Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I live in the Kingdom

slugger165

Set the Church on fire
throw a righteous man in
they said if you
love the Lord it's
time to die for him
So you gotta choose
What your gonna do
He said "my body might burn,
but i'll pray Gods mercy on you."

Cause I....I live in the kingdom
yeah I....I live in the kingdom

A holy saint of God
Stands at the end of a gun
The soldiers say just walk away
And this will all be done
He says, "I won't deny my God,
I'm not afraid of your chains,
for me to live is Christ
And for me to die is gain."

Yeah I....I live in the kingdom

A mother prays for her little boy
Stolen from her arms
She says, "Dear father above
don't let his heart come to any harm."

I heard a million martyrs
Sing out brave and true
The light of Jesus Christ
Has saved our souls and we
Pray it shines on you
Through the chains of slavery
And in bloody prison cells
Faith was the food that fed our
Souls and got us through this
Hell!

Becuase We....We live in the kingdom
Yeah We....We live in the kingdom
We live in the kingdom
LIVE IN THE KINGDOM!

We need to be like these people in this song. No matter what they are faithful to God. We get all upset at God because maybe we dont have enough money. These people have nothing, and they get abused for it. We have the world and yet...we still dont go and preach to others. We need to.

By:Slugger165

Way awesome bro! I really enjoyed that. Exact same feelings here. Have you heard of the books "Jesus Freaks"? Written by DC talk. They have a ton of stories in them about martyrs.

The verse pops into my head here: "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what's behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 13-14

We all need to do that, focus on the unseen, not the seen. Our prize is awaiting us in heaven- AMEN! Our citizenship is in heaven..... we're just here, on base waiting for God to call us back home!

History

Hey I love writing this song and thank you everyone who has responded to it.
your awsome friend who cares so much for all of you. lol.
<Sluggy><

Yes, Slugger,your poem is one of those that when you read it, you live through it. I lived through this words while I was reading...or better said, whisspered the verses. I love reading poems, in specially Christian poems, because I can reach feelings I've never known before. I don't know how many people consider that crying is beautiful...maybe you'll think I'm crazy, but I do believe that every tear fallen for love is more precious that thousands of diamonds and crying, you can become a human.I have some poems, songs or Bible verses that impress me so much that make me cry.And this is just because I live and feel what I'm reading.
Keep writing!

God bless
Christina

slugger165, that was really cool, do you have music to it yet, would love to hear it.

Hello there slugger, beautiful song. I would love to hear the music to it, not only that but you singing it as jiggyfly has said. May God bless you greatly and keep your talent running.
ur sis Tanya

slugger165 said:
Set the Church on fire
throw a righteous man in
they said if you
love the Lord it's
time to die for him
So you gotta choose
What your gonna do
He said "my body might burn,
but i'll pray Gods mercy on you."

yeah I....I live in the kingdom

A holy saint of God
Stands at the end of a gun
The soldiers say just walk away
And this will all be done
He says, "I won't deny my God,
I'm not afraid of your chains,
for me to live is Christ
And for me to die is gain."

Yeah I....I live in the kingdom

A mother prays for her little boy
Stolen from her arms
She says, "Dear father above
don't let his heart come to any harm."

I heard a million martyrs
Sing out brave and true
The light of Jesus Christ
Has saved our souls and we
Pray it shines on you
Through the chains of slavery
And in bloody prison cells
Faith was the food that fed our
Souls and got us through this
Hell!

Becuase We....We live in the kingdom
Yeah We....We live in the kingdom
We live in the kingdom
LIVE IN THE KINGDOM!

We need to be like these people in this song. No matter what they are faithful to God. We get all upset at God because maybe we dont have enough money. These people have nothing, and they get abused for it. We have the world and yet...we still dont go and preach to others. We need to.

By:Slugger165

INSPIRED! Amen Slugger!

Wow!

Well Ill try again!I wrote a reply and it didnt take!Anyways what I said was yes,we murmur and complain about the smallest things!Ive thought about dieing for Him,would I?Absolutely YES!Ive almost been hospitalized for my faith!Family thinks "Im too religious"!Its not about religion,its about LOVE!The Greatest Love of All!And Ill shout it from any mountain if he wants me too!Thats why Im going to the Nations,to preach of His Love and to bring the Greatest Love Story to a dieing and hurting world!Well,God Bless you!Love,Sister!

I loved this poem. I think it would make a great song.

I was just thinking (I know that can be dangerous) but we all like peter say we would die for Jesus, my question is are we living for Him?

Back