfriend. Oh, and I'm sure it all started with holding hands and a simple kiss on the cheek.

Why did he do such a thing???? I am lamenting. I truly am. I thought I could trust my own brother. If there could be tears shed...now is the time. My brother basically took the innocence of a girl...and she let him....

Guppy

mistakes

...If there could be tears shed...now is the time. My brother basically took the innocence of a girl...and she let him....

Guppy

There are heaps of people in the world who have made the same mistakes, so don't let it make you think any worse of your brother. I'm not sure if he is a christian or not, but either way, God still loves him, so make sure you remember that it is the sin that is bad... not your brother. He just made a bad choice, but even then, God forgives if you just ask.

Of course, forgiveness!

Oh, yeah, I have forgiven my brother. It took awhile. I guess it deeply affected me. But even now I want to be there for him. I also have forgiven his girlfriend. I love her so. She has truly repented. I am so thankful. I know I must forgive...because God has forgiven me. But, at times, the saddness is very real. And it can hurt. But I must remember God's Grace. So I also pray for myself--that God will make me strong to overcome temptation. However, such a topic really makes me blush. Honestly, why don't people blush more often about this????

Guppy

It's a comfort thing, along with self control. If you know you are likely to let it lead to things that it shouldn't, then don't put yourself in that position, but if you're walking in the park or at a fair or something, and you know it won't go any further, then I don't see any problem with it.

i reallly dislike the idea of a # dates rule. its a relationship not a math formula. for some to reach the point where holding hands is a pure expression of love (absent from lust) it might happen right away others it might take months or years. i dont think there is any date by date rule you can set for how to express love.

if you are truely expressing love and not lust then you're expressing God and thats good

You need to look at every date as a potential mate. Make sure he is a real born-again Christian, not just someone that says he is to gain your favor. Having said that, after 3 or 4 dates you'll know if it's ok to hold hands.

I think the thing to ask yourself is what tempts you some are easily tempted others not.

If you are tempted to do things that you know you shouldn't don't do it however if you are not easily tempted then I don't see any harm in it :)

Rick

My advice is to not do anything that might make you fall into temptation. Hold Jesus' hand and run away from sin. The best thing to do to keep from sinning is not to be in a place where sin can most likely be present in the first place. The best rule to go by is to never be alone with a boy/girl. Always be around people, that way it is less likely for sin to happen. Keep in mind that God is strict and God is strict because He loves us.

God Bless

I agree with Cody because sometimes one thing shall lead to another, and that may end up dragging you into the misleading hands of sin.

i personally think holding hands is fine. i hold hands with my friends let alone the ppl i dated. i held hands of my fiances on our first date. there is no way a holding hand can lead to things if the ppl have self control and dont let it go further. God gives us self control to use it not for it to sit on a shelf and be useless

The best rule to go by is to never be alone with a boy/girl. Always be around people, that way it is less likely for sin to happen.

While this makes sense for the first few dates but having alone time as a couple is a very important thing. Once you trust your boyfriend and you know hes not in it for one thing (like so many fools are) and you trust yourself theres no reason why you shouln't be alone together. Some of the best times I had with my ex were when we were just sat on the couch together watching CSI or Farscape enjoying eachother's company.

Holding hands is in my opinion harmless; I think it's a sign of trust and attachment, not lust.

ive never gone out, but i was wonderin, that is it right in the beginin' of a relationship to hold hands? some of my friends say its ok while others say its not, i happen to think its a lil forward, but i wanted to know what others thought..

I don't think theres anything really wrong with it. My boyfriend and I didn't even hold hands till like 2 or 3 months in. But, I don't think its real bad in the beginning, either.

Back