Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

President Trump Speech in Saudi Arabia At Arab Islamic - American Summit (FULL SPEECH)

Discussion in 'News Stand' started by Chad, May 22, 2017.

1. President Trump Full Historic Speech in Saudi Arabia 5/21/17

Text Transcript

2. President Trump does nothing to tackle the serious issue of the government of Saudi Arabia giving backing to isis. And at the same time negotiating a historically large arms deal.

Like bringing gasoline to a house fire. We should not expect peace in the Middle East any time soon.

Sent from a mobile device
  3. Good speech

4. Military is big money. You have to do those deals if you can, else someone else will. Its not all bad as the US restricts certain technology transfer. I also agree with all getting missile defense systems. Most / all Nato nations have this up.

5. I'm reading my Bible from beginning to end. I'll let you know when I get to the bit where God gives priority to wealth over justice.

6. :smile:

7. Saudi Arabia was an ally in the first gulf war. Without their help Saddam may still be in power. They have a got a history of co operation with the West. They have also never had a dictator like Iran that wants Israel removed from the map. They are one of the few middle eastern countries that are 'ok' to support.

We don't live in a perfect world. I don't see selling them weapons as evil. They just may be an ally against another extremist arab nation in the future.

8. I'm not going to respond point by point - largely so that we don't end up in a long thread in which we all air our disagreements but never get closer to common ground.

I will say that I am ashamed of my country's (Britain) support for this regime, and worried about the consequences of the latest arms deal.

In the US, both Democrat and Republican governments have been aware of Saudi support of terrorist groups such as ISIS, yet have chosen to turn a blind eye.

We finally know what Hillary Clinton knew all along – Saudi Arabia is funding Isis

9. That article just says they have some evidence, but the actual evidence is not disclosed. We can expect some in every Muslim nation to support Isis. I hope you are not right in that it is direct support from the Saudi leaders. Perhaps we will hear more of this on CNN soon. '''Trump funds terrorism''' is a front page header they would die for.

10. Yes. There's a big part of me that hopes I'm not right too. Peace

KingJ likes this.
  11. It is for sure God works in mysterious ways; Maybe Trump is dealing from a position of strength and right now he is trying to deal with the lesser of two evils.