• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

My Unemployment Experience

Loyal
Being in the construction industry most of my life, there was a time in which the economy took a down turn. I was laid off from the company I was working for, so I went home. I would usually go directly to the unemployment office to sign up for benefits. This time I did not do that, so I let couple days go by, and then my wife said, “Curtis, you better get down to the unemployment office and sign up”. I thought nay, I did not feel like I should, so I waited for the next day, and then I went. When I got there the line went out the door, I was not happy. The DMV, and unemployment office is a night mare, no matter what time you go. I got in line, and I noticed a very tall lady about 5 people in front of me in line, and she was wearing a very short mini skirt with net stockings, and long blond hair. She turned around to see how long the line had gotten behind her, and when I saw her face I could tell this lady has had very hard life, and it looked like she had a very hard night. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, “ I want you to go, and tell her about me”, I thought to myself, “I am not getting out of this line to talk to any body” Then I thought, “maybe I should do what the Lord is telling me to do”, so I made a deal with the Lord, I said, “ this is what I will do, I will stay in line, and when I am done, if that lady is still around I will talk to her about you” I was really hoping she would be gone out the door by then. The Lord did not say anything, so I guess we had a deal.

After I finished my business I looked around in the building and outside and did not see this lady anywhere. I thought , “oh well”, and started heading back to my car. As I got to the street, I saw a car parked next to the curb with the passenger door wide open. I looked inside and there was this lady. She was laying down in the front seat with her legs sticking out the door. I guess she had no where to go. I tapped on the roof of her car, and I said, “Excuse me mam, but, I think the Lord wants me to talk to you.” She sat up immediately and tears began to roll down her face. I thought, “Oops, I guess that was not the Lord talking to me” As I started to leave she said to me, “Wait..wait..and she started telling me about the night before. She said, “ I was in my motel room and I was very depressed. I was clicking through the TV channels with the remote, and I came across a preacher on TV, and the preacher said Jesus loves you” then this lady said to herself if Jesus really loves me, then send someone to me and tell me about you”

that was the night before. I was shocked, and surprised at her telling me this. So I open my mouth, and began to tell her about Jesus and how to get saved. I prayed with her to receive Jesus into her heart. Then I asked her “do you have a Bible”, she said no. I said, “ I think I have one in my car you can have, I'll be right back”. I found a Bible in my back seat, but what I did not know was that the night before a cat got into my car and peed all over this Bible, and it smelled really bad. I went back, and gave it to her, and told her I am so sorry for the smell, but it's the only Bible I have with me. She smiled and I noticed her faced had changed completely from 20 minutes earlier. The glory of God was shinning through her. She left, I left rejoicing knowing that If I had gone to the unemployment office a couple days sooner this would never had happened. Thank you Jesus for such a blessing. :)

LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare

Active
Being in the construction industry most of my life, there was a time in which the economy took a down turn. I was laid off from the company I was working for, so I went home. I would usually go directly to the unemployment office to sign up for benefits. This time I did not do that, so I let couple days go by, and then my wife said, “Curtis, you better get down to the unemployment office and sign up”. I thought nay, I did not feel like I should, so I waited for the next day, and then I went. When I got there the line went out the door, I was not happy. The DMV, and unemployment office is a night mare, no matter what time you go. I got in line, and I noticed a very tall lady about 5 people in front of me in line, and she was wearing a very short mini skirt with net stockings, and long blond hair. She turned around to see how long the line had gotten behind her, and when I saw her face I could tell this lady has had very hard life, and it looked like she had a very hard night. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, “ I want you to go, and tell her about me”, I thought to myself, “I am not getting out of this line to talk to any body” Then I thought, “maybe I should do what the Lord is telling me to do”, so I made a deal with the Lord, I said, “ this is what I will do, I will stay in line, and when I am done, if that lady is still around I will talk to her about you” I was really hoping she would be gone out the door by then. The Lord did not say anything, so I guess we had a deal.

