Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Question??

Rickeo

Ok so am sorry if this has been asked and is in the wrong area but am about to rush off out so need to ask.

This is one of the things that I can't grasp about Christianity.

Benevolent - (Compassionate)

So they say God is a Benevolent God which am not in any doubt of that but one thing gets to me.

Now God created us and when he created us he knew exactly what we would do until our dieing day thus meaning our book was written from day one we can't change it right?? If we could change it then God would know what we would decide to do either way hence God knows absolutely everything we are going to do from the moment he creates us till the day we die.

Right so God knows there is a Heaven and a Hell he knows we all have to be a Christian and believe in Jesus to go to Heaven yet he still creates people knowing they will never believe in Jesus when they die knowing that individual his child will suffer for ever and ever in Hell :coocoo:

Now this just really confuses me because that doesn't sound to much like a benevolent God to me I am a Christian I believe in Jesus and that he died for me so I could have eternal life and he took on my sins and paid that ultimate price.

However I really need to grasp this and understand it fully because it's setting me back people have explained to me saying everyone is given a chance to become a Christian in there life time blah blah blah which is all good and well I believe that but the point is GOD KNOWS they will turn those opportunities down he knows that at there dieing point they will still reject the truth he knew this when he created them and he knew his creation would suffer in hell for the rest of time upon there passing.

It just doesn't sound like the compassionate God I believe in am confused please help??

Rick

Ok so am sorry if this has been asked and is in the wrong area but am about to rush off out so need to ask.

So they say God is a Benevolent God which am not in any doubt of that but one thing gets to me.

Now God created us and when he created us he knew exactly what we would do until our dieing day thus meaning our book was written from day one we can't change it right?? If we could change it then God would know what we would decide to do either way hence God knows absolutely everything we are going to do from the moment he creates us till the day we die.

Right so God knows there is a Heaven and a Hell he knows we all have to be a Christian and believe in Jesus to go to Heaven yet he still creates people knowing they will never believe in Jesus when they die knowing that individual his child will suffer for ever and ever in Hell :coocoo:

Now this just really confuses me because that doesn't sound to much like a benevolent God to me I am a Christian I believe in Jesus and that he died for me so I could have eternal life and he took on my sins and paid that ultimate price.

However I really need to grasp this and understand it fully because it's setting me back people have explained to me saying everyone is given a chance to become a Christian in there life time blah blah blah which is all good and well I believe that but the point is GOD KNOWS they will turn those opportunities down he knows that at there dieing point they will still reject the truth he knew this when he created them and he knew his creation would suffer in hell for the rest of time upon there passing.

It just doesn't sound like the compassionate God I believe in am confused please help??

Rick

i have a question
i am a born again believer but how do i know there really is a GOD?:confused2:

Humans are sinners by nature. We were given free will. Because of our sins, we were separated from God. 2000 years ago, He sent His Son Jesus Christ to save us from our sins.

True. He is a compassionate God but let us also keep in mind that He is also just. If there will be people who accept Jesus and follow Him, He rewards them a place in Heaven. Why would He give people who don't follow Jesus a place in Heaven too? Does it sound unfair if one follows Jesus and two don't and they both go to Heaven?

God sent Jesus for us to be reunited with Him. When we go to Heaven, He will ask us what we did with His Son Jesus Christ. That's why Christian expand the Kingdom of God by witnessing to people. If they chose not to believe in the Gospel, they are like rejecting Jesus Himself. It's all about Him anyway. We are just here to spread that Word/ Gospel.

I hope that answers your question.

i have a question
i am a born again believer but how do i know there really is a GOD?:confused2:

How can you be born again if you doubt that there is God? I'm sorry to say this, maybe you are in the wrong church if they don't preach it at all.

Rick

Dear Brother,

Before I answer your question, I just want to say something. There is something common between you and me. Just like you, even my name is 'Richard'.

Coming to your question, I noticed that your faith has been shaken up by the kind of life and the environment your living in. Remember, God knows everything, He is merciful and cares for you. No matter what you have done, he is able to restore you and build you spiritually. Just trust in Him, he will help you.

We as humans are born sinners, infact God doesn't want any of us to go to hell, because He suffered a terrible death for us on the cross. It is our stubbornness, pride and the rejection of God's word willfully causes us to go to hell. He doesn't send us to hell, we are the ones sending ourselves to hell.

God has given us 2 choices:

1). Blessing (To be with the Father forever).
2). Curse (To burn in hell forever).

Based on the choice we make, we live our lives accordingly.

Remember, whenever your about to do something perhaps not good, we are answerable to God for everything. Keep yourself away from temptations and don't allow yourself to be tempted.

God bless you.

Back