Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Prophecies

Chad

Administrator
Staff Member
What Is Prophecy?

By Betty Miller

As some may not be familiar with prophecy in the church, we want to share this short explanation of Biblical prophecy before we share an actual prophecy from God.

First, what is godly prophecy? It can be summed up as words that are spoken on behalf of God. A prophet or prophetess is one who is a spokesman for God. It is a divine utterance that comes from the Holy Spirit. (Note: Just as there are prophetic words from God, there are also false prophecies that the Lord warned us about in the Bible. In Matthew 7:15-16 Jesus said, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits--." We must prove the source of prophecy before accepting it as coming from the Lord). God is raising up many prophetic voices in the earth today. His gifts of prophecy are basically of two types. One is the "simple gift of prophecy" which every believer can express under the unction or direction of the Holy Spirit after they have been filled with the Holy Ghost.

The other is the "office gift" of the spirit which is given to a prophet or prophetess who is called to the "five-fold" ministry office as outlined in 1 Corinthians 12:28 which says "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues." Also Ephesians 4:11-12 which says" And he gave some, apostles; and some prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."

The basic difference between these two types is, the simple gift of prophecy is given to all spirit filled believers as spoken of in 1 Corinthians 14:31, "For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted." It is for the purpose of edification, exhortation and comfort as spoken of in 1 Corinthians 14:3, "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort."

The "office gift" of a prophet or prophetess is given to speak to the body of Christ at large. The ministers who are called to the office of a prophet or prophetess will deliver messages also which include edification, exhortation and comfort but their messages can also be directive in nature and futuristic in content as well (Ephesians 4:11-15).

Presently God is leading His people with prophetic preaching and teaching. A prophetic movement is taking place in the world.

Americans Are "In Trouble" With God

A Word From Henry Blackaby

Blackaby warns that Americans are "in trouble" with God. The United States is in danger of God’s judgment, but Christians don’t really believe it, Henry Blackaby says. "Everyone focuses on 2 Chronicles 7:14," Blackaby, the Southern Baptist speaker and author, said. The verse says that if God’s people humble themselves, pray, seek His face, and turn from their wicked ways, God will forgive their sins and heal their land. But subsequent verses add, in essence, that "If you abandon Him, He will abandon you," the author of the popular Bible study, Experiencing God (Broadman & Holman), told Religion Today. "We don’t believe that any more. We don’t believe anything can or will go wrong." "There is a line that, when crossed, ...there is no return."

"In chapter 7 of the Book of Jeremiah, God tells Jeremiah not to pray for the people of Israel. There were godly people present, but the nation had passed the point of God’s blessing. We need to be on our knees today. If you put this country up against Scripture, we are in trouble. Either the United States turns to God in repentance and revival, or there is going to be judgment," he said.

Blackaby said he is not so much concerned about the way secular society is living, but about how the church is doing. He cited a survey by George Barna indicating that in each of 150 lifestyle areas, including divorce and abortion, "the church is no different than the society around them. All through Scripture the Bible indicates that if the people of God lose their saltiness, there will be nothing else to save the nation. There is a movement of God in some churches, but overall it seems to be small. Of the many claims of revival there doesn’t seem to be much result."

In addition to writing books, Blackaby speaks at numerous churches and conferences. "The prosperity-preaching in churches today is astounding," Blackaby said. "I just read a book from a very prominent Christian leader who said we should focus on hope and not preach anything negative. Jeremiah 23 speaks of prophets who preach of ease, when sinfulness and godlessness are all around. This is like it is today. Where are the preachers today leading the people to repentance? When God’s people don’t realize how far they have gone from Him and they don’t turn in humbleness and repentance, they are at risk."

