Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Really, what is love?

lola

I can honestly relate to the previous Cinderella thread. I too have never dated, nor have i had a boyfriend of any sort. Let's just say the only romance that i have ever witnessed is that of old black and white movies and pathetic christain romance novels.
Yet, as i was growing up, i saw how my parents truely loved one another, and even after my mother died from cancer, my father's love for her was so obvious that it twists my heart just to think about it.
It angers me beyond words how love has been perverted these days. What happened to honest and pure love that our parents and grandparents and even great-grandparents knew?
What happen to the day when kissing a girl wasn't a common ritual after a first date, but rather it was a bold statement made by a man to a woman that he truly loved?
I saddens my heart to see so many young girls and guys walking away from broken-hearted relationships that were all based off of what they thought was "love."
All I can say is that we (as christian brothers and sisters) need to learn to put Christ first and then wait upon Him for our mate, that this the only way that we will truely find the man/woman that we have been waiting for!
And it is this hope, dream, and/or prayer that has kept me going when everyone else around me is married or dating.
So yah, I suppose until God has determined me ready for my Prince, i'll just keep loving Him and singing with the birds!
God Bless

Hi Lola,

I am confusied with you post. As I know that Love mean sacrifies. Yes we know that todays youth they don't about love they are not taking their life easy.

And can't know much more about love, because as my self never fall in love y because I have see to my friend that their are having 2 2 girlfriend in their life spoling other life, Anyway we doesnot have to that way If you are single then keep pray for your Life partner God will send him in right time.

Antony

Hi lola,

I agree with what you've said, I guess the world has changed and priorities are different. Divorce has increased dramatically, television is now teaching and defining what love is to many children and teenagers. Thinking back to high school, I was practically the only one with parents still together. What I'm saying is most young people or young adults today have a blurred perception of what love is because of so many breakups and the superficiality of television's definition of love (based soley on sex & looks).

I've had many friends who have had several relationships and have come away with broken :love:'s, what I've noticed about them is that they all come from a background of divorced families or emotionally deprived of love by their parents. I am grateful that I have parents who are still together and are great examples of lasting love based on God's love.

I wish that all my friends would put their trust in God's love and guidance so that they won't have their :love:'s broken all the time (which I might add is an enforcement to my belief to trust in God), but unfortunately
their choices keep them on the same path.

I pray that God's love through his Holy Spirit will help you to wait faithfully and guide you to the right person.

God bless!

Last edited:
That's very true talei-v. Love these days is based on lust to be precise according to the outcome of a survey I made. Sticking to Him and giving that desire and love to him instead is far better.

I agree with you dear, I guess waiting upon the Lord for the right person at the right time is the best decision to make.

Stay strong.

The problem with many a people especially(with due respect)girls is that they get too emoyionally carried away too soon.I love lol's stand at least you still can wait despite the fact that so many around you are getting on with their seemingly love life.Most of what people refer to as love often is actually not deepseated hence won't last the test of time.For those of us in the christian faith,i expect us to have a better understanding of love.
The bible says for God so loved the world(with her inadequacies,weak points,unfaithfulness,and all sorts of imperfection)that He GAVE....so true love gives love back without looking for it in return!If we know God so wll giving true love will be so easy.You know how bad you were but God loved you still,tell me how can you then,having digested God's love not give also thesame measure you received from God to someone else.
So it is vital that we settle this in our minds before seeking who to go out with.Once you take the bold step to give,keep giving.Even if you have made a mistake in the past thereby hurting someone ask for his grace NEVER to do so again.Above all wait on GOD! :love:

I think that the world has always been like this towards love. Its just now the media lets us all know about it.
I have been studying love since I met Jesus. I thought love was between a boy and a girl before I met Jesus.
How wrong was I.
Cant remember from the top of my head but Corinthians 1 or 2? chapter 13? Has a truly amazing chapter on Love. KJV uses the word Charity. My NIV uses Love.
I love this chapter and at times feel it is my favourite. For around 4 years I studied it, and still feel like I am a beginner in Love.
And thats why I love it so, It has depths to outlast my lifetime.

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Last edited:
I wanted to add this again so it wasnt missed.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

It contains so much about everything we do it amazes me every day.

hey guys,
It's nice to see that there are others who feel the same as I. I also wanted to thank you all for your insight and encouraging words. You have no idea how precious they are to me...

God Bless

Right on Lola! I hear every word you're saying, So, keep on hoping & dreaming & praying & loving Our One & Only True GOD! Your heading the right direction!

Last edited:
Very true Lola. God bless you. Love has been replaced with Lust. The world no longer knows what Love is all about. Sadly, the Church has been carried along in this error. The result; broken hearts, broken homes and broken children. When I was growing up as a teenage Christian, we were taught not to engage in kissing and the like. I pray more Christians would teach this without being judged as old fashioned

Someone once said that the Church is getting increasingly worldly. If you do not toe the world's stand, you are seen as an offence. May the Lord raise more Christians who will stand up for Him like the Lord Jesus did, without fear or favor.

Back