Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Rejoicing in God's Love: A Prayer of Gratitude

Christmas is a special time that encompasses the values of giving, charity, and family. It is a time to be surrounded by those we love and hold dear. During our family reading yesterday, I found myself filled with reflection.

My Prayer,

Dear God, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for bestowing upon us the incredible gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ. This selfless act of sacrifice is something I know I am unworthy of, yet He willingly gave Himself to save us from our sins. Thank you for providing us with the light and joy that comes from embracing the teachings of Our Lord.

When I think about James 1:17, it reminds me that every good and perfect gift comes from above, from you, the Father of heavenly lights. Your love and blessings are constant, never changing like the shifting shadows. This scripture truly encapsulates the essence of your goodness and reminds me to be endlessly thankful for everything you do for us.

In this season of gratitude and reflections, I can't help but utter the words of Psalm 106:1: "Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" Your steadfast love continues to amaze me, and I am forever grateful for your endless grace and compassion.

As we celebrate this Christmas season, I bask in the glow of Your love, dear God. Thank you for the gift of Jesus, thank you for your unfailing love, and thank you for every blessing you have bestowed upon us.

With a heart full of gratitude, I offer my thanks and praise to You, Our Lord.

Amen.

Scripture: New International Version (NIV)

James 1:17
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Psalm 106
1 Praise the Lord.[a] Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Luke 1:26-33
26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”
29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

Back