• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Nothing but trouble

Christianity, faith and belief was nothing but trouble. I trusted the God of the Bible in my weakness, and ended up weaker. So weak in fact, my mind broke, and my life was left at the mercy of my own delusions.

Where is God, I searched with my whole heart and ended up more empty than I started. He was never around when I needed him to come through for me.

What else does someone have when the chips are down, my only help, my only love left me for dead.
"You can do nothing apart from me" was so ingrained, I almost died waiting (Well I can do nothing, right?)

Don't waste your time praying for me, if he's never answered my prayers, he'll never get around to yours either.

Loyal
Greetings @cmd73 ,
Welcome to T.J

Friend God never let anyone down.
It may seem like it to you but what exactly did you do?

I mean you say faith let you down and you got worse.
How so? I mean how do you see that God let you down?

What was it you did that you feel got ignored?

Blessings to you

Greetings @cmd73 ,
Welcome to T.J

Friend God never let anyone down.
It may seem like it to you but what exactly did you do?

I mean you say faith let you down and you got worse.
How so? I mean how do you see that God let you down?

What was it you did that you feel got ignored?

Blessings to you
If there was a God to actually know, I would have never come to ruin as I did. It's been 2 years since I walked away from all those haunting beliefs, and only now my life has changed. So I see the difference I made compared to what faith in the God of the bible did.

No one should go through such insanity, such trust in believing something that's not true. Christians have their testimony, now I have mine.

Staff Member
Greetings,

if it was like half the stuff i have come across from well meaning Christian folk, it is a wonder you are even sane now!

But, that does not equate to the whole lot being wrong.
There is a lot of messed up stuff floating around and I see that you have been victim to some of it. A true representation of all that is God's plan doesn't often get spread around and so folk like you do get wounded by the rubbish in His name.

Now that you are getting your senses back, may you come to know something of the peace and love that i know of God and may your days be filled with brightness instead of gloom.

For some reason beyond our control, the world is full of things to do with what are either truths or half truths from Scripture. A lot of influence has been felt, so somehow, given that all the disciples and Jesus and heaps of others in the beginning of the Church, were executed, I say there must be something more than we can always recognise with our understanding and also that it appears that something or someone is the mastermind behind it so and I am convinced that the plan is for good, not brain raping like you say you got.
Look at music, for example, you have songs like Highway to Hell and Stairway to Heaven, and it is the folk who are not into Jesus that get head-banging over it. (I used to myself)

Which way do you go?

Do justice, love mercy and walk humbly before the Lord.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
If there was a God to actually know, I would have never come to ruin as I did. It's been 2 years since I walked away from all those haunting beliefs, and only now my life has changed. So I see the difference I made compared to what faith in the God of the bible did.

No one should go through such insanity, such trust in believing something that's not true. Christians have their testimony, now I have mine.

I hear you but you have not said a thing.
Why is it you feel this way when believers experiences are not as you claim?

Why come in A Christian Forum if you feel as you do?

Loyal
@cmd73

Likely you have come here because deep inside you realize you have missed something really important. The important thing is that our feelings and blessings and health in this life we lead here a men of flesh is NOT the most important thing. Consider first Stephen was simply testifying regarding God and while he was still speaking they stoned him to death. He was still a young man. How important to him was his natural life here in his body of flesh? Many times God will provide healing to our flesh, but if He does not, should we reject Him?

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

God put us here for a purpose, and it was NOT to always have a smooth easy way to go while we are here, although sometimes for some of us some of the time it will be. We need for pray as Jesus prayed when he knew he was facing torture and painful death:

"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

The cup was not removed. Jesus, the man, who was tempted in all points even as we are, did want to suffer and die... but because it was God's will, he did.

I am praying for God to help you accept whatever it is that His will for you in the situation which is give to you and that He let you know what His will is.

Greetings,

if it was like half the stuff i have come across from well meaning Christian folk, it is a wonder you are even sane now!

But, that does not equate to the whole lot being wrong.
There is a lot of messed up stuff floating around and I see that you have been victim to some of it. A true representation of all that is God's plan doesn't often get spread around and so folk like you do get wounded by the rubbish in His name.

Now that you are getting your senses back, may you come to know something of the peace and love that i know of God and may your days be filled with brightness instead of gloom.

