Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Q&A for teens and youth

Faithful Son

Hi guys ;)

It's me again, saying hi to all the teenagers and youth of Talk Jesus. I would classify myself as being part of the youth group, since I'm only 23 years old. So now that you know that, I hope you won't mind a little q&a.

Try to answer all/some of these questions. After we've answered them, we'll see the similarity in our lives with each other. Brother Paul made it quite clear in the Bible when he said this:
1 Corinthians 12 The Message
12-13You can easily enough see how this kind of thing works by looking no further than your own body. Your body has many parts—limbs, organs, cells—but no matter how many parts you can name, you're still one body. It's exactly the same with Christ. By means of his one Spirit, we all said good-bye to our partial and piecemeal lives. We each used to independently call our own shots, but then we entered into a large and integrated life in which he has the final say in everything. (This is what we proclaimed in word and action when we were baptized.) Each of us is now a part of his resurrection body, refreshed and sustained at one fountain—his Spirit—where we all come to drink. The old labels we once used to identify ourselves—labels like Jew or Greek, slave or free—are no longer useful. We need something larger, more comprehensive.

14-18I want you to think about how all this makes you more significant, not less. A body isn't just a single part blown up into something huge. It's all the different-but-similar parts arranged and functioning together. If Foot said, "I'm not elegant like Hand, embellished with rings; I guess I don't belong to this body," would that make it so? If Ear said, "I'm not beautiful like Eye, limpid and expressive; I don't deserve a place on the head," would you want to remove it from the body? If the body was all eye, how could it hear? If all ear, how could it smell? As it is, we see that God has carefully placed each part of the body right where he wanted it.

19-24But I also want you to think about how this keeps your significance from getting blown up into self-importance. For no matter how significant you are, it is only because of what you are a part of. An enormous eye or a gigantic hand wouldn't be a body, but a monster. What we have is one body with many parts, each its proper size and in its proper place. No part is important on its own. Can you imagine Eye telling Hand, "Get lost; I don't need you"? Or, Head telling Foot, "You're fired; your job has been phased out"? As a matter of fact, in practice it works the other way—the "lower" the part, the more basic, and therefore necessary. You can live without an eye, for instance, but not without a stomach. When it's a part of your own body you are concerned with, it makes no difference whether the part is visible or clothed, higher or lower. You give it dignity and honor just as it is, without comparisons. If anything, you have more concern for the lower parts than the higher. If you had to choose, wouldn't you prefer good digestion to full-bodied hair?

25-26The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part, the parts we mention and the parts we don't, the parts we see and the parts we don't. If one part hurts, every other part is involved in the hurt, and in the healing. If one part flourishes, every other part enters into the exuberance.

27-31You are Christ's body—that's who you are! You must never forget this. Only as you accept your part of that body does your "part" mean anything. You're familiar with some of the parts that God has formed in his church, which is his "body":

This is very good for us to know. Because then we will feel connected with each other, knowing, that my friend Cody2 might be the hand and his role is to make things clear to me in a unique way that Cody2 was made for. Then again, anyone out there, teenager, youth or adult, might be different. Some people give answers, others ask questions. It does not matter who does what essentially, as the Holy Spirit decides upon that.

So the q&a is.

What have you been going through these past 3 months?

What are your plans for the near future and what is your vision of your life as a whole?

Has God revealed something special and applicable to you about your life or those around you recently?

What's your favorite pass time? What do you find yourself doing more of each day?

Do you believe that Jesus will return soon and do you believe that He will be all that you imagined?

Do you have a personal/romantic relationship at present, do you need some support and prayer for the relationship?

Are you happy? Not happy with your life or with your general perception of life, but are you happy in God?

That's all, even if you answer one of those questions, that's fine. I just want to see how much we truly have in common.

God bless
Much love
brother teraside ;)

Last edited:

I've been out of school, went to Baptist Church Camp and things like that.

What are your plans for the near future and what is your vision of your life as a whole?

I plan to still be living for the Lord along with going to school for Physical Therapy.

Has God revealed something special and applicable to you about your life or those around you recently?

He's revealed that I'm nothing, without Him.

What's your favorite pass time? What do you find yourself doing more of each day?

I hang out with my friends a lot, so I guess that.

Do you believe that Jesus will return soon and do you believe that He will be all that you imagined?

Yes, I've always thought Jesus would come back in my life time.

Are you happy? Not happy with your life or with your general perception of life, but are you happy in God?

It's hard for me to be sad anymore, knowing that no matter what, I have Jesus right here with me.

Thanks for your responce brother Cody2. I really appreciate it. Let's see if the others have something to say, don't worry, I'll answer my own questions too.

God bless! ;)

I have been finishing year12 studies to further me into university and I've also been taking a lifegroup at church, started worship leading, getting more into my artwork, and living an awesome life with God. its been a full on 3 months!

My near future plans are to be a bigger Godly influence over my unsaved friends lives (its my last year in high school) which also involves the life group help run at school. Be accepted into my Uni course and to be he best Church member or part I can be. My future plans (Godly calling dreams and visions) are to be and Live in Africa, Be apart of Mercy ministries, write a book/songs, Continue with my artwork and be the person God envisioned me to be.

Similar to CODY2's answer, Ive been shown that its not about me, but God and His plans. I have also learnt to completely trust HIM even when I'm blind to what's happening next.

I think my favourite pass times other than sharing an experience with GOD, is making a difference in someone's life through GOD and i definitely find myself doing this more often. Seeing someone having a genuine smile and watching eyes being lit up is amazing.

I've always had a feeling that He might. But whether He is or He's not, I think when I finally meet Him, He will be more than what I can imagine.

Do you have a personal/romantic relationship at present, do you need some support and prayer for the relationship?
NO

In general I am happy,. with my life, I think it can get hard sometimes, but i am so happy with my life where its heading and my lifestyle. And with GOD? even when i'm down , I'm still happy in GOD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back