Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

my knight in shining armor

setapart17

well, this is kinda weird thing to post but i just wanted to post how i felt and what i want.

Dating a non-christain was the worst thing that could ever happen to me. I was depressed lonely and always tempted to break the promise of being pure for my future husban(i never did though offcourse), but now that i am striving to be more christ like i find it even harder to not concentrate on that. I mean i know its not wrong to want that earthly love story like pride and prejuduce but im trying so hard to concentrate on loving god first in my life and trusting him to give me that person. Im pretty young but its still something i desire. I want to be with someone that i can never run out of things to say to him, that there will never be any awkard pauses. I think him being attractive on the outside is like a plus. i want him to be attractive on the inside. i want him to have an amazing love for god or at least striving in that direction. I want him to be a friend, someone i could just hang out with and feel zero weirdness. i know that if i keep my eyes on the lord that i will get that knight in shining armor and the more i love christ the more eqquipped ill be to love this mystery man. I cant wait to one day find him, i still have a broken heart and im trying to get rid of it. i know if i wait on god he will be the most beautiful man in the world, and he'll be perfectly made for me :embarasse

Last edited:
You know, as I live day by day thinking about when i'll meet my princess. I can see how God shows me things and often times I get reminded and say "oh, wouldn't the outcome be different if I had a different mindset"
Stay in faith sis, just as I am! I believe the Lord will not with-hold anything good from us.
Over and over again, patience can really bring irreplaceable blessings. =)

Last edited:
thanks so much im just going to trust him in that area and every other area of my life
godbless you :)

Dating websites

heya setapart17, I hear your cry, and I can sympathize, it's difficult to find someone who will make your world complete. I don't know if you've tried this or not, but there are dating websites that you can try, one is catholicmatch.com, you can register for free and it should be a good start on your journey of finding that Knight of yours. Good Luck

I'm sorry that you had to go through dating a non-Christian. I've been there and I know it's the dumps. A friend once told me it's like one person standing on a chair while the other is standing on the ground holding hands - it's a lot harder to pull that person up than it is for them to pull you down. I broke up with my ex almost 2 years ago and I have another 9 months to go before I leave the muslim country I am currently living in so I know it will be awhile before I start dating anyone again. Here is what helps me get through bouts of loneliness and/or impatience:
I make a playlist of my favorite Christian music, read the bible and/or listen to a sermon podcast off of iTunes. It really helps me put things into perspective. After doing that I know that I want God's will to be done first and foremost and that means I may never find who I am looking for (it's not a guarantee the bible gives us) but that if I have Him first in my life that it will be all I really need.

I know it's hard but like you said it's good for us to have some patience and I'll pray for you to have a speedy recovery from your heatbreak.

thanks

thanks so much
i know god does not promise that to everyone but i really just want to come to the place where he is enough for me!

thanks

thanks and no i havent tried any dating websites
im a little skepitcal but thanks anyway

thanks and no i havent tried any dating websites
im a little skepitcal but thanks anyway

I had to smile at your comments here about dating sites. I am generally the same way but did find a good one where I've found some really true believers (men and women who are now friends but haven't found a date yet....... lol)

The thing I did was to be blunt and upfront in my profile which means I get very very very very little correspondence from anyone...... lol. I'm thinkin I probably scare them all away .......

That's ok though cause I gain a greater batch of friends along the way.

Back