"In Jesus’ day, people were feeling good and praising their blessings, but He was weeping. How can we not know His heart? We miss it, because we want to feel good. That is our goal and focus." Blackaby criticized a pragmatism that downplays preaching. "Many are doing surveys to find out what people want in their church experience. We don’t need to do that. In the evangelical community, there is a pragmatism that says that the Word of God is not enough to attract people. There is almost a disdain of Biblical preaching being irrelevant. God will grow the church from His word. God always deals with leaders. The tragedy is so few have earned the right to be heard. So few have an authentic platform. We need strong prayer. We need a spiritual anointing and ordained proclamations. Non-anointed words will fall useless to the ground. Proclaimers must live lives of holiness and humility. It is life and death when they speak. The three things the church needs are "prayer, Holy Spirit anointing, and men living out holy lives. God will draw people to hear them. They must proclaim God’s standard. They need an authentic relationship with Christ. Pastors don’t have a sense of the urgency of our times."

The outspoken Blackaby says he receives his "share of backlash" from Christian leaders who tell him that he "shouldn’t be putting people down" and that he should give people hope. "I believe hope comes out of repentance," he said. "At a major evangelistic meeting recently attended by many evangelical leaders, the focus was on reaching non-Christians. To my great surprise there wasn’t a mention about sin and the need for repentance. Hope in Jesus was the focus. When it was my time to speak, I talked about our sin and the need for repentance. Later, many of those there came up to me and said that they sincerely appreciated and needed my comments. We are at a time of God’s judgment and Christian leaders are not bringing the message of the Lord. There is hope. I see a younger generation turning. They feel the older generation has betrayed them, and they want authentic relationship. They sense the urgency."

Economic Shakings:

The Lord spoke strongly of economic shakings coming. Several dreams have been given to various prophets about disaster striking the nation; in particular, the east coast. The Lord was showing that we are not ready in any measure for what is coming and that it will be titanic in proportion when it hits in its fullness.

Because of our prayers and standing in the gap (it seems this meant because of the tears and deep intercession that came upon us as a group of prophets at that time, joined also by the intercession of God's people world-wide); one of His last words for us was that complete destruction will be averted, but He is still going to discipline or "spank" America. This would not be averted. In the coming shaking, so many things will be happening, that those in the church who have been against spiritual warfare are going to be awakened and realize their great need and stand up and fight against the enemy in that day.

Terrorism:

Again, by the revelation of several prophetic voices, we were warned that the "Accuser of the Brethren" is coming with a fresh onslaught. There will be Islamic terrorist attacks that will be launched against children. It will only be as many as 10-20 such episodes, but it will put tremendous fear and even terror into the heart of the nation. This fear will boomerang, especially against those who are in militia organizations and certain groups of Christians. As a result, a wave of persecution could come against the whole Church.

Colorado Springs:

Another word was specifically given for Colorado Springs, stating: that in a time of war or attack it would be one of the primary first targets--and they are not ready in the spirit. Our walls are broken down and we do not have the prayer coverage we need to withstand the onslaught. Complacency needs to be broken and prayer watches and spiritual coverage put in place to rebuild the walls of the city. We are vulnerable to attack. God spoke to us deeply about the need for humility. Colorado Springs (as other cities) is vulnerable to attack.

Humility:

God spoke to us deeply about the need for humility. Those of us from Colorado Springs confessed the sin of pride, that they had believed their own "public relations." Many had been hearing from the Lord of the need for brokenness and humility and the need to seek His face and His presence afresh with prayer and fasting.

The President:

Other words came forth indicating that the Lord is angry at the church for not praying for President Clinton, even as we are commanded to in 1 Timothy 2:1-4: "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
It had not been God's will for the things that he did and that happened to him and these may not have occurred if we had really cried out to God for him, rather than condemning him. It was shown to us the intensity of the spiritual warfare surrounding the Presidency, and that even the strongest Christian leader could not have stood under such an onslaught without heavy intercession and prayer covering. We entered into repentance for our sinfulness in these regards.

