Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Not Alone....

servantman

Not alone….
One night I was walking alone on a deserted winding dirt road. The sky was cloudy so I could not see the moon or stars. It was gloomy to say the least. I thought how I wish I were not alone. I wish I had a girl beside me to hold my hand. The night cool air sent a chill up my spine. I thought wouldn’t it be nice to have a woman to put her arms around me and keep me warm. I stumbled and fell over a stick in the road. I got up and winced at the pain and grumbled at God. I said, “see; if I had a woman she would have been beside me to steady me so I would not have fallen”.
Then God said to me….

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for I have said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee
Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge? How thy garments are warm, when I quieteth the earth by the south wind?
My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
For I have made everything beautiful in my time.
(Hebrews 13:5KJV)(Job 37:16-17KJV) ( Proverbs 3:21-23KJV)(Ecclesiastes 3:11KJV)

Then I understood and peace and warmth flooded my soul. I wasn’t alone He was with me and I was in Love with Him. Safe and secure I was content to live my life with Him for He truly satisfies the depths of my soul. All was beautiful as I walked along with God…….Then……

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
(Genesis 2:18KJV)

Sean 2009

I am excited about meeting the woman God has created for me. I hope it's soon.

Loving Jesus is as natural as loving parents or children!

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
(Genesis 2:18 NKJV)

I sincerely doubt that a romantic relationship is always an antedote for loneliness. Many single people have co-dependency issues - depending on another person for one's sense of self worth - thus weakening relationships instead of strengthening them.

In my view, Genesis 2:18 does not support an argument for marriage in 21st century western civilization since co-dependecy didn't exist when Eve was formed out of one of Adam's ribs. Adam and Eve were the only two humans in existance at that time and they had an up close and personal relationship with God, a perfect threesome. It wasn't until they both ate of the apple that relationship problems began to appear.

SLE

That is very encouraging what you have said about your experience with God. I am glad you have Him and He is the best friend and the love forever you will have. I pray you keep getting closer and closer with God as well. Please pray for me also, I have a boyfriend and to be honest sometimes it's harder to be close to Him when you are in a relationship, not that it's an excuse not to be though. God loves you and in the right time, your Godly woman will come God willing. Remeber God first in all things!!!<3333Kate

This can be so controversial. I agree with Ed, that scripture can be manipulated to our desires. Do you have friends that you are close to and have a tight relationship with? Sometimes just being able to share deeply is what a heart longs after. What you posted though is very inspiring and I pray that you find a woman who will help you become closer to Him. That was a good point - that marriage, even boyfriend/girlfriend relationships, can become a distraction from our walk with Him.

That is the first thing and it does seem that you are seeking Him first. As you keep your eyes on Him, someday you may see His choice of woman for you right next to Him.

Back