Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

It's not what you might think.

Truthsayer

Soulmates do exist, but it is not what you might think. Your soulmate is not the person who you meet in life, fall madly in love with, marry and live happily ever after with. Usually it is quite the opposite. Your soulmate was created with you. He/she is the only soul who knows and truly loves you. He/she is your witness outside of God.

True soulmates only appear in life together when they have something to teach each other, and the lesson is usually a difficult one. "Tough love" better describes this relationship. When soulmates work together in life, they can move mountains. If they fall into adversity, which often happens when they appear as man and woman, true love may be lost in this lifetime. They end up hating each other on the surface, yet they cannot deny the deeper bond in love they have. "They love to hate each other", pretty much. Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor were soulmates. They couldn't live together, yet they couldn't live apart. Theirs was a tragic love story.

Soulmates can make or break each other. Usually, they appear in life together as identical twins. In this relationship they normally work together in harmony to produce profound results. (Mary-Kate, Ashley Olsen), (Robin and Maurice Gibb, of the Bee Gees).

I had a dream about my soulmate and met him a year later. The dream was a scary one. He was very upset with me and was pursuing me in anger. I grew afraid and was running from him. He cornered me in a small room. My back was against a wall. He towered over me and the look on his face was one of the utmost hatred. I was so afraid, I had no idea what he planned to do with me. Then, out of the blue, the look on his face transformed into one of very intense love. It was amazing! I felt all of my fear subside and the void filled with the same emotion. At this point I woke up. I may never know how the story will end.
He married someone else two years after I met him. That was 15 years ago. I don't mind though. As far as I'm concerned she can have him! He put me through hell and back over the past 15 years with his controlling attitude. His communications with me were very discreet and nearly drove me out of my mind. I think this lesson has to do with overcoming fear, but he isn't doing me any favors. The thing is, I can't stop thinking about him and wonder "What if?" every day.

I recognised his voice when I first heard it over the radio, (His line of occupation), before I even met him. I got a sense of deja vu when I was 18 years old and first heard of the opening of this radio station that would soon become his "Home".

One thing I can say about this relationship. He taught me, through music, to better understand myself and also to be a stronger, more independent person. Facing these truths were almost fatal, but I survived.

It is possible for you to meet your soulmate in life, but unless you are identical twins working together, prepare yourself for a very rough ride. "Tough love" is the best love, although it seems like the worst.

I am finding it hard to relate it with the word of God Sister. Could you provide bible reference.

Bless you

Last edited:
I prefer the truth of the Word of God.
I knelt and prayed, God sent my bride of now 30+ years to me. She is just what I needed and God knew best. She is my great love and a real strength as she always points me straight to Christ. We are so close we are like two legs on the same body. God knew what He was talking about when He said:

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Truthsayer I can understand where you're coming from. I met my ex several years ago and we were together for for about four. We were a match made in hell rather than heaven we put each other through much but we loved eachother I do still love her and I did feel we were soulmates now we are nolonger together which is probably for the best but just because I felt that we were soulmates does'nt mean that we were and obviuosly that is'nt what the Lord had in store for me and I can't say that she was my soulmate becuase my life is'nt over yet and whose to say whats down the road in relationships people come and people go but if we continue to keep our eyes on the past we will miss whats ahead you might think that that person was your soulmate but you could meet someone down the road who is far more than you could imagine the Lord is not done yet He will provide that person who He feels is best. The future is still yet to come. Godbless you.

Not to be morbid but what if this soul mate has left earth early? Does the other soul mate suffer?

:giggle:...........................................nicely said CFC

These two did not follow His design concerning their relationship.
Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor were soulmates.
In the words of Frank S... They did it their way.. (the worlds way)

"He has not given us a Spirit of fear, but of peace, self control..."
He towered over me and the look on his face was one of the utmost hatred. I was so afraid..
Sounds like the wrong guy..

Become the person you want to be..
Pray for the leading of the HS, exercise patience..
you'll attract the one who's looking for you. ; )
This was my experience.

LoJ

Sure. If ones soul mate (or spouse by my interpretation) dies then that person surely grieves.

I completely agree. But that's if they are your spouse. But what if you never knew or met this "soul mate"? Would you grieve for something you never knew?

Back