Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Parents In Pain

yort

"WHERE DID WE GO WRONG? Isn't that the question that some Parents are asking themselves? Kids grow up, make their own decisions, some of which are disastrous. Like us they are sinners, perfectly capable of rebelliously going their own way. In a society where everyone is blaming someone else and refusing to take responsibility for their own actions, don't fall prey to unfounded accusations.

If you are struggling with a difficult situation with your teen or young adult here are a few words of encouragement and advice.

*Realize you are not alone. Other Parents have similar experiences. Most important, remember that God is with you. ( ISAIAH 41:10,13 ).

*Find a few trusted friends to share your concerns and pain. Don't hide them, or put on an everything is alright front. ( PROVERBS 17:17 ).

*You are not obligated to explain your family situation to everyone. If curious people probe, merely ask them to pray. ( PROVERBS 10:19 ).

* If you know that you have sinned against one of your children or treated them badly, confess it to them and God, asking forgiveness. ( PROVERBS 28:13 ).

*Hold them accountable for their actions, God dose. ( PROVERBS 20:11 ).

* Refuse to feel guilty or ashamed. Don't allow your children to lay guilt upon you when you know you serve God and them with integrity.

* Love them deeply. Be there for them, but don't always rescue. ( LUKE 15:11-32 ).

* Wait and pray. God is a God of patience and hope. Wait for them to respond. In most cases there will be reconciliation. ( ROMANS 12:12;5:3-5 ).

* Keep going and keep ministering. One of Satan's tactics to attack our family. ( ROMANS 11:29; PROVERBS 24:10 ).

* Submit yourself to God's sovereignty, both in life and in the lives of your children. ( ROMANS 8:28,29 ).

* Keep in mind that God's children, too, rebelled. " The Lord has spoken: I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against Me". ( ISAIAH 1:2 )
Dr. Jerry Whitefield.

:wink:

so true . With prayer and fasting anything is possible. I remember growing up and even after being in my 30s still not showing the kind of respect my mother deserved..now after being back with the lord i take nothing for granted. Time spent away from my mother while i was out serving the world i realize now that i cant make up for lost time but i can invest in the future and spend time with her. Anyone going through a loss of a relationship with their child i ask that you continue to thank the lord for restoring it..because if it has been prayed about it will come to pass. We can remind him of his promises if we study and get to know him..he wants to be our restorer. My mother was the only one praying for me while i was out in my mess. So i know prayer works...great post troy..

Back