For some reason beyond our control, the world is full of things to do with what are either truths or half truths from Scripture. A lot of influence has been felt, so somehow, given that all the disciples and Jesus and heaps of others in the beginning of the Church, were executed, I say there must be something more than we can always recognise with our understanding and also that it appears that something or someone is the mastermind behind it so and I am convinced that the plan is for good, not brain raping like you say you got.
Look at music, for example, you have songs like Highway to Hell and Stairway to Heaven, and it is the folk who are not into Jesus that get head-banging over it. (I used to myself)

Which way do you go?

Do justice, love mercy and walk humbly before the Lord.

Bless you ....><>
You see, the words of the bible don't add up to a hill of beans if what those word's stipulate never come to fruition.

Yeah Gods got your back, and watches over you while you sleep. He's working a new life in you, sure he is, if you can rub two sticks together then his work is marvelous. But in actuality he does nothing apart from what people do in his name.

I'd have to be crazy to risk leaving God knowing I'd go to hell if I do. This is why I must walk away, the bible God can not use intimidation to make me love him.

I hear you but you have not said a thing.
Why is it you feel this way when believers experiences are not as you claim?

Why come in A Christian Forum if you feel as you do?
Because, I don't really know yet, and I don't care if I ever do.

I'm here now, make the best of it.

Loyal
Because, I don't really know yet, and I don't care if I ever do.

I'm here now, make the best of it.
Not to be rude but I hear your rant but you still have not said anything.
How about explaining why you feel this way.

Don't say you don't know because how can you make a claim with nothing to back your claim?

Loyal
You'll understand what I'm talking about if you ever realize the false dichotomy of heaven and hell.

Dichotomy
a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.

So your point is what?

Again you make useless boast and have no real substance to back your claim.

It's as you come to play a game.
So what is your purpose?

Blessings to you

Dichotomy
a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.

So your point is what?

Again you make useless boast and have no real substance to back your claim.

It's as you come to play a game.
So what is your purpose?

Blessings to you
Can you genuinely love someone whom you fear will punish you at the same time?
This is not something I have to ask myself anymore, as I have overcome the aforesaid dilemma. But I still don't understand how those Christians who are taken in by the hell theology seem to miss the dichotomy of the subject matter.

For many years I was puzzled by the fact that I had to choose to believe in a God who would torture me for not believing. Why any rational person could not see this as a problem beats me.

Loyal
For many years I was puzzled by the fact that I had to choose to believe in a God who would torture me for not believing. Why any rational person could not see this as a problem beats me.

See there is the problem. You are very confused.

God does not send any one to hell. People make that choice for themselves by rejecting what God has given us through Jesus.

God does not punish any one in hell.

Bottom line. If you want to disagree with God the creator and His way. Knowing He has given you the right to choose life or death and heaven or hell, then that is your right to do so.

Knocking Him and believers won't change a thing.

Again its your right to choose to reject Gods plan of salvation and you can do so freely.

Its your right and if you desire to challenge Gods ways then you can do so but remember.... It was also your doing that got you eternity in hell. What I mean is, if you want to go to hell then you can simply make that choice freely.

Now then, what really is your problem with Gods Free Gift of Salvation?

Blessings

See there is the problem. You are very confused.

God does not send any one to hell. People make that choice for themselves by rejecting what God has given us through Jesus.

God does not punish any one in hell.

Bottom line. If you want to disagree with God the creator and His way. Knowing He has given you the right to choose life or death and heaven or hell, then that is your right to do so.

Knocking Him and believers won't change a thing.

Again its your right to choose to reject Gods plan of salvation and you can do so freely.

Its your right and if you desire to challenge Gods ways then you can do so but remember.... It was also your doing that got you eternity in hell. What I mean is, if you want to go to hell then you can simply make that choice freely.

Now then, what really is your problem with Gods Free Gift of Salvation?

Blessings
A free gift is one without strings attached, without repercussions.
Can any Christian grapple with that.

Loyal
A free gift is one without strings attached, without repercussions.
Can any Christian grapple with that.
What Strings seem to be entangling you?

To me it sounds like you don't like the thought of hell nor do you like the idea of having to submit to a Most Awesome Loving God.

It seems you just want to be in control of what you do and again that's your choice.

You have yet to give a solid answer or reason to why you feel the way you do and say the things you do.

I can tell you why....its because you believe the lies the enemy the devil has been feeding you .

