Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

1. Prayer Requests

New Community Design

Thinking about doing a refresh design for Talk Jesus community here, possibly using a different software platform as well to replace the current. It'll still remain a "forum" software nonetheless. Please vote at this poll and share your feedback.

View Poll

Dismiss Notice
  2. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Dismiss Notice
  3. Prayer Requests

Facing Our Loneliness

Everyone has lonely moments in life, but when loneliness begins to define our lives, it causes serious problems. We compromise our principles to try to fill the emotional emptiness. We choose behavior that harms our health, relationships, and finances. The consequences can be devastating. Learn how God desires to fulfill every longing you have for meaningful connection.

View This Discussion

Dismiss Notice

I fear Trans-humanism and living forever as a "avatar"!

Discussion in 'Evidence & Prophecy' started by theokayman1, Jul 13, 2017.

?

Will they succeed in putting your consciousnesses in a robot body?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2017.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Random Thread
  1. Ray Kurzweil and Dmitry Itskov from 2045 Initiative wants to end death completely and wants humanity to live forever in a "avator" by 2045 and it's becoming a midstream now. This is not a joke and they are completely serious about this. I for one believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. But I can not bare to live inside an avator for eternity.

Ray Kurzweil is a very smart man no doubt about it, but I in fear transhumanism will become a reality by a quarter of a century from now, and I hope he's wrong about the singularity and transhumanism.

They even think they can one day transfer your soul and consisouness to an avator from the human body one day.

Also some people aim to bring back the dead.

Technology is improving at an alarming rate and we will never know what they will be capable of in the future. Hopefully the second coming of Christ is coming to stop all this.

Would transhumanism defeat death, if so, you can still choose to die and go to heaven with Jesus right? I for one would hate to be forced to be in an avator one day. I would still choose to die even though they invent the technology for immortality.

Would that defeat the purpose of living for Christ and going to Heaven?

They already created a robot that looks exactly like a human.

Let me know if you guys think about all of this. When they invent the technology to live forever in avatars I will still choose to stay in by biological body and die and go the heaven.

And finally, let me say I must respect those who want to live in a avatar, but they can not force me to give up my human body for an avatar. I want to one day die as a human and be able to be with the Lord Jesus in heaven one day, and i prey to Jesus trans-humanists will respect my wish.

2. I doubt God will let it get that far at least with us Christians

3. Well even robots will wear out eventually, cos don't they still need humans to repair them. I don't think it will happen, when you look at technology it becomes obsolete real quickly and it still requires maintainence.

Anyway as a christian, don't worry about the future, today has enough worries of its own, also we aren't given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

If you that worried just take it up to God and see what he says. I mean angels vs demons, I think angels are going to win! There's way more angels than demons.

4. @theokayman1

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt 10:28

Simply stay always on the Lord's side, and you will not lose a battle for God never loses any battles.

Jesus_is_LORD likes this.