Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

My son.

Fisherman

Hey there.

Last night, a friend of mine asked me about my son, and he mentioned his website. I didn't know that my son had a website until now.

I found it out, and it startled me in a variety of different ways. I don't know how to think of it. I didn't know that he had a camera or that he wrote so often that he does. He's a good and obedient boy, but some of his work is rather daft in my own opinion.

I'm aware now that I can't post links to sites, but could this be a quick exception?

Could any of you help me on how I could approach him on this?

THanks.

w

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry I had to remove the website name.

My advice, you need to pray before you confront him. Before you ask questions about the site. Just talk to him man to man, ask him how life is treating him.

I sense he's very creative, and his art depic alot of emotion. There is a certain reaction that he's trying to get from an audience. I'm sure I felt the same way you did ( a bit concerned ) but then we have others who apreciates this kind of expression.

I need to pray on this, but you need to talk to your son personally before you bring up his site. Something is not right, Its dark and full of pain. There's alot of Hate, alot of hate.

Last edited:
Father I have to praise you, and lift your name on high.
Cleanse my mind, give me pure thoughts.

Father I pray for the creator of that site, Lord you are not to be mocked. Your word is truth and we are your people. Bless him with love right now, fill his space with love,joy and peace. There is none like you.

Father let the joy of your salvation fill him right now.

Bless those who visit that site, break down the walls of pain and confusion. Remove the blindfolds so they can see your glory.

Lord you are worthy. I speak life on him and everyone that created that site.
I speak peace to them.

Re: My Son

Fisherman,

From what Rizen1 said in her post and you said in your post, I'm thinking that your son is exhibiting major passive-aggressive behavior. Passive-aggressives work hard to keep things calm on the outside, probably because they don't know how to vent anger in healthy ways , or they fear the consequences that would befall them if they did express the anger directly. But, their anger leaks out in other ways.

I think Rizen1 gave you good advice on how to handle the issue in the beginning. But, you'd best be prepared to seek professional Christian counseling as this process develops. And you need to be prepared to be shocked by the revelations that come if and when your son opens up.I say this from experience as my late son exhibited passive-aggressive behavior during his teens.

Also, I think you need to avoid mentioning the name of the friend who tipped you off about the website. That person took a risk in telling you about it.

SLE

Last edited:
Back