Blessings to you

Staff Member
Greetings,

thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. Not only can life be busy at times, we sometimes don't bother to exchange dialogue with everyone and sometimes we even overlook those who care for us and extend a hand of friendship or attempt to show us a better way. We can be stubborn at times due to pride and a few other things. Sometimes we are simply not interested, so again, thank you.

Can I continue and in doing so I shall quote a couple of things you said that stand out to me, for conversation pieces if nothing else?

I gather from your profile that you are a man, so I will speak man to man and do so figuring that you are OK with that and most probably do or have done so with others in the past and even present, when discussing or talking with each other, so please don't take offence at me but shoot straight and we can build whatever sort of friendship from there that might arise, OK? (if not please let me know)

I'll start with this:
But in actuality he does nothing apart from what people do in his name.
Come on, that's lame, and you know it. Look around you and see that there is plenty of amazing stuff going on around us all the time and we all know that there has to be some sort of something else besides mere chance to be able to make everything so beautiful and funky as it is,. The only thing I have ever found to be out of tune with that sort of magnificent design and arrangement of everything we can see and taste and smell and touch and hear is... man. Mozzies and rats and mice and a few other things are pests as with diseases and sickness and other inconvenient issues (for instance, I have a hernia at present that is not ideal!)
So, either way, that is pretty lame. Probably refining it some how might help but the goodness of God is evident in many, many ways for anyone and everyone to see and testify to. Sure you can cast your belief to chance and other theories but even in that there seems to be plenty of unpleasant bits, too.
Having said that, you know as well as I do that even man can do good and does and it warms our hearts at times when we see it happening. Is good simply a chance perversion against survival and brute existence? And, as it turns out God does do some amazing stuff through people beside kindness and patience and love and those sort of things that we all prefer over hatred and deception and crookedness etc.

You see, the words of the bible don't add up to a hill of beans if what those word's stipulate never come to fruition.
I have to do some guess work to work that out, sorry. Can you put something a bit more concrete forward because that is too far abstract for me. A big generalisation that is one of those things we say and while we sort of know what we are talking about, when push comes to shove, they are often not enough to express what we really mean. So can you say that again in other words, please?

the bible God can not use intimidation to make me love him.
I agree and so please don't let that idea take over sound reasoning and our ability to have faith in Who He really is, nor to steal from you the way He really invites us all to come to Him.
I think I know where you are coming from and fully understand if you have somehow been taken captive by these thoughts against the One Who Loves you and your daughter and even me.
Man has the ability to mess with nearly everything God has made and done, and messing with Scripture and using their own words and nasty ways have made the truth into a detestable lie. So, why throw out God because of the error committed by people?
When it comes to asking Him for things we all know that there are often times that things don't come through but I know that there is always a good reason for that and while I am not professing to be the authority on this and am not inviting everyone to join in an argument over this, I know what i know and despite my requests not all being given to me, I have children too and know that "No" is required for a lot of their wants, and for good reasons too!

Be careful what you do with it all, my friend. God's Mercy and Love and Grace still shines on you and even though you can't come at Him right now, won't stop Him doing His loving plan for you and yours.
I say be careful because you can do yourself harm by your decisions. I have, many times and by rights I should have died a long time ago, several times over, and that's merely through stupid choices and dumb actions. SO, is God to blame if I do stupid? Are you to blame if your child ignores your warning of safety first and gets into some sort of harm?

No, He doesn't use intimidation. Don't let that lies stick around any longer.
One of the saddest things I know is when people misuse the words of life and turn them into words of death. That sucks, big time.

thanks for hearing me out,

Bless you ....><>

Active
Good morning CMD;
I get the feeling there is more behind your initial post than you describe. I will say this, and you can decide what ever you wish. Back in the Garden of Eden, the serpent implied to Eve that if she ate from the Tree Of Knowledge, she could choose to do things which pleased her.

Thus, we have been given the choice in which we can choose to do things which please our heavenly Father, or we can choose to do things which please us.

There is no dichotomy and there is no threat. Think about it for a moment. If your friends continue to do things which displease you, will you keep them as friends? Yet, you seem (some belief systems teach that God will accept anything simply because He loves us) to think that God should not discriminate against actions which displease Him. The Devil does not discriminate, but he does not care about you or I.

God does discriminate, but He has given us a Helper. If we believe that Jesus died for our sins, the Holy Spirit will give us the strength we need. Thus, God does not expect us to do it entirely on our own. What do you think?

Cheers,
John