Days of Glory:

For a closing addendum: It is also believed that if the church of Jesus Christ will arise in 1999 and lay hold of this window of opportunity that lies in front of us, that the days of hardship could be turned into days of great hope. It is a time for humility; a time for intercession; a time for spiritual and natural preparation; and a time for God's glory to shine forth and let the light overcome the darkness. There is a coming wave of God's great glory that will supersede anything we have seen in recent church history. The call is for us to shake off our apathy, arise as a beacon of light and through prayer and compassionate deeds of the saints, seize the moments while we still can.

Jesus Christ International

The hour of decision is at hand. The hour for all men of all nations to turn to me with their whole heart. The hour to ask for My salvation, My wisdom, My knowledge, My understanding, My mercy, My peace, My love, and My justice...For only in Me will you find healing, deliverance and restoration for your soul and for your nations.

For each one who will seek me with their whole heart, I will impart My nature. For each one who will repent with their whole heart, I will lift them up to heavenly places with My Son. For those who will count their life as nothing, I will cause them to gain my power and authority. My anointing will come forth in those who have been humbled by me.

No weapon that is formed against Me shall prosper, and no weapon that is formed against My Own shall prosper! No one can stand against my plan for the coming kingdom of My Son! Only those who have allowed me to cleanse them and impart myself to them will stand in joy and victory. They are the ones who will be waiting patiently for my return...They are the ones who praise me.

Can two walk together except they be agreed? No, they cannot! And unless men and women of all nations come to Me, there will be no peace. Only in Me is there peace. I have heard the cries of the oppressed of all nations and I have arisen on their behalf. I will not withdraw my hand until justice is accomplished.

The religious confusion that has grown strong throughout the world has caused many to fall. My message is simple: I Am is love. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Love is gracious, patient and kind, and it is not rude or proud. Love does no wrong to its neighbor regardless of their color, race, or religion. I have not changed, nor will I change...So it is My people who must change and be conformed into My image and character. I will have a holy people!

The whole earth groans in the pain of birth. The birthing of My own. The birthing of My delight and My pleasure. The birthing of My will and My plan for the earth. The birthing of the day of the Lord. The day of the return of the Messiah to gather His own unto Himself for eternity. It is a day to look up! A day to rejoice, for your King is returning in His glory-- the glory of the Everlasting One!

Those who have an upright heart will be gathered to Me. Those who are full of sin and the evil works of Satan will perish. The ones who have received new birth and redemption by the blood of the Lamb will be saved. To those who hear my voice and obey me you must, "take up your cross and follow Me!"

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen Me and still you do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me, I will never drive away. For I have come down from Heaven not to do My will but to do the will of Him who sent Me, and I shall lose none of all that He has given Me, but WILL RAISE THEM UP IN THE LAST DAY. For My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will RAISE HIM UP AT THE LAST DAY" (John 6:35-40).

Beloved, speak to My people. Tell them of My love for them. Tell them of My yearning to be totally with them. Tell them for Me. Speak for Me...For many who say they are Mine cannot hear My voice.

Was My agony on the cross not enough for you, My people? Was My blood not perfect enough to make atonement for you? Did My beating with the whip not heal you? Was My resurrection not enough to set you free? Must you continue to trample underfoot My sacrifice on the cross? Where is the love and harmony between My people? Where is the tenderness and fellowship of the cross? Where is the Mind of Christ that is available to every Christian? Have you no kingdom within you?

The love of the Father sent Me to you. The love within Me caused Me to obey the desire of Our Father. It was because of love that I went to the cross to bring forth your redemption with My blood. It was because of Love that I have forgiven all your sins. It was because of love that I made available resurrection life to all who come to me. Ask them to receive My redemption and new life and be healed!

Tell them of the incredible riches that are their inheritance from Me as they abide in Me. Tell them that I will withhold nothing from those who walk with an upright heart. Tell them that I reward those who seek me and that a crown of life is stored up for all those who will walk completely into their inheritance in Me. They will suffer persecution for their godliness because the world hates My Holiness, but My life in them will keep them from turning back to the filth of the world.

