Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Looking for teaching activities

Janette

Hi all,

I'm looking for some quick simple activities or examples that people have seen (or done) in Sunday School for the 6-10 age range.

For example, I saw a lady bring baloons to a Bible Class. She explained how listening too closely to other people's philosophies/religions could be like being filled full of air. It *seems* to fill you up when you hear it (she blew up the baloon and tied it), but the stuff you are filled with isn't of the Word of God...(she dropped the balooon which fell to the floor), so it's not really all that good for the soul.

But if you listen to the *Lord* and study His Word (she filled a baloon from a small helium tank and tied it), then what fills you doesn't just "fill" but uplifts (she released the baloon to the ceiling) because it is true and good and what God meant for us to learn.

---

So...if anyone has any other little exercises/examples like that - kindly post them :)

God Bless,

Janette

Janette,

Greetings.

Just a little thought....

I really like flowers and trees....birds and bees...seeds, pods, fruits... all things bright and beautiful.
Our children never tire of being told of all the minute details of God's handiwork. I have found that there is a never ending limit to the messages that can be shared with youngsters when sharing beautiful specimens from his creation.
And....it's fun!

Hope this helps.

May you have deep and fulfilling Joy as you serve the Lord with His tender ones.

Bless you,

Br. Bear

Back