Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Love Looks Beyond

Love Looks Beyond

by Ruth Bell Graham

look at me and see my flaws;
I look at you and see flaws, too.
Those who love know love deserves
a second glance; each failure serves
another chance. Love looks to see,
beyond the scars and flaws, the cause;
and scars become an honorable badge
of battles fought and won—or lost—
but fought! The product, not the cost,
is what love sought.

God help us see beyond the now
to the before, and note with tenderness
what lies between—and love the more!

On "How I met your mother", they said : "The one is the girl who sees the dork inside you, and still want you forever." Isn't it true!?

great poem because we both know no one is perfect yet true love endures all small flaws without breaking up.

i think we should never compare someone to our exs or idolize someone and put them on a pedastool as if they are perfect. then that wouldnt be love but just infatuation.

if i ever fall in love one day i want to be able to see my gf/wife for who she is and love her for her flaws as well since i have my own flaws and bad habits. and if its true love i would do anything for her

the one girl for me is the one whos knows the worst parts of me and yet forgives me and supports me with a devoted walk with Christ together- Derek

Faith is the substance.....

Family of the Beloved Lord,
When we have put on the Spiritual, the eyes of our hearts should change as well. In the past, the world "trained" us to look more at the outward and to seek a partner that others would find desirable as well. How many brothers and sisters are praying for other single believers to partner with that are willing to look beyond their exterior and love them for their inner beauty in Christ. Partners that have trusted in God to give them the soulmate that would love them unconditionally as well. Believe in the power of prayer and watch God amaze you by His choice!
Single Sisters and Brothers, be encouraged! The scriptures say that if you delight yourself in the Lord, He WILL give you the desires of your heart. But, when you truely live in His delight, you will find that you no longer accept the world's standard of what it considers to be beautiful nor what it labels as "flawed." For our hope is in letting the one who sees the inner-hearts of all to direct us to the ones whose hearts are full of love for Him.
Trust and have faith in Him. Disappointing you in this area is not on God's "To Do" list! =O)
Whendancer

Last edited:
Back