Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I feel like I keep blowing it with God. What can I

Zulu

Until about age 25, we grow physically. After that, we start to die. Fortunately, it usually takes another 50 to 60 years to complete the dying process!

Our spiritual life goes through a living-and-dying process, too. It either grows or it gradually dies. It can’t remain at the same level.

When you recognize that you’ve messed up, you’re already at the beginning stage of spiritual growth.

The second stage is discovering what caused you to 'die' spiritually. God confronted his people continually about this. Speaking through Ezekiel, he showed them that idols had taken God’s place in their hearts (see Ezekiel 14:1-11).

Is there an 'idol' (sports or other leisure activities, a relationship, money and possessions) in your life—something you love more than God? If so, are you willing to give up the idol and be straight with God? (see 1 John 1:9).

The third stage is the one that many Christians forget—finding someone to hold us accountable. You need someone to encourage you, to ask tough questions, to kick you in the pants when you need it, and to pray for you. This could be a friend who has a real desire to grow spiritually. It could be a Christian adult whom you like and respect—or anyone who is genuinely concerned for you and won’t give up on you. Need a friend like that? Just ask God to supply one.

Last edited:
Hey Man WELL spoken indeed, I've an accountability partner and I'm only 18 so hey I guess I want to be straight off the line with God from the start to end. : > as for the idols thanks for that I'll have to take a hard think about that and find out if I do or dont' have idols above God, it used to be Pc games but now not, I think, no I will go away and think hard about this one, thank's for sharing. : >

Love Abraxix

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guy thank you alot you have hit the nail on the head and i am so blessed by that message becuase i have been feeling like that lately thanks alot and God bless you i am really touched by that.

The Lord Our God is the one who take the Glory. Keep your eyes on Jesus and you will be blessed more than you can imagine.

Thank you brother I have looked quickly at the link you provided and bookmarked it for later reference. It seems to be informative and that is what one needs, to be informed about our Creator.

Back