Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Second thoughts.

chiaroscuro

Do any of you teens out there ever have second thoughts or doubts about your relationship with God? And if so, what do you do to overcome them?

Any response would be great!

Yes I do.

and When I have them, I try to relax for awhile, go on a walk or something and just kinda vent and pray to God.

Also I have a friend who lives close by who used to be a preacher, so I can always mosey on down to his house for some fellowship

All of my life I have been scared of things that had no good motive.
Like if someone asked me to go to the park with them late at night,
and I told them why so late, and they say 'just cuz..' I wouldnt do it.
So when someone like God loves me even though I mess up a lot and
forgives me when I ask of Him, and protects me, I dont understand
why, and I tend to think, 'But why...I wont unless I have an answer'
and then I find myself not talking to Him a couple days.
But I have been able to overcome it with the fact that His ways are
not like my ways, and His thoughts are higher than mine Isaiah 55:8
and that I should not lean on my OWN understanding but on God's. Proverbs 3: 5-6.

I have also learned that shunning Him is not the way to deal with things.
I now talk to Him, and pour out my feelings to Him and ask Him for the
wisdom and answers to my questions that I chase after. Besides, it was Jesus that did say, 'ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you.' Matthew 7: 7-8.

Yep, me too!

When I begin to question my life and my blessings I turn to God. I pray for clarity and understanding, I turn to his word for encouragement and I turn to family and friends. ( Mark 2:7-11):wink:

i actually have second thoughts lots of times, this how i get over it(might not sound like the best advice but this is really what i do)
First i get some alone time, listen to some Skillet and think about my life.

When i think about my life i think bout which direction its going, and what im actaully trying to achieve. Then i think about how much he really means to me and how the thing that makes me doubt him is probably my fault(which is like a 100% of the time).

then i just read some bible, which always clears up my doubts

I have them, often. I just try to surround myself with encouraging Christians and read His word as often as I can. No one can control your relationship with Christ so don't let them. Only you can choose how you feel.

Back