Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

I Want a New Soul!

Ncdataman

In this very strange world...
Every possible mistake
Possible mistake
Every possible mistake
Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes...

Are these words familiar to you? They're from Yael Naim's hit song/video called New Soul. Here's the rest of the tune:

I'm a new soul.
I came to this strange world,
Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take.
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear,
Finding myself making every possible mistake.

See, I'm a young soul in this very strange world,
Hoping I could learn a bit ‘bout what is true and fake.
But why all this hate? Try to communicate,
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make.

This is a happy end,
Cause you don't understand.
Everything you have done,
Why's everything so wrong?

This is a happy end,
Come and give me your hand,
I'll take you far away.

I'm a new soul,
I came to this strange world.
Hoping I could learn a bit ‘bout how to give and take.
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear,
Finding myself making every possible mistake.

It seems to me that there might be quite a few folks out there who wake up every day and wish they could try on a ‘new soul' and have all their mistakes wiped away forever. Is that you?

But that's not the way it works…right? People we hurt and offend often save our faults and blunders in a mental file that they double click and open whenever we get inside their space.

Or at other times they act like nothing is wrong - ‘act' I mean, because the smiles and ‘how's it going?' questions really mean seething anger and ‘can I please smack you upside the head?'

Either way, the pain and regret of our mistakes haunts us like a ghost that refuses to pass on to the next world.

I was thinking when I first heard this song that the desire to be forgiven for our mistakes is something that dwells in everyone who has ever made a mistake.

And that would be…everyone.

I think that's why religions were invented. Maybe I can pray enough, act good enough, give enough, and wish enough to earn a new soul and wipe my guilt stained slate clean.

Sorry, but that's like spreading white icing all over a burnt cake. It looks good on the outside - but inside the same basic problem exists.

So here's bad news about getting a new soul…religion doesn't work, denial doesn't work, and working on it doesn't work.

But there's good news in the midst of all this guilt and shame over our mistakes…

The work has already been done! This is the plain and simple truth from the God we ultimately offended in the first place. Let these words sink into the murky depths of pain and regret that flood your soul:

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong (1 John 1:9).

There are 23 straightforward words in this verse, but there are hundreds of implications. This verse is a promise to anyone who has trusted Christ as his/her only hope of salvation, because at the moment of salvation, our sin and guilt and shame were completely erased from the horizon of reality.

But what about the mistakes? Yep, we make them, we hurt, and we offend, but since the price for them has already been paid, we have an amazing option to go before God and confess (which means we agree with God that what we did was wrong), and He promises to forgive us (which means to completely send away the guilt), and cleanse us completely (which means to purify our souls).

Does this mean we don't need to say we're sorry? Absolutely not! Jesus also tells us this:

If you enter your place of worship and, about to make an offering, you suddenly remember a grudge a friend has against you, abandon your offering, leave immediately, go to this friend and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God (Matthew 5:24).

Jesus instructs us to not even go to church and worship Him if we know people are ticked off at us and we haven't tried to make things right! I'm thinking if Christians truly lived this way, church attendance might hit an all-time low.

So if you've been bothered lately by all the mistakes you've made, take them to God - tell Him that you know you've done wrong - then trust that your sins have been buried in the deepest ocean.

But don't stop there…if you are holding a grudge or know someone who has a grudge against you, remember this advice:

But why all this hate? try to communicate
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make…

But you can find it through a relationship with Jesus Christ!

What you need to know about this truth

Our past mistakes are completely forgiven when we go to God and agree with Him that we sinned.

What you need to feel about this truth
Our hearts should overflow with gratitude to God for the incredible gift of grace, mercy and forgiveness that he has extended to us through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.

What you need to do about this truth

Take some time to get alone and list out the mistakes that seem to haunt you. Confess each one to God, then crumple up the paper and throw it in the trash - reminding you that you are completely forgiven and cleansed. After that, think about whether you are holding a grudge, or if someone is holding a grudge against you - and make things right.

reprinted from daretoshare ministries.

Great post brother, cheers for sharing

God Bless and Much Love xoxoxoxoxoxo

Back