After I finished my business I looked around in the building and outside and did not see this lady anywhere. I thought , “oh well”, and started heading back to my car. As I got to the street, I saw a car parked next to the curb with the passenger door wide open. I looked inside and there was this lady. She was laying down in the front seat with her legs sticking out the door. I guess she had no where to go. I tapped on the roof of her car, and I said, “Excuse me mam, but, I think the Lord wants me to talk to you.” She sat up immediately and tears began to roll down her face. I thought, “Oops, I guess that was not the Lord talking to me” As I started to leave she said to me, “Wait..wait..and she started telling me about the night before. She said, “ I was in my motel room and I was very depressed. I was clicking through the TV channels with the remote, and I came across a preacher on TV, and the preacher said Jesus loves you” then this lady said to herself if Jesus really loves me, then send someone to me and tell me about you”

that was the night before. I was shocked, and surprised at her telling me this. So I open my mouth, and began to tell her about Jesus and how to get saved. I prayed with her to receive Jesus into her heart. Then I asked her “do you have a Bible”, she said no. I said, “ I think I have one in my car you can have, I'll be right back”. I found a Bible in my back seat, but what I did not know was that the night before a cat got into my car and peed all over this Bible, and it smelled really bad. I went back, and gave it to her, and told her I am so sorry for the smell, but it's the only Bible I have with me. She smiled and I noticed her faced had changed completely from 20 minutes earlier. The glory of God was shinning through her. She left, I left rejoicing knowing that If I had gone to the unemployment office a couple days sooner this would never had happened. Thank you Jesus for such a blessing. :)

LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare

Thank you Curtis for that very encouraging testimony, of not only hearing the voice of our Lord, but obeying His call to witness to that lady. Bravo!!

Active
It seems a little reproof is needed from one follower of the Lord Jesus Christ to another. What came immediately to mind as you explained you didn't want to get out of line, but that you wanted to make a deal with the Lord to first be let to do something else (Luke 9:57-62) came to mind.

"And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:57-62)

These are three examples of people who wanted to take care of something first, then they would do what He says; as for Christ He gave His answer.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Loyal
It seems a little reproof is needed from one follower of the Lord Jesus Christ to another. What came immediately to mind as you explained you didn't want to get out of line, but that you wanted to make a deal with the Lord to first be let to do something else (Luke 9:57-62) came to mind.

"And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:57-62)

These are three examples of people who wanted to take care of something first, then they would do what He says; as for Christ He gave His answer.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Brother what you have failed to see in those scriptures is it does not tell us if these people actually went to do these things first, and then followed the Lord, you just assumed they did.

What about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane when he prayed to his Father "to let this cup pass from me, but not my will but your will be done?" Are you going to "reproof" Jesus for not exactly jumping up, and down for joy for wanting that maybe there could be another way to do his Father's will?

What about this scripture....

Mat 21:28 "What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work in the vineyard today.'
Mat 21:29 And he answered, 'I will not,' but afterward he changed his mind and went.
Mat 21:30 And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, 'I go, sir,' but did not go.
Mat 21:31 Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.

Sometimes doing the will of our Father is not exactly a fun thing to do. Jesus told Peter, "that when he was young he dressed himself and went anywhere he wanted, but when he gets old, someone else is going to dress him, and take him places he does not want to go.(John 21:18)" This is a perfect description of spiritual growth in a believer!!!

I did not have to add what I was thinking in this experience, but I did to show the human side of the how the Lord works with his children by his Spirit.

Active
Praise God for you and your testimony Curtis.

I noticed in your testimony the Lord wanted you to tell her about HIM, and that He loves her. He didn't say go RIGHT NOW.

We reason with ourself about right now or when; God's timing is perfect timing and always right on time. It is called Devine appointment. Amen

God bless this man, who has blessed more than one woman, but also blessed others by the Word of his testimony of Jesus Christ. Amen

Our testimonies are to be spoken forth, not hid away. Amen

Loyal
Praise God for you and your testimony Curtis.

I noticed in your testimony the Lord wanted you to tell her about HIM, and that He loves her. He didn't say go RIGHT NOW.

We reason with ourself about right now or when; God's timing is perfect timing and always right on time. It is called Devine appointment. Amen

God bless this man, who has blessed more than one woman, but also blessed others by the Word of his testimony of Jesus Christ. Amen

Our testimonies are to be spoken forth, not hid away. Amen
There is no doubt the Lord knew exactly what I was going to do before I did it, or he would not have told me to do it. :)

Man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

You are right sister, as I never thought about that before. You make a great point!! The Lord did not tell me when to go, just go.

Curtis, that was such an encouraging story for me.... thank you for sharing!! Yay God!

Active

The only issue that applies to us here is the 'looking back'. The rest of it cannot apply as Jesus standing in front of us requesting something > voices in our head. Then there is the issue of experience / a calling. The disciples had a calling different to any of ours. Sure we all have the general calling of spreading the good news in common. But some of us are better equipped, trained and prepared for different ministries. Where one might chew on the next step, another would jump. Same heart. Same mission. Different fields of expertise.