Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Sexual Morality

rizen1

Active
Sexual Morality
NLT Student Devotional

Think about the last movie or TV show you saw. What view of sexuality did it portray? Would this viewpoint match up with what’s in the Bible? Probably not, right?

Sex is often glorified in society. For some, it is the end all and be all. But what is God’s opinion on the matter?

The place to begin searching for answers is God’s Word. Genesis 1:26-27
tells us that God made us in his image, male and female. God created us to be sexual beings. He invented sex! But his good gift has been cheapened and exploited in society.

Ever hear the argument that 'If it feels good, do it'? Some single people use that argument for sex: if it feels good, they do it whenever they want. There’s nothing new about this philosophy. The ancient Greeks called it hedonism. What is new, though, is the widespread devastation it produces in countless lives: sexually transmitted diseases; a rise in teen pregnancy and abortions; suicides as a result of broken relationships.

If ever there was a time to lift up the biblical standard of sexual morality, it’s now. The Bible has some straightforward words about sexual behavior.

Hebrews 13:4 says, 'Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.' (See also 1 Cor 6:13.) Since God made sex to be part of the bond between a husband and wife, sex outside of marriage is wrong.

Of course, this leaves a sizable gray area of what is and isn’t acceptable in God’s eyes. The issue isn’t 'How much can I do before I’m considered sinning?' If you want to please God, a better question to ask is 'What would God have me do in my opposite-sex relationships? How can I best honor him and the other person?'

Navigating the waters of sexual morality can be challenging, but with the Bible, prayer, and other Christians’ input as your compass, you can do it without crashing on the rocks of sexual sin.

The bible says "Flee youthful lust's" That means get running. and do not stop. "Flee youthful lust's"

If you want to keep yourself for that man/woman in your life........when temptation comes......and it will come. Run....run.....run...

Articles written to help are ok......But the bottom line is if you do want to "keep yourself pure" then run......as the bible says. MmMm

Years later you will be glad.......If such is your desire

Back