Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Is There A Godly Man For Me?

michelledan

I've settled, been hurt, through a divorce, endured trials...have finally got to the point in my life where I won't settle for less anymore, yet I think I'm humble enough to have reasonable expections of a spouse, but I'm really struggling with feeling like I'm not worthy of a godly man. Then I say, "perhaps God wants me single, so I'll focus on Him more." If that's the case, why won't He take this strong desire to have a lifelong companionship/husband away from me! People say I'm attractive, I'm a good woman, and my faith lifts them up.Then why can't I find a godly man? I'm getting angry over this. From the time I was 16 yrs old, that's all I ever wanted...was a husband. I don't want money. I've had it. It doesn't buy happiness. Happiness only comes from the Lord. I just want a husband, and perhaps someone who will love my son. I'm reading Job right now. In a lot of ways I feel like Job. I've lost a lot, but my relationship with God has only gotten stronger. I'm just really wish if God won't answer this prayer, that He'd take the desire away.

Dear Sister michelledan, there is season for everything, God's timing is the best, wait for the appointed time.

Ecclesiastes 3
1 ¶ To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away;
7 A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.

Habakkuk 2:3
For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.

1Corintians7:34The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

maybe God just wants you to focus on Him first... afterall, you know ur even blessed because u have felt to be really loved by someone, I however had never had anyone cared specially for me...not even dated or court, sometimes when it hits me, i feel really sad and pity myself... like what is wrong with me. but anyway I keep falling into realizing maybe "God wants me for himself"... someone would just be the PLUS. lolz...

Isaiah 54 verse 5, for your maker is your husband the lord almighty is Hes name. The holy one of Israel is your redeemer he is called the God of all the earth, im divorced and found this verse a great comfort the whole chapter is

Isaiah 54 verse 5, for your maker is your husband the lord almighty is Hes name. The holy one of Israel is your redeemer he is called the God of all the earth, im divorced and found this verse a great comfort the whole chapter is

Thank you Nan. I really appreciate that verse. I need all the support I can get right now.

i agree with Truehearts and nan10, may i also suggest you read this thread

WOW! I've been saying that for so long now...that I am going to use this time to prepare myself for my future husband, focus on God, and enjoy that my singleness allows to better serve Him, but somewhere along the way, I got lonely, and I lost hope. Thank you sooo much for sharing this with me. Through you, God has restored my hope. I thank God for you sharing that thread with me. I'm going to hang on to that one. :embarasse

Back