Evil is increasing in the final hour, but My love for all men remains constant. My creative power, My authority, and My wisdom is available to those who will come and eat from my hand.

I yearn to hear the voices of My own--voices raised in harmony and love--voices that will sing the high praises of Our Father. Sing forth My people! Let Me hear your voice! Even as you desire to hear My voice, so I desire to hear yours! Sing, shout, make a joyful noise and I will hear you and I will respond with my own rejoicing over you!

Is there one among you that will believe My love for you? Is there one among you that will believe that I am who I said I am--and that I would not lie or deceive you? Is there one who desires to be recreated in My likeness? To be as Me you must spend time with Me. You must desire to be with Me more than you desire to be with the world. If you seek Me you will find Me if you seek Me with your whole heart! Rejoice in Me! Sing praises to Me and unto those who do not know My name! Let Me break forth from within you, to bless a dying world. My Father will love those who have loved Me. The Holy Spirit will teach those who desire to know Me as the "I Am" instead of as you "think" I am. Let My people praise Me and render unto My Father the holy praises of a holy people.

Come to Me as a little child. You do not need long religious phrases to talk to me. I hear even the quietest prayer from the heart of a sincere believer. I will answer you in a still small voice. I will not embarrass or frighten you. Come unto Me and I will give you rest."

The Wealth of the Sinner
by Cindy Jacobs

There is a shifting in the spirit in the area of finance. For I, the Lord have tested and tried the hearts of my people concerning mammon. The wealth of the sinner has been heaped up for these end times when I will use it to fund the end-time revival. Some of the greatest and most influential economic strongholds will crumble, as I, Jehovah Jireh, position my people to harvest what is necessary to see that the gospel be taken to the ends of the earth.

Violent warfare in the heavenlies has, and is, being fought, against those to whom I desire to release My heaviest anointings to fund this end time move. The enemy is attempting to squeeze the life out of My chosen ones; the Jobs and Josephs. Intercessors arise! Cry out to me for a breakthrough in the area of finance. Pray that those who are called to provide great blessings through the gift of giving will not be discouraged in the day of battle, but stand firm.

In this coming move of the spirit, in the area of Harvest financing, I will only use those who keep their hearts pure and are not out for personal gain, but who will simply be conduits of the blessings. I am pouring out a large vision to My Christian leaders, and will link and network them with those to whom I am giving the power to get wealth.

Believe me for the outpouring. Stand against Satan’s plan to stop what I am sending from the windows of Heaven. Keep giving and do not withhold from Me. Be alert to those places the enemy will try to rob from you. Live a life of integrity and you will see rivers of prosperity pour into the storehouses of My ministries for My end-time harvest of the nations of the earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Israel and Prophecy

I think that too many Christians put a lot of emphasis on the country of Israel when dealing with end time prophecy.

The problem with that is that...the current nation of Israel is not the chosen people anymore.

Please pay attention the Christ and the Leaders of Israel.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Joh 8:13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
Joh 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
Joh 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
Joh 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
Joh 8:20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
Joh 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
Joh 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Joh 8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
Joh 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
Joh 8:27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
Joh 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
Joh 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
Joh 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Joh 8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
Joh 8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
Joh 8:50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
Joh 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
Joh 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
Joh 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Joh 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Did you understand what Christ was saying to the Jewish nation. Christ came to re-establish the church under himself. He selected 12 men to replace the 12 tribes of Israel. The disciples were the leaders of the church. When Christ died, the nation of Israel was never going to be the church. They had chosen a murderer..a symbol of the devil as their leader. they were never be his chosen vessel. Jesus was saying that, just because you are a child of Abraham by the flesh, it does not make you a child of God in spirit. If they lived the living faith like Abraham who was willing to sacrifice Isaac at the request of God, they truly would be the children of God. There whole existence was always marked with forgetting God and doing their own thing until they got in trouble. When they returned from exiled they went totally the too far. they made laws that superseded the laws of God. if they had kept the law in the right spirit they would have flourished as a nation and God wouldn't had to have re-establish the church or the identity of the father. It was lost by their traditions which took the place of God's law...Christ remarked about that..

Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
Mat 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Mat 15:5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

God had given the Jews time to repent but they never did. you find in the book of Daniel.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Seventy week are cut off for the Israel. When did the seventy weeks begin? They began at the order to rebuild the Jerusalem. When was that?
457 BC is the date the order was given. 70x7=490 days, but in bible prophecy a day equals a year (Num. 14:34). So there are 490 years. Now mind you, The Messiah is anointed in the 70th week. Lets add 483 years which equals 69 weeks to the 457 BC date. You should come up with the number 26, but since there is no 0 year, you add 1 bringing it to 27 AD. When was Christ baptised? 27 AD, precisely as predicted. The text says he would covenant with many during the week...The Last Supper. In the midst of the 70th week he would be cut off. How much is half a week..3 1/2 days, which in prophecy is 3 1/2 years..so add that to 31 AD. When did christ die? 31 AD. again foretold. how much is left? 3 1/2 year which brings us to 34 AD. What took place during that time? The gospel was spread to the gentiles. This is all documented in the Gospels and Acts. Christ told them to only go the house of Israel. It was not time to go the gentiles. One thing though...God will always answer the request of another gentile nation who comes seeking after him. He always..Rehab....Ruth....all came seeking God and he honored them as his own. The same came be said of the syphonecian woman whose daughter had an evil spirit...who had faith in God to save her daughter...

Continuing....
The nation was cut off. That what Stephen said to them before they stoned him.

Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Act 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
Act 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Later Paul says the same thing concerning the gospel...

Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
Act 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Furthermore, the Lord said they were no longer his. He gave them parables.

Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Mat 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
Mat 21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
Mat 21:46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

Was this fulfilled? Indeed. In 70 AD, Titus the Roman general, totally demolished the city. Millions and millions of jews were killed. They ran out of wood from all the crucifixes they used. Christ foretold that it would happen...

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Mat 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
Mat 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give **** in those days!
Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Understand, that christ said talking about the future. The history records the total destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. AGain, related to Daniel chapter 9 of which I already mentioned.

Is Israel in palestine his chosen people. NO! They stoned stephen; The hindered the spreading the gospel wherever the disciples preached.. Read ACTS!!! The disciples were the church and anyone who believed the gospel they preached became a part of the church.

So who are Israel....Those who keep the commandments of God and has the testimony of Christ which is the spirit of prophecy. They are his chosen vessels. They are the ones the DEVIL hates (Revelation 12:17). He does not hate christians who break God's commandments.

GBU

....the current nation of Israel is not the chosen people anymore

The nation of Israel will always be Gods chosen people. They are the natural branch but we have been graphed in. During the great tribulation He will deal with them again and they will have their last chance before He comes and sets His feet on this earth. In fact 144.000 will preach the gospel of Jesus Christ during this end time. Many of the prophecies of Daniel have not happened yet and are speaking of the time of the great triublation.

Romans 11
1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid.

Romans 11
17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graff them in again.

24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

First of all no where does Stephen say ANYTHING about Israel being cut off in Acts 7:51-53. Paul also did not say that Israel was no longer the chosen one. Read deeper and you will see.

Amen sister Gloria. You hit the nail on the head. There is nothing for me to addon from Scripture at this moment.

God never said Israel was cut off. If it were so, GOD would not mention the 144k remnants in the last book in the Bible, Revelations, the book referring to the end times specifically.

Revelation 7:4
Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel

Revelation 21:12
It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Amen. Period. Your "theory" of Israel is invalid.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have one quit literal question... liek i am sorry but dont Expect me to read all of this i woudl be here for a year reading it all like literally... LOL

but where do you all get the time to sit down and type it all out?? or is it just copy paste from other areas???

