Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Sing, Sing, Sing!

JeRoche

There are so many verses in the Bible that say to sing unto the Lord. Rich Mullins, the Christian musician who wrote the songs Sing Your Praise to the Lord and Awesome God even said that singing is the most reiterated command of the whole Bible. And you know, I can see why that is. When I don't feel like doing anything else... even if I'm upset or stressed... I have found that singing is always an activity that is uplifting and encouraging, especially if the songs that I sing are praises to our Lord.

Now, I've never taken any kind of voice lessons or anything. Until recently, I didn't even know how to read music. But I didn't let that stop me. It doesn't matter what you sound like to God. So I suggest that if you're ever bored or looking for a new hobby, just give singing a try. I think you'll be surprised at how much happier you will feel.

It's even more fun to sing with someone, so find someone you'd like to spend some time with, and let singing bring you closer together!

Exodus 15:1
Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously...

Exodus 15:21
And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously...

Judges 5:3
Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the LORD; I will sing praise to the LORD God of Israel.

2 Samuel 22:50
Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.

1 Chronicles 16:9
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.

1 Chronicles 16:23
Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation.

2 Chronicles 23:13
And she looked, and, behold, the king stood at his pillar at the entering in, and the princes and the trumpets by the king: and all the people of the land rejoiced, and sounded with trumpets, also the singers with instruments of music, and such as taught to sing praise.

2 Chronicles 29:30
Moreover Hezekiah the king and the princes commanded the Levites to sing praise unto the LORD with the words of David, and of Asaph the seer. And they sang praises with gladness, and they bowed their heads and worshipped.

Psalm 7:17
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

Psalm 9:2
I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.

Psalm 9:11
Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

Psalm 13:6
I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Psalm 18:49
Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.

Psalm 21:13
Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.

Psalm 27:6
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

Psalm 30:4
Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Psalm 30:12
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Psalm 66:4
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.

Psalm 92:1
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High.

Psalm 104:33
I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

Psalm 135:3
Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.

Isaiah 12:5
Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.

...and many, many more verses can be found that tell us how good it is to sing to the Lord. :note:

wow! JeRoche, thanks for the scripture to back up what you're saying. I like what you said about singing even in difficult times. Praise God for your talents. Isn't music a real blessing? Thanks for sharing!

Back