• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Staff Member
Greetings,

has anyone had and used Olive Leaf Extract?

If so, what are your experiences with it?

Bless you ....><>

Awesome herbal extract! It's a natural antibiotic and can treat the flu. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics.
Combine it with Pau d'Arco , get standardized extract whenever possible when buying herbs, for a complete immune boost.
Standardized extract is the extracted medicinal properties of the herb, the root and or leaf, only. This way you get the full potency of the herbal medicine. Which is great.

If you can drink herbal tea, don't add sugar because sugar depletes the immune system, Pau d'Arco tea is great to boost the capsules. While Echinacea, and Goldenseal, are all herbal teas that as individual teas help to build your immune system. They can all be taken together.

I had a heck of an abscess tooth some years ago. The filling fell out and I had a schedule that wouldn't let me get to a dentist right away, so I figured rinsing with hot salt water would keep the exposed tissue clean until my dentist could get me scheduled. Idiot! It abscessed over the weekend. The filling falling out on Friday night.
By Monday I looked like I was a boxer.
My dentist got me in that day due to the emergency situation but couldn't work on the tooth until the abscess was healed. He gave me an antiB prescription and I went to the health food store instead. I knew the owner very well and she suggested a triple herbal capsule combo. Natures Way brand, "Echinacea, Astragalus, and Reishi Mushroom". I took three capsules three times a day for a week. Which was how far in advance my dentist scheduled my follow-up appointment thinking the prescription he gave me would have worked well enough to work on my tooth.

My abscess was gone in three days. But I kept up for another two just to be safe. He was impressed. Boy, those antibiotics worked fast! He said. No, actually an herbal combo worked fast. He approved! LOL Whatever works!

Herbs are medicine and I think they're better because they build the body rather than put it at risk like pharmaceutical medicines do.

Those are my suggestions. Olive Leave extract is really great and comes in capsule or tincture form. Make sure you get your herbs at a health food store. They typically have employees that are versed in herbal medicine info too.

Oregano oil is a really powerful antibiotic. It comes in oil form with a dropper bottle. Potent stuff. Really strong taste. But if you can stand it, it is a great solution to fight a cold or the flu.

If you use a tincture of any herb, or herbal root, you can put it in hot water and drink as a tea or you can drop a few drops in your mouth and swallow to get the instant absorption. Best to put the drops under your tongue because as with Vitamin B-12 drops, that large dark vein you see under your tongue will absorb the properties of the herbal drops, or Vitamin B-12, called "sublingual B-12", into your bloodstream the fastest. This gets the medicinal properties working quickly.

Hope that helps.
Blessings.

Staff Member
Dear Brother @Br. Bear ,
I've used it on again and off again. Has it actually helped? Shrug. Can't say that it has, but then again I can't say it hasn't either. Gives me the mindset that at least I'm doing something :)

I came by it from my niece, who has a Degree in Medicine and does studies on natural remedies, especially from those found in Scripture. She ensures that her husband who works in a closed area with others, takes it during flue season. It appears that due to working in a confined space, with no windows, ventilation questionable, has it that when one gets sick, so does everyone else. So, as soon as one gets sick, he starts taking it. He winds up being the only one who doesn't get sick! Now why he doesn't get the others there to also take, I couldn't say!

Anyway, if you do decide to take it. Get the mint flavored one. Awful taste without the mint included. :( My niece gave me some when I was visiting a few years back. Was not partial to the taste, so I went online and found it with mint. :) I believe the husband now takes it that way as well. My niece says a table spoon a day during the flue season, is a sure fire way to keep it away.

Oh, and I just told the wife about the subject and she tells me that she takes it too. Is of the same opinion as I am on the results. :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Hope all are doing well brother!!!!
YBIC
Nick
<><

Staff Member
Greetings Nick,

I have tried the mint flavoured one and must say I prefer 'the real McCoy'. It certainly tastes like it would nuke most bugs in it's path.

thank you for sharing those bits. No doubt your niece would be an interesting person to talk with and explore some Biblical herbs and things with. Could you ask her ,one day, out of interest, if Olive Leaf Extract is any good topically?

thank you also for your kind concern for my well being.... may you be even better,

Bless you ....><>

ps, thank you also to your dear wife for her input ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings,

thank you Blunder_Duck for your reply.

yes, Oregano is a good one. I was/am interested in specifically anyone's experience of using Olive Leaf Extract. It mas the making of much benefit but in this day and age, much is sold these days of all manner of health helpers that are pumped up to do wonders but whether they do or not is another thing.

I like all things Olive and the Extract is still reasonably new to me. One can read reviews and all but hearing from real live people especially those who know the difference between hype and truth is of interest to me, so I value your input.

Herbs are medicine and I think they're better because they build the body rather than put it at risk like pharmaceutical medicines do.
I am reminded of the Body.
There appears the same there. To build the Body up, in Christ, is what we should be doing but it appears that many have lost their way and are instead as the pharma, and pull it down, thinking/believing it will build itself again. In fact, most have lost their way in the concrete jungle, in many areas. Sad really and often quite threatening to those who have not.
Somehow the whole mentality has warped so much that now, any who are not going with the flow are 'alternative'... but I must ask, to what?

Olive Leaf Extract seems to be a sound sort of elixir. It's always good to share things like this.

Bless you ....><>

Greetings,

thank you Blunder_Duck for your reply.

yes, Oregano is a good one. I was/am interested in specifically anyone's experience of using Olive Leaf Extract. It mas the making of much benefit but in this day and age, much is sold these days of all manner of health helpers that are pumped up to do wonders but whether they do or not is another thing.

