Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

PTA Moment

rizen1

Active
PTA Moment
NLT Parent Devotional

Oh, why didn’t I listen to my teachers? Why didn’t I pay attention to my instructors?
Proverbs 5:13

What did your kids learn in school today? Over the past few years, our schools and their administrators and teachers have been the object of much criticism. We’ve heard about violence in the classrooms, sub-standard education, and secular humanism. Those of us with children in public schools may become fearful of what could happen there. To balance the view, however, I must say that in my 26 years in youth work, I found very few anti-Christian and/or incompetent teachers. In Campus Life we spend a lot of time on the high school and junior high campuses, and so I have seen scores of teachers. Most were dedicated men and women who believed in what they were doing. And the same has been true with my two daughters. Both have had outstanding teachers.

To underline this, let me share a letter that my younger daughter Dana once brought home on her last day of school.

Dear Parents,
The time has come for me to give you back your child, the same child you entrusted to my care last fall. I give him back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser and more responsible. Although he would have attained this growth in spite of me, it has been my happy privilege to watch his personality unfold day by day. It is difficult to give him up, for having spent nine months together, we have grown close and have become a part of each other and will always remain a part of each other.

We have played, laughed, cried, learned, and enriched our lives together this year. I wish it could go on indefinitely, but I must give him back. Take care of him, for he is precious.

Remember that I will always be interested in your child and his future, wherever he goes, whatever he does, whoever he becomes. His joys and sorrows I will be happy to share.
Sincerely, Sue

What Dr. James Dobson and Dr. Cliff Schimmels say is true . . . that the school system is only as good or as bad as the classroom teacher.

Thank you, Mrs. Kreminski, for being such a terrific teacher. And thank you, all teachers, who fit this same mold. You deserve our frequent gratitude.

Back