Love Simon!!!

Gloria said:

The nation of Israel will always be Gods chosen people. They are the natural branch but we have been graphed in. During the great tribulation He will deal with them again and they will have their last chance before He comes and sets His feet on this earth. In fact 144.000 will preach the gospel of Jesus Christ during this end time. Many of the prophecies of Daniel have not happened yet and are speaking of the time of the great triublation.

Romans 11
1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid.

Romans 11
17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: (They were cut off because of their disbelief in Christ, in the promise Messiah)

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. (Did God spare the natural branches? NO in fact, he allowed the Romans in 70 A.D to totally destroy the city of Jerusalem)

22Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graff them in again.There is a condition on the natural branches, if they come back to belief they can be grafted back in..otherwise they are lost just the gentiles..

24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
Rom 9:29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

I thank for your response, but I don't think you really understand what it means to be israel...

The children of Abraham by reproduction are not Israel. Israel is a spiritual kingdom. That is why Christ could honestly say, that my kingdom is not of this world. Abraham is the father of all who follow Christ by faith. Even if you were born in the house of Jews..it would not make you a child of Israel. Israel are those who have the faith of Abraham...and DOES THE WORK of Abraham.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father.
Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Joh 8:48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
Joh 8:49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
Joh 8:50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
Joh 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
Joh 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
Joh 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Joh 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Joh 8:59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The kingdom of God is spiritual and all the members of the church are spiritual members. The true worshippers of god live by faith. The Jews failed to live by faith in God and was cast out of the vineyard, because of their disbelief.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, who is the householder and who is the vineyard? which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower What is the tower and who are the husbandmen? , and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants who are the servants? to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son who is the son? , saying, They will reverence my son.
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Mat 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto who are the other husbandmen other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
Mat 21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
Mat 21:46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

I wanted to re-emphasize Christ's words that the kingdom of GOD was taken from them because they slew the SON in the parable...a final denial of CHrist's the promised messiah. Remember they choose barabas instead of Christ, a murderer, the symbol of the devil.

Answers to the above parable....

1) Who is the householder and who is the vineyard?

Isa 5:1 Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:
Isa 5:2 And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein

Isa 5:3 And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard

Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

2) What is the tower and who are the husbandmen?

Exo 25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Joe 1:11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.
Joe 1:12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.
Joe 1:13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.

3) Who are the servants?

Jer 7:25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

4) Who is the son?

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Act 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

5) Who are the other husbandmen?

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

6) What happened to the vineyard?

Isa 5:5 And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:

GBU all

Last edited:
the book of Zechariah is but one of the books in God's Word that speaks to a day when Jesus Christ will indeed save Israel..yes, the Jews...God's beloved nation..read chapter 8...it is Jesus' proclamation to Israel...Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem. and to pray before the LORD. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pas, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you...Zech. 8:22-23 When Yesua comes in the clouds and Israel looks at the VISIBLE scars of Christ's crucifixation on His Hands and His Feet...they (Israel) is said to weep bitterly for the One whom they pierced...they will come to the full knowledge that Jesus is and always was their true messiah...God reveals this to us in His Word...Romans chapters 9,10,11 goes to great length to show the Church that God is not finished with Israel...HE brought them back into their rightful land, He promised once they returned they would never lose it again...to poke around with this precious piece of real estate is to poke a finger in God's Eye...He loves the Jew and He WILL REDEEM THEM IN THE END....HIS MESSIANINC KINGDOM IS COMING...Glory to the Lamb of GOD...I cannot wait to se Him and reign as joint heirs in eternity as well as on the new earth during His 1000 promised reign before He gives the throne over to the Father that all will be ONE forever and ever...amen! se Rev. ch 20-22

I have a question for you Remnant. What is your purpose here starting a thread about Israel not being a chosen nation, which you are incorrect anyway?