I like all things Olive and the Extract is still reasonably new to me. One can read reviews and all but hearing from real live people especially those who know the difference between hype and truth is of interest to me, so I value your input.

I am reminded of the Body.
There appears the same there. To build the Body up, in Christ, is what we should be doing but it appears that many have lost their way and are instead as the pharma, and pull it down, thinking/believing it will build itself again. In fact, most have lost their way in the concrete jungle, in many areas. Sad really and often quite threatening to those who have not.
Somehow the whole mentality has warped so much that now, any who are not going with the flow are 'alternative'... but I must ask, to what?

Olive Leaf Extract seems to be a sound sort of elixir. It's always good to share things like this.

Bless you ....><>
Thank you. And may God bless you and yours as well.
I always prefer the natural remedy for any ailment. We are a temple that carries the holy spirit within us after all. We have to respect the house of God.
I like Olive Leaf extract for its antibiotic properties. Very effective. And the side effect of corrupting the natural flora in our gut when we take pharmaceutical antibiotics doesn't happen either. Nor is there the side effect for men or women of yeast infections.

For those who may have taken prescription antibiotics, the best solution right after you finish your regimen is to go to a health food store and ask them for Acidophilus. Live culture, which is in the refrigerator section. Or, ask the health food store employee what they'd recommend in that area because there are combinations of the friendly flora bacteria for your recovery that may be better than just a single culture.
Remember to bring one of those bags that you may use to shop for frozen foods, the insulated one's, so as to keep the bottle cold on the way home.

9 Ways Lactobacillus Acidophilus Can Benefit Your Health

Staff Member
Greetings,

thank you for your input.
Yes, those anti-life medicines certainly do their job at wiping out a lot of stuff.
As much as some might not like to admit it, the antibiotics can conquer some nasty bugs better than the average home remedy can.
As you have pointed out, it is a good move to take some live culture for your stomachs sake if you ever do uses the pharma variety.

I think Nick's post touched on the best remedy as being prevention in the first place.
Sometimes very difficult in the society we have made for ourselves and that we oft times partake in. I know of men who have served in places in this world where disease is common and yet they stayed healthy but they always gave all the glory to God for it.

Bless you ....><>

Greetings,

thank you for your input.
Yes, those anti-life medicines certainly do their job at wiping out a lot of stuff.
As much as some might not like to admit it, the antibiotics can conquer some nasty bugs better than the average home remedy can.
As you have pointed out, it is a good move to take some live culture for your stomachs sake if you ever do uses the pharma variety.

I think Nick's post touched on the best remedy as being prevention in the first place.
Sometimes very difficult in the society we have made for ourselves and that we oft times partake in. I know of men who have served in places in this world where disease is common and yet they stayed healthy but they always gave all the glory to God for it.

Bless you ....><>
Absolutely. Prevention is key. That's why immune builder herbs and a proper diet are key.
I haven't seen a physician for nearly 20 years.
Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;" Genesis 1:29

Staff Member
Greetings once more,

We are a temple that carries the holy spirit within us after all. We have to respect the house of God.

I think you'll find that the operative word here is 'we'.
We are to build one another up and in doing so remain strong. Of course we must rely upon the Lord alone to provide the nutrients needed as only He can provide us with the Life we need.

Often we get too much me, me, me and forget our duty towards each other in the Body. We also, as a body can partake in the use of what might be deemed as antibiotics of the world. In which case we surely need the Physician to remedy the wrong done.

Chad has previously posted on Olive Oil
Health Benefits of Olive Oil

If we, as a Body would recognize the 'health benefits' in the oil of gladness we might better protect ourselves from the pestilence that comes from this sick and dying world?

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. Psalm 45:7

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. Hebrews 1:9

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Mr Bear...I'm sure you have poplar trees where you are. When spring comes for you, you can make Balm of Giliad...You harvest poplar buds, in a quart jar you put in a half jar of buds then cover them with pure olive oil. Its good for an assortment of things....Here.

BALM OF GILEAD

Latin Name: Populus candicans

Alternate Names: Poplar Buds, Balsam Poplar, Mecca Balsam, Gileadensis, Tacamahac

Family: SALICACEAE

Parts Used: Leaf buds.

Properties: Alterative, Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Bitter Tonic, Expectorant, Febrifuge, Vulnerary.

Internal Uses: Bronchitis, Cough, Laryngitis, Sore Throat, Tonsillitis

Internal Applications: Tea, Tincture, Capsules, Syrup.

Due to its salicin content, it is used for many of the same things that aspirin is used.

Topical Uses: Abscess, Arthritis, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rheumatism

Topical Applications: Poultice or compress for arthritis, rheumatism, post-operative abscesses, eczema and psoriasis. Used in perfume, soap, and potpourri.

Energetics: Bitter, Cold.

Chemical Constituents: Phenolic glycosides (salicin), populin, essential oil (arcurumene, bisabolene, cineole, farnesene) gallic acid, tannins.

Contraindications: Can reduce breast milk, so avoid if one wishes to continue nursing. Avoid if allergic to aspirin.

Comments: The common name Balm of Gilead includes the species Populus gileadensis, Populus balsamifer, and Populus nigra, which are used interchangeably with Populus candicans.

ahem...Mr Bear, if you're breast feeding you may want to hold off using this....LOLOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I start using it two or three times a day at the first sign of a cold...Usually I'll take a couple of pills the first time and then just one after that. I'll use it for several days until I feel no symptoms. I work in a classroom of second graders where a good four or five at a time blow their noses and sneeze all day long (it seems!) and I didn't catch a cold last year at all. Last year was my first year in a classroom setting and I thought for sure I would get a couple of nasty colds. I make sure to get a good quality brand with a high percentage standardized extract. I think 18 - 20% is considered good.