Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Rap/Hip Hop, etc

Shane M.

Alot of people I was around in school listened to rap music, wear baggy pants, etc. To me rap is a bad influence.

And i'd like tell you all that i am only 15 years of age and I hope this does not affect the way people comment.

Like the Punk/emo thread, i would like to know what cristians think of the rap/hip hop culture...

I love rap and hip hop music, but i listen to it being played by Christians, there are some amazing artists out there who play rap and hip hop and use it to praise God, check it out on God Tube my fav one is 'Riding with the top down listening to this Jesus Music' it is amazing.

Some of the stuff in the charts about disrespecting women, using drugs, dealing, gangs all that i mean as a christian why would we want to hear all that anyway there is enough going on outside our front doors without listening to it in music aswell.

God Bless and Much Love xoxoxoxox

I love rap and hip hop music, but i listen to it being played by Christians, there are some amazing artists out there who play rap and hip hop and use it to praise God, check it out on God Tube my fav one is 'Riding with the top down listening to this Jesus Music' it is amazing.

Some of the stuff in the charts about disrespecting women, using drugs, dealing, gangs all that i mean as a christian why would we want to hear all that anyway there is enough going on outside our front doors without listening to it in music aswell.

God Bless and Much Love xoxoxoxox

Mounty you right on the ball..I listen to all types of christian music.
I don't descriminate.

We have to remember..music was created by God not the devil, all the devil can do is imitate it, polute it and twist it into something negative.

I'm curious to what you consider " culture ", alot of people wear clothes that just happen to fall into a bracket.

If I wear all black does that make me apart of the gothic culture ?

We can't stereotype people's behaviour or dress code by what they listen to, our behaviour patterns stem much deeper than just from entertainment.

Think about it..how different is rap's influence to a child playing a violent video game.

Remember if you letting the world bring you up you would have a problem, but if the Holy Spirit is your guiding light..there is no need to worry about the world because you know its the bible you live by.

Yes music can play a part in how we interact, but there is no new sin....whatever you think Rap is corrupting it's all be done before under another name.

I end with Mounty's words.

[/COLOR]

Yes, you are right. Not all people that wear baggy clothes shoud have to be judged a certain way beacause of the way they dress.
I apolagize for that and to anyone who may of been offended.

Ok well thank you for your opinions.

God bless you all

Yes, you are right. Not all people that wear baggy clothes shoud have to be judged a certain way beacause of the way they dress.
I apolagize for that and to anyone who may of been offended.

Ok well thank you for your opinions.

God bless you all

Don't worry I don't think anyone was offended.

You raise a great point, for us to think about..It's also good to know that you are aware of stuff around you, and you're able to decide what's for you and not for you. As christians we're suppose to have standards.

Be blessed...I'm sure others might jumb in with more responses.

Back