Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Promises - Presence

Christ4Ever

Staff Member
Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and [that] all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. (2 Timothy 4:17)

When it comes time for us to proclaim the gospel, we can stand in the Lord's strength and He will be right by our side the whole time. Be bold, O believer! Take your strength in the almighty arm of your Father, O child of heaven!

BLB

Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and [that] all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. (2 Timothy 4:17)

When it comes time for us to proclaim the gospel, we can stand in the Lord's strength and He will be right by our side the whole time. Be bold, O believer! Take your strength in the almighty arm of your Father, O child of heaven!

BLB

Hi my good friend Nick. That verse has always been one of my favorites, especially the one that precedes it....2Ti 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

In one of the churches that I was their Pastor, I had a similar experience. Because I was preaching the raw Word of God, the very liberal Elders tried to have me removed. God stood beside me because He brought me to that church to straighten it out.

In the end, the church body, voted these men out, and the church membership doubled in size. Praise the Lord Who fights for His Preachers.

@Chopper
Thank-you for sharing a bit of your testimony that surely had to be trying times.
You were sent for a purpose and you stayed faithful to Him who is always so.
There existed a people who in their hearts yearned to hear and know His unadulterated word.
You were then, and still are an instrument by which His truth is heard.

Blessings to you and yours.
Always with the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Men sometimes get it into their minds to improve on the Way of God by implementing their own rules. Too often they failed to check it out with Him first. All we really ever need to do anything the right way is God. Once we have Him we need to pay attention to what He is saying to us.

Back