Your not glorifying GOD, your not edifying anyone else on the board either.

Please explain because I have a burning curiousity to your purpose here.

Remnant said:
I think that too many Christians put a lot of emphasis on the country of Israel when dealing with end time prophecy.

I have looked at the first post over and over and dont see how this thread is over emphasizing Israel. Did you read it all or just see the word "prophecy." ? It is speaking of the GIFT of the Spirit called Prophecy. I think you are on the wrong thread.

However, I do need to clarify something

I thank for your response, but I don't think you really understand what it means to be israel..
-----------------------------------

The kingdom of God is spiritual and all the members of the church are spiritual members. The true worshippers of god live by faith. The Jews failed to live by faith in God and was cast out of the vineyard, because of their disbelief.
-----------------------------------

I wanted to re-emphasize Christ's words that the kingdom of GOD was taken from them because they slew the SON in the parable...a final denial of CHrist's the promised messiah. Remember they choose barabas instead of Christ, a murderer, the symbol of the devil.

Yes I do understand they must recieve Jesus as their Messiah. Whether Jew or Gentile together we are one new man in Chirst.

The Jews rejected Jesus when He came so he turned to us the Gentiles and now we can recieve salvation also. But that was NOT final. Soon they will have their last chance to recieve Him - their eyes will be opened to the truth and they will repent and believe.

PLEASE NOTE - I was misquoted -- .
Remnant - please at least give me the courtesy of quoting me exactly and the scriptures exactly -and add your opinions OUTSIDE the quote ok? what was in RED inside my quote is NOT what I said but was added to my scriptures and makes it look like I said it. READ post #3

I will give you the same reply again as before. This is what I really said.

Romans 11 :
20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

23And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graff them in again.

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins

-------
144.000 Jews, which are of the 12 tribes if Israel will spread the Word of God telling that Yeshua (Jesus) is Messiah (Saviour) .

Revelation 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God . He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." 4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel

Last edited:
Thank you sister Gloria for your great responses. Apparently some people have no purpose whatsoever in life but to cause strife and division, to speak words that mean nothing and hold no value to serve GOD or edify the believers in their faith.

The thread is about prophecies. What on earth does Israel being a chosen nation or not have to do with this? It doesn't.

Remnant, read carefully and pray before you let your fingers loose on the site. Israel is GOD's chosen nation. There is no purpose or good intentions in arguing against it.

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ!!

Eph 4:4-6 "There is one body and one spirit just as you were called in one hope of your calling:One Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and father of all, who is above all and through all, and in all of you" (NKJV)

Yes the Children of Israel were God's "original" chosen people, but due to their apostasy they rejected the son of the living God. That is not to say that if the Jewish nation does not repent and accept Jesus as their personal savior, that they will not be saved. I believe what the remnant is trying to express is that we (the gentiles) are spiritual Israel and we have a right to Abraham's inheritance. Israel is not God's "exclusive" people anymore. As the Remnant showed us, the jewish people (after the accension of Christ) continued to reject the Gospel!!! Even Paul was a huge advocator for the destruction of the early church. But despite his earlier beliefs, he was reconcilled unto God and became a champion for the Gospel. I would have to agree with Remnant. A lot of believers are not allowing the Bible to interpret itsself. Instead they are trying to interpet the bible for themselves. There are no more divisions of Jews and Gentiles. For those who believe in JESUS and accept him as their savior, becomes part of the Body of Christ.

Israel and the Church are two seperate bodies. Israel didn't become a nation overnight and get their ancient language back just by coincidence; it was God intervening. They still have a purpose. The Church involves all (gentile and jew) who believe in Jesus Christ. Israel is still going to play a major role in the tribulation; when the Church is taken, attention will switch over to Israel. The 144,000 witnesses are going to, in a sense, take the place of the Church. Don't forget, even when Israel fell away, God still promised that He'd bring His people back. The Church isn't the "spiritual Israel." We're an entirely different body.

Back