• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Justification & Glorification

Staff Member
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (Romans 8:29-30)

God chose those who would believe from the foundations of the world to be justified and glorified according to His purpose. Because God foreknew all things, there is nothing that can separate His children from His excellent love and grace. Even as evil powers come against us, we are made conquerors by the justification and glorification through the blood of Christ!

BLB

Loyal
then how would you explain all the other versus in the bible that tell us we are to choose him

Acts 16:31
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household

John 6:47
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

It seems we have a direct conflict in what this teaches. and what you posted above. I know for me I just accept it because its in the bible and we humans cant begin to think we have the wisdom or knowledge to understand how God operates. I see many people who lean one way or another on these two issues and I do not think that is right, clearly man has a personal responsibility to come to Christ although Christ already knows who will and wont that does not diminish or responsibility.

Election is one hot topic that will get many arguments from men, but the bottom line is we can not understand it fully when taken in full context of everything else taught in scripture, I am humble enough (i hope) to admit it are you?

Staff Member
Dear brother, don't seek contradiction where there is none.
For it would be just like man to acknowledge that God IS, but then argue how is it that He IS? :)
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
NIck are you saying you understand election in the bible? would love to here you explain that with the versus in my above post in mind. thanks brother

Staff Member
Election is one hot topic that will get many arguments from men, but the bottom line is we can not understand it fully when taken in full context of everything else taught in scripture, I am humble enough (i hope) to admit it are you?

Of cause brother. For it is accepting God's will and knowing it to be just and righteous. Why? Because He is Sovereign, Holy, without measure.
When man is unwilling to accept the infinite, is that arguments occur. And dear brother, an argument with you is the last thought within me to have.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
then how would you explain all the other versus in the bible that tell us we are to choose him

Acts 16:31
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household

John 6:47
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

It seems we have a direct conflict in what this teaches. and what you posted above. I know for me I just accept it because its in the bible and we humans cant begin to think we have the wisdom or knowledge to understand how God operates. I see many people who lean one way or another on these two issues and I do not think that is right, clearly man has a personal responsibility to come to Christ although Christ already knows who will and wont that does not diminish or responsibility.

None of us can come to faith in Jesus Christ unless the Father first draws us to him. Even the faith to believe in Jesus Christ is a gift from God. Faith in Jesus Christ does not originate with us. It is God's divinely persuading of us as to his will for our lives. When God persuades us he gifts us with the ability to believe. Yet, it is not forced on us. We don't become puppets on a string. We must yield our wills to the Lord. We must accept his gift of grace to us, yet the Holy Spirit moves us to do so. So, election and free will kind of work together, exactly how I am not exactly certain.

I have had people ask me if I believe in election or in free will. I simply answer "Yes."

Loyal
Sue wrote
I have had people ask me if I believe in election or in free will. I simply answer "Yes."

I love that !!