Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Need some advice

Navy0684

So I have been dating this girl for about a month. Right now I just really want to focus on God. I feel like he wants me to be single. I feel like this girl isn't the one. I know that if I break up with her it will crush her. She is going through a lot right now. Her parents are getting a divorce... What would you guys advise?

Well, she needs a friend right now more than anything else since she's going through so much. Can you explain that to her, that you wish to get her through this as a friend, but that you don't need to be in a relationship right now? This may be too difficult to do, but somehow you have to help her understand your feelings too. Pray about it, and we will be praying also. God has all the answers.

Navy, you should be honest with her, it is good that you care and want to be a friend. I have been in this situation before on both sides and I can assure you it is less painful for her if you are honest and not lead her on, if she cannot accept a friendship than you should always put God's leading first.
If she is hurting point her to the way which is Jesus, he is more than able to carry her through anything. Be careful and wise , pray and let God tell you what to do before your own feelings.

I am going through the same thing in a way with an ex, and he has a lot of depression, I care because I have God in me I want to help, but if this is toxic to my walk with God and my future than I choose God's leading and he says to back off.
I hope this helps
I am also happy that you have such an intimate relationship with God, he is going to take you places you cannot imagine.

Be blessed brother,
Cilla

Indeed I agree with what is said by cilla.
Be honest. That's the best you can do.
She'll get over it. If you guys stay close it will hurt even more!

Pray for her. Pray that God will give her what she needs. Pray that God may give you the courage to tell her what your intentions are and pray that you may continue focusing on what God wanted you to become.

Back