Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

How to deal with lires,any help

aqpgirl86

I am finding a new church there is alot of lying going in there,but how can a person deal with someone whos gets up and lies to the whole church?.and do things that are not of god.please help me.

I hear your heart....and pray you will be blessed

Love believes all things, hopes all things. —1 Corinthians 13:7

It was 40 years ago or more that I observed a friend of mine showing great affection for someone I considered unworthy of love. I thought my friend was being taken in, and I was afraid he would be disillusioned and saddened in the end.

When I expressed my concern, he replied, “When I stand before my Lord, I hope He’ll say of me that I’ve loved too many, rather than too few.” I’ve never forgotten his words.

Paul insists that “[love] believes all things” (1 Cor. 13:7).

Love “believes” in people. It can see the potential in them. It believes that God can take the most unattractive and unworthy individual and turn that person into a masterpiece of beauty and grace. If love errs, it must err in the way of trustfulness and hopefulness.

Certainly, we must be aware of danger when we see it coming, and become “as wise as serpents” (Matt. 10:16). Tough love may be the best response to irresponsible and foolish people, but we can be too guarded, too wary and distrustful.

It doesn’t do us any real harm to be hoodwinked and defrauded now and then Matt. 5 :38-48. It’s better to believe in someone and have your heart broken than to have no heart at all.

British poet Alfred Tennyson wrote, “’Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” I agree.

Lord, help us to believe in people
And all that in them You can do,
So we can say we’ve loved too many,
Rather than too few.

Love looks beyond what people are to what they can become.

I have struggles also............but there will be an answer .....bye and bye

In His Love

if this man is supposed to be your brother then your duty is clear. first you approach them. if they will not repent then you go to the elders. beyond that it must be brought before the local body for them to adjudicate in. if at any time this person repents he must be restored, if not then he must be disfellowshipped.

i am in agreement with the moderator, though, in all things--Love. it is the goodness of God that brings men to repentance. may Father give you of His boundless wisdom in dealing with this issue. and do not let it affect your faith.

Knowing that a brother or sister is doing wrong can indeed be heart breaking and many of us try to not get involved, but the bible does tell of confronting them and if that doesn't work then having someone go with you to confront them. Then we are to take them before the church. I also know that Jesus said that ye who have never sinned before cast the first stone. So my advise is to pray for God's guidance and he will give you peace about what you are to do.

You have been given Godly scriptural advice aqpgirl86, but to save yourself embarrassment and making yourself a partner in someone elses wrong doing, be very sure first that what you 'think' you know, is based on facts, and not on someone elses hearsay or gossip about the person you are concerned about.

Mat 18:15 "If your brother sins against you, go to him and show him his fault. But do it privately, just between yourselves. If he listens to you, you have won your brother back.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not listen to you, take one or two other persons with you, so that 'every accusation may be upheld by the testimony of two or more witnesses,' as the scripture says.
Mat 18:17 And if he will not listen to them, then tell the whole thing to the church. Finally, if he will not listen to the church, treat him as though he were a pagan

Back