Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I Did Something Bad!!

journalgirl

Okay...so I did something REALLY REALLY bad...almost a year ago and although I am terrible sorry I did it..I can't seem to forgive myself. And you know that saying " how is someone else supposed to forgive you if you can't forgive yourself?"...well, I was wondering if yall thing GOD has forgiven me for it..even though I can't seem to forgive myself..

Sister the Lord will always forgive as long as you pray and ask for His forgiveness and you mean it.
We are human at the end of the day all make mistakes they are there to learn from so please dont worry.
God Bless

Okay...so I did something REALLY REALLY bad...almost a year ago and although I am terrible sorry I did it..I can't seem to forgive myself. And you know that saying " how is someone else supposed to forgive you if you can't forgive yourself?"...well, I was wondering if yall thing GOD has forgiven me for it..even though I can't seem to forgive myself..

Dear Sister journalgirl, for starters....

in case some one is hurt by your action its good to humble your heart, go to that person and ask for forgiveness.

Mathew 5:23-24
23 “So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you,
24 leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.

But then …

It has been 1 year, the minute you asked forgiveness through Christ Jesus, God has forgiven you. The formula is

Blood of Jesus Christ = Forgiveness of Sin

… not

Time + Blood of Jesus Christ = Forgiveness

Romans 8:1-2
1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life–giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

Ephesians 1:7
In Him we have redemption (deliverance and salvation) through His blood, the remission (forgiveness) of our offenses (shortcomings and trespasses), in accordance with the riches and the generosity of His gracious favor,

Hebrews 10:18
Now where there is absolute remission (forgiveness and cancellation of the penalty) of these [sins and lawbreaking], there is no longer any offering made to atone for sin.

may you have peace today

abigya

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear Sister,

There is no sin so great that cannot be forgiven. God is very merciful and loving. He cares for you and He will surely forgive you. We all deserve to go to hell, but it is by the Grace of our Lord God almighty that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to come and die for our sins.

Just ask Jesus forgiveness, He will surely forgive you.

God bless you.

hi same here sister!!!!! ive made a mistake today!!!! like im guilty of what ive done !! i dd'nt promise him bout it but my word is firm during at the time i spoke it to him!!! i dont know if he will also forgives me ! or maybe this is he's way for me to discover more!!! but still guilty with it!and for the rest its just me and him who knows.......

Just remember brothers and sister, if we humbly ask for God's forgivness with a humble heart, He is just to forgive us. Just remember the devil wants to steal your joy and tell you that your not worthy, not forgiven, this is a lie straight from hell itself. Don't let the evil one steal your joy, remember the God you serve is bigger than anything the devil can throw at you.

IN Christ,

NC

I don't know where you found that saying you referred to. It certainly isn't in the Scriptures. All the Scripture citations you've been given are true and valid. As I see it, you don't know the awesome power of God's Word. I strongly advise you to study Ephesians 6:10-18, and I emphasize the word "study" because it is important that you study these verses to get a handle on their message.

Apparently, you don't have much defense against the devil's guilt trips. Its been my experience that he is like a nasty little kid pressing the control panel buttons in an elevator car - he'll have you going up-and-down, up-and-down, up -and-down ad infinitum until you take action to stop him.

Jesus showed us how to stop the devil when Satan tested Him in the desert (see Mt. 4:1-11; Lk 4:1-13): He defeated him using Scripture verses (what I call Bible Bullets).Look up New Testament verses on the subject of forgiveness and decide to believe them, which is another way of saying have faith in them. Then, when the enemy tries to tell you that you are an unforgiven low-life you'll have ammo to fire back at him.

SLE

